Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't bottled sweet tea taste like the real thing ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why can't bottled sweet tea taste like the real thing ?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:46 PM

THESE are the kinda questions we SHOULD be asking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You must not be adding enough citric acid to your tea at home***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess not. Shorten the shelf life - something - anything

Jan 22, 2021, 3:02 PM

it all tastes terrible compared to the real thang.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Bottled teas are usually made from concentrate, too

Jan 22, 2021, 3:07 PM

and anyone who's had orange juice from concentrate can tell you how much it affects the taste.

Re: Why can't bottled sweet tea taste like the real thing ?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:54 PM

Yes and....

When Wimmins started getting big breasts, why did chicken’s breasts start getting big also??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 3:10 PM

Have you tried Snapple Peach Ice Tea. It’s the best! Or at least I think it is. But your right most bottled tea taste to sweet or to bitter.

Good luck finding a bottled tea you like.

Pure leaf extra sweet is about the closest thing but it's

Jan 22, 2021, 3:15 PM

still the tallest midget at a Manute Bol convention.

Gold Peak is about the closest

Jan 22, 2021, 3:13 PM

They do have a sweet and an extra sweet version. Pure Leaf, Snapple and Turkey Hill are the worst.

Gold Peak out of the "fountain" servers is terrible - at

Jan 22, 2021, 3:16 PM

least the times I have tried it.

Not sure I would ever drink a sweet tea out of a fountain

Jan 22, 2021, 5:36 PM

That’s always instant. Bottled gold peak isn’t instant

OK - that's my next try - bottled Gold Peak.***

Jan 22, 2021, 5:44 PM

Jan 22, 2021, 3:56 PM

Because the bottled kind is sweetened with corn syrup which ain't good for you and doesn't taste as good as plain ole sugar which also ain't good for you but doesn't have an aftertaste!

Re: There Is An Art And Technique To Everything ---

Jan 22, 2021, 4:23 PM

Hand made sweet tea vs machine made.....hand Madeleine every time....I believe.

Some of these Chinese restaurants usually get it right surprisingly on how it tastes when they make it.

Speaking of some sweet teas being too sweet.......McDonalds and Quik Trip's sweet yeas are going to kill someone real fast. Theirs are waaayyyy too sweet no matter how much ice and water you add to it. Their tea should be banned by the FDA until they can get it right.

McDonald's sweet tea is as good as it gets unless you make

Jan 22, 2021, 5:46 PM

it yo'self.

Re: There Is An Art And Technique To Everything ---

Jan 23, 2021, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: There Is An Art And Technique To Everything --- ]

Mix McDonald's sweet tea and unsweetened half and half or more depending on how sweet you want it.

McDonald's tea is consistently good as long as they keep the equipment clean.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:52 PM

There is only one that comes close. Find Milos. Walmart has it here in Florida. As close as you’ll get to home brew

Jan 22, 2021, 6:03 PM

Most of the bottled sweet tea are made by companies up north I believe or at least have northern roots. They have no idea about sweet tea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 6:00 PM

Same reason nothing else tastes as good as homemade. Fresh, no preservatives, and real sugar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just hit on the thing I miss most right now....

Jan 22, 2021, 6:06 PM

Going to a restaurant and being served Louisiana tea...

Yum...

A serious question deserves a serious answer ... Milo’s!

Jan 22, 2021, 6:28 PM

There you go.

Jan 23, 2021, 9:11 AM

Because your mama didn't make the bottled tea.

My Mom always kept a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge - I

Jan 23, 2021, 1:35 PM

wanna say it was a 2 gallon deal.

She’d put in something like 10 saccharin tablets and something like 2 or 3 cups of sugar.

My oldest brother’s best friend (he was like another son / brother in my family) would pop in all the time - just walk in, go to the bathroom, and say “I need a glass of syrup” ..... make himself a sweet tea ...... and leave.

Every 3rd or 4th time, he’d bring in a handful of glasses that were rolling around in his car, I guess, and say - “Something happened - these are empty”.

Simple.

Fun.

Easy times.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic