Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rashard Hall has knee surgery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Rashard Hall has knee surgery

Jan 26, 2012, 5:44 PM

Rashard Hall has knee surgery

Rashard Hall, the leading tackler on Clemson’s 2011 football team, had knee surgery earlier this week and will not participate in spring practice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Luck, Rashard!!***

Jan 26, 2012, 5:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who did the surgery?

Jan 26, 2012, 6:11 PM

Hope it wasn't the same certain someone who messed up DaQuan's knee.

Probably Larry Bowman.

Jan 26, 2012, 7:44 PM

nm

Why didn't they do it the day after the OB?

Jan 26, 2012, 6:15 PM

Not sure why they/he waited an extra 3 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Why didn't they do it the day after the OB?

Jan 26, 2012, 6:21 PM

logical question. we always seem to do this. no idea why

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard it said the docs want to wait until....

Jan 26, 2012, 6:24 PM

swelling is down, etc. so they can perform the surgery correctly. I've got to think this was a doctor's decision for good reasons.

Which would imply that it swells on him after he plays?

Jan 26, 2012, 6:32 PM

Must have played with a swollen knee for the balance of the season then.

Re: Which would imply that it swells on him after he plays?

Jan 26, 2012, 6:39 PM

I've heard reports that he played at around 70% his usual ability all season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid has a huge heart.

Jan 26, 2012, 6:46 PM

Need more like him.

Re: The kid has a huge heart.

Jan 26, 2012, 9:18 PM

He might have a huge heart but if he was as injured as some are saying 70% of his normal self, we need to figure out why we didn't just sit him down and if early enough try for a medical redshirt for him?

He was terrible all year and a huge reason we couldn't tackle and took terrible angles to make tackles all year, why not just let some freshman who is healthy learn and at least be able to make some plays after learning for a few games.

I truly believe this was a terrible decision by Dabo and the staff, and I am not one to criticize normally but Hall was so bad this year it really looks like an even worse decision now that he misses spring ball and the chance to be fully ready to go with a new defense under Venables.

Re: The kid has a huge heart.

Jan 26, 2012, 9:27 PM

I thought I heard the knee issue was genetic, and that he could not damage it anymore than it was already damaged. I hope the surgery repairs his knee and he doubles his stats and goes on to the next level.

Outside of the 'backers, Hall was the biggest D liability.

Jan 26, 2012, 10:47 PM

Huge heart and intelligent young man, but he had a boatload of inexcusable defensive breakdowns throughout the year. He was torched in coverage/beaten over the top on numerous occasions, took incredibly poor pursuit angles, and was caught completely out of position too many times for a guy w/ his experience. Laterally, he was completely out of sync b/c of his knee.

I really hope Hall comes back stronger than ever b/c he was the biggest disappointment of the '10-'11 season, in my book. Hawkins was the Least Valuable Player last season, but I didn't expect a potential all-conference campaign from him like I did Hall.

That's why he was leading tackler this year. Get over it.***

Jan 26, 2012, 11:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's why he was leading tackler this year. Get over it.***

Jan 26, 2012, 11:44 PM

Just because he made a lot of tackles does not make him good, Hawkins had a bunch of tackles but if they are 5-10 yards down the field should you really be happy with him making the tackle? You have got to be blind not to see how bad both our safties were this season. We moved our best cornerback to saftey during the middle of the season it was so bad, why not just keep the corner(brewer) in his best position and use a freshman instead of the mess we had with Hall out there.

Sorry but I just can't see how anyone would defend the decision to not get him the surgery as soon as they knew his knee was a problem, he didn't do the team any favors by staying out there and not being able to play to his best.

Probably cost Steele his job, which in the long run is good for Clemson but just hurt us mightily this season.

Maybe this year "We will fix it" really means something***

Jan 27, 2012, 6:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did take some questionable angles...Injured or not...***

Jan 27, 2012, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Outside of the 'backers, Hall was the biggest D liability. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic