Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Would Kellie Bryant Simply Declare For The NFL?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,143

Why Would Kellie Bryant Simply Declare For The NFL?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:01 PM

As a 5th year Senior with 4 games under is belt, his draft stock is going to be as high as it possibly can be (not counting the part of walking out on your team)...He could have spent the rest of this year working out somewhere, maybe with cousin Martavis, and went to the draft.

Since he is at best going to be a 6th round-UFA, he might as well get on a team and try to make an NFL roster and start his development for the next level and make a few dollars.

He must think working out at another school for a year with inferior WR's and RB core will improve his game.

There are Power 5 Schools and there are "Elite 5 Schools: Clemson, Bama, tOSU, UGa, Oklahoma" and KB's services won't be needed at these places...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Why Would Kellie Bryant Simply Declare For The NFL?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:04 PM

Mitch Trubisky, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson and all other 1st round QBs in the last 2 years not from those 5 programs say hello.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 2:05 PM

SethSlyy said:

Mitch Trubisky, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson and all other 1st round QBs in the last 2 years not from those 5 programs say hello.

Are you saying KB is in their league?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:07 PM

I'm stating the school you go to doesn't really correlate to your draft stock anymore.

nor does leaving early***

Oct 3, 2018, 2:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 3, 2018, 2:10 PM

I am a Kelly Bryant fan and really appreciate what he did for Clemson. He is a tremendous Athlete. However I do not think he is a NFL QB or will ever be one.
He should have moved to another position at Clemson and then probably could have grown into a NFL prospect at said position. Just my 2 cents worth, I am in no way a player analysis so I’m sure my thoughts are way off. Best of luck to him in whatever his future holds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 2:25 PM

I agree about him not being an NFL QB. However I don’t get the argument to change positions. He would not be on the two deep roster at any other position given our talent.

you assume his goal is to be in the NFL?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Would Kellie Bryant Simply Declare For The NFL? ]

he may want to be a Nfl QB only. if not move onto somethinv else outside the nfl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 3, 2018, 2:10 PM

I think KB being a 5th year senior is the single largest myth in Clemson football.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:18 PM

Agreed...still keep trying to figure out where people think he's a 5th year anything...he is currently in his 4th (Senior year)...was part of the class of 2015 recruiting (#14 dual threat).
https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings/?Position=DUAL

2015-16 (Year 1)
2016-17 (Year 2)
2017-18 (Year 3)...last year
2018-19 (Year 4)

Honestly, I get the vibe that he just wants to play

Oct 3, 2018, 2:12 PM

And by play I mean, play as the starting QB. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe he really does have a true confidence in his ability to move on and play as a QB at the next level (and more power to him if he does), but I get the impression, and I'm not at all saying this is wrong, that he just wants to have another year as the man leading a team at a position and in a sport he loves.

I really think it's likely that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last thing you’re known for, getting passed on the depth chart by a Freshman?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:23 PM

Not what you want on the top of your resume when applying for a job.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:28 PM

I’m not usually this guy, but how do you spell his name Kellie and expect to have a serious discussion?

Oct 3, 2018, 2:30 PM

Just drank a Redbull ??

Because I was being shall we say "Flippant" to Begin with

Oct 3, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Would Kellie Bryant Simply Declare For The NFL? ]

"Kelly" Bryant as an NFL QB is not a serious discussion so I decided to be a smartass

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic