Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:38 AM

Not seeing why so many are picking them. Maybe im just stupid but im taking Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it.

Jan 12, 2020, 8:41 AM

Lotta folks gonna be losing their money!

Jan 12, 2020, 8:52 AM

Gambling is, of course, a system designed to take advantage of suckers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps

Jan 12, 2020, 9:18 AM

Everyone pays vig or juice on the bets.

Vegas doesn’t care who wins. It just wants even money on both sides. The book gets paid either way.

If Vegas wants even money, why hasn't the line moved?

Jan 12, 2020, 9:34 AM

Despite so much being on LSU?

Clemson

Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE

Jan 12, 2020, 9:50 AM

The lopsided numbers you are seeing is local. Biloxi is heavily LSU because the area is heavily LSU. But Biloxi is laying it off. It’s gotten closer and closer to even nationwide over the week.

News media reports on odds are usually suspect. Sports board posts #### sure are. Oddshark is a pretty good source.

The book also has to leave room for the sharps coming in late. If you think your biggest whale is going to come in on Clemson on Monday at -5.5, then you know it will balance at the number and you don’t move the line.

Also watch the juice. Which side is a more expensive bet? If it’s -105 on one side and -120 on the other, that tells you where the book wants the money placed. It’s like the top vent on your Green Egg. It’s for small adjustments.

Thanks, +1***

Jan 12, 2020, 10:32 AM

Clemson

Re: Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE

Jan 12, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE ]

#### and go away

Jan 12, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE ]

Betting money on sports is not something I do , but to each his own .

I guess what I'm saying though is that Clemson's going to beat the LSU Tigers tomorrow night and it doesn't matter what the line is or who the team lining up against us is .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 12, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE ]

Is there any way for me to place a bet from home at the Biloxi moneyline of +200 ??

Seriously. I could use an extra $10,000 right now***

Jan 12, 2020, 11:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm waiting for a poker table at Golden Nugget in

Jan 12, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Because the money is only 54/46 NATIONWIDE ]

Biloxi. Just wire me the money and I'll place the bet for you ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Vegas wins over the long haul.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps ]

Not on every game.

Vegas books made a bundle last night because of big money bet on Baltimore.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m pretty sure Lamar bet against the Ravens

Jan 12, 2020, 12:47 PM

Re: Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps

Jan 12, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps ]

Very true but they would prefer the majority of money on the ML to come in on the losing team ofcourse lol.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps ]

And vegas hasnt really adjusted it's line even with 93% of money on LSU. Have fun taking a sucker bet.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Gambling profits from suckers AND sharps ]

A sharp is just a sucker in a better suit .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 12, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it. ]

If you spend much time in Lousyana you will get it...ask anyone not from there who have lived or worked there for any length of time...why do you think they have all the gambling and slot machines at every service station...lotteries abound...everyone is going to get rich on the numbers games...now do you get it!

People have short memories. They dominated the big bad

Jan 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

SEC and beat even more over rated teams than Bama did last year. I can’t wait to see them play somebody.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The lemmings have been set up.***

Jan 12, 2020, 8:43 AM

Jan 12, 2020, 8:54 AM

The LSU beat down of OU inaccurately tainted opinions into thinking they are an unbeatable juggernaut. Vegas is taking advantage of that and the house will win big on this game.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:42 AM

This is the correct take. It’s an overreaction to the beatdown they gave Oklahoma, a team with a bad defense and depleted roster.

Clemson by double digits.

Be honest

Jan 12, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it. ]

It’s also a reaction to your slow start against TOSU. That made the money nervous about Clemson v LSU.

Be honest

Jan 12, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why all the betting on LSU? I dont get it. ]

It’s also a reaction to your slow start against TOSU. That made the money nervous about Clemson v LSU.

Sorry for the double post

Jan 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

I don’t know how to delete on your site. Apologies.

Have to donate, I believe

Jan 12, 2020, 10:34 AM

It's an option next to the reply button otherwise.

Clemson

Isn’t it enough to have to listen to all the experts

Jan 12, 2020, 9:15 AM

drone on about Joe Burrow being the next Tom Brady; our DBs can’t contain all the explosive LSU WRs - and their amazing RB - PLUS Randy Moss’ son at TE; our DL isn’t good enough to put pressure on their QB; our WRs aren’t that good and were exposed by 0-4-0 State....

OBTW: 0-4-0 State receivers dropped three touchdown passes ( or was it four?...) and the refs cheated them out of two more touchdowns, AND took out their ONLY defensive player They still haven’t figured how we cheated and rendered Chase Young ineffective... but I digress.

.... so, we didn’t actually ‘beat’ 0-4-0 State - thus we STILL haven’t ‘played’ anybody; and we ARE playing an SEC team this time, btw (aTm and uSuC don’t count); sure, Auburn held them to 23, but AU is SEC - and it was an anomaly; their defense gave up 30 points (+/-) against two pathetic SEC teams and Texas - but THIS is a different team, now; they OBLITERATED three AMAZING teams in their last three games (overlooking the facts an aTm team that isn’t the team we played in Sept - and neither are we - plus UGA and OK teams that were depleted on offense and defense respectively; and ....

...well, need I say more? Have I missed anything?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 12, 2020, 9:17 AM

Probably because it's like a home game for them and their O is so good. Obviously we are still doubted too. Our losses to UNC and Ohio State are obviously hurting us.

An objective answer

Jan 12, 2020, 9:23 AM

There is a lot of emotional money on LSU.

But the sharp money got a little worried in the playoffs. It was NOT LSU’s blowout of Okie. It was Clemson’s slow start over OSU.

LSU will not go conservative ever. If Clemson starts slow, Clemson loses. That’s what is holding back money from Clemson.

Re: An objective answer

Jan 12, 2020, 10:09 AM

And there you have the reason LSU is overconfident. They won’t slow down, thus the reason Burrow and this offense has put up the numbers it has. Just look at the OU game as an example...up 56-21 and Burrow is playing in the 4th. If Dabo played that way, LSU and the country would be saying LSU doesn’t have a chance. But apparently the media and SEC fans never learn...Dabo is a crouching tiger and you’re the next victim...

Spot The Ball!

Jan 12, 2020, 10:28 AM

All the reasons have been covered well! The most significant in my opinion being: "the if they can score all those points in the SEC" then they will be able to do it against anybody else.
They did against Texas ( in a shoot out ). Texas barely finished above .500. A&M struggled the last half of the season. Georgia was 62nd in offense which means they expose their defense to more plays. Oklahoma was w/o 3 guys going into the semi-final. Lost it's leading tackler in the 1st qtr and had struggled against "regular teams" the last 4-5 games of their season.

If you willfully ignore all that plus look at the fact they scored a bunch of points but gave up a bunch of points too! For example, UF went into the 4th qtr with LSU down 7 with the score being 35-28. UF isn't what anyone would call explosive offensively! They did beat Bama. But, Bama had looked pretty average on defense against "regular teams"! Let alone an explosive offense. Plus, they only beat Bama by 5 when the Tide entered the game with a banged up QB.

"Willfully Ignore" all that - plus the fact we have the best DC in the game at your own peril. Spot the ball and let what's going to happen happen.

To me it would take Clemson not playing it's A game for LSU to win. If Clemson is on it's game in all three phases we win the NCG! LSU can't beat us if we are on our A game on ST, offense and defense!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

playing against good defenses tend to

Jan 12, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to An objective answer ]

make you start out slow..ohio state is the best defense we will have faced this season

Jan 12, 2020, 9:44 AM

Simple answer: recency bias. Google it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is setting up just too much like last year.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

All good news IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of dem Louisiana folks done lost their minds

Jan 12, 2020, 10:58 AM

Louisiana is a gambling state and N O doubly so. Playing in the Natty done gone to their heads and they are betting their emotions. Gonna be so sad and poor come Tuesday.

Recency bias.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:08 AM

Did you see what LSU did against Oklahoma? Wow! And Clemson - they struggled in their semi vs O-4-O State.

Seems about that simple.

Interesting analysis on the line from Rotoworld…

https://sports.yahoo.com/championship-game-ats-preview-200739566.html

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words TV

Jan 12, 2020, 11:22 AM

LSU has had massive national media coverage this year on ESPN and network TV
& has an offense that looks really impressive. Clemson has played on the ACCN
a lot which is not a national broadcast and the few struggles y'all have had were
broadcast during the other games so everyone noticed, then there was the Peach bowl
& Fiesta bowl games everyone watched. It would appear that LSU is the current media
darling and drawing most of the gambling money. As far as Louisiana being a gambling
state there are truck stops that have video poker in some parishes but a lot have
voted to not allow it within their parish. It's also illegal to bet on college sports
in the state, requiring a trip to Mississippi if you want to place a bet. I'm not a
gambler, but I've always heard to never bet your heart, but a lot of people do.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:59 AM

It’s like a Las Vegas tax on the stupid. When you listen to the corn dog’s reasoning, it’s straight from ESECPN. So ESECPN sells the fake talking points to the ignorant, the ignorant parrot the fake talking points like its Old Testament gospel written in stone. Las Vegas sets up betting lines based on the fake narrative and the ignorant happily hand over their money.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic