Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LATEEK & MARTAVIS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,412

LATEEK & MARTAVIS

Aug 14, 2012, 11:37 PM

Really pulling for Dabo and our coordinators to put the best talent on the field and coach them up.

I believe Lateek & Martavis have some game-changing plays in them this year and hope the coaches give them some serious reps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with your two dark horses (sorry Al and Jesse)

Aug 15, 2012, 12:16 AM

Also, don't sleep on Peake. He's another one who's gonna go under the radar but put up big numbers. I'm also very excited about Hopper. From the practice video I've seen he appears to be very fluid and have exceptional quickness and agility

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree with your two dark horses (sorry Al and Jesse)

Aug 15, 2012, 12:23 AM

peake is going to have a great year, looks like he will be returning kicks in the first two games.

Bryant probably won;t put up huge numbers, but he can stretch the field and open up thing underneith. He looks like a nightmare to cover.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why WON'T Bryant put up big numbers??

Aug 15, 2012, 1:01 AM

With his size and speed, we're stupid to not try to get the ball to him more. That guy should be a freakin' STAR at Clemson by the end of next season, if not this season.

We have SO many talented receivers. If the OL can give Boyd a little time, and if Boyd can read the coverages and find the open man, we should be very dangerous in the passing game. Which in turn might open things up for D.J. Howard and Ellington.

Re: Why WON'T Bryant put up big numbers??

Aug 15, 2012, 2:24 AM

Until he can chip away on a defense, catching the short and immediate routes in traffic, then he will be a "jump ball" receiver. This is the guy Chad Morris covets when stretching the field. He is also a guy I see being a major threat on a fade route into the endzone, as well as the 2nd and short guy once we cross the fifty. Remember, Morris will stretch the field once we cross the fifty. I think Bryant is that guy.

I am not saying he can not be a productive receiver on every down, but he is the guy you stretch the defense with and and open up our guys like sammy and nuke who can find space on the short down and distance.

There are just two many top flight Wideout's for me to believe that Bryant will be that guy. However, we will take a lot of shots down field with him because of his ability to win one on one battles and that should yield him 400-500 yards, cause he is match-up nightmare one on one down the sideline.

i think Peake and Nuke will be our most productive recivers this year.

I may get landblasted for this, but also I do not think Sammy will match last years numbers as a wide out. He will make some big plays, but I think he will receive a lot more attention this year and that will Allow Peake and Jaron Brown to rack up a lot of yards.

Aug 15, 2012, 7:47 AM

Sammy will put up 1000 yards after missing 2 games, sammy is a first round talent and he is clearly the best wr we have, yes we have a talented group but sammy is still the best of them without question.

Aug 15, 2012, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Why WON'T Bryant put up big numbers?? ]

Alshon Jeffery and Calvin Johnson made college careers being "jump ball" receivers with less talent at the QB position than Clemson has with Boyd. Just sayin'...

Jacoby Ford did it at Clemson***

Aug 15, 2012, 9:29 AM

Re: Jacoby Ford did it at Clemson***

Aug 15, 2012, 10:36 AM

Yeah, not sure I remember Jacoby going up for to many jump balls.

Re: Jacoby Ford did it at Clemson***

Aug 15, 2012, 10:54 AM

Not necessarily jump balls, but he was known as a deep threat and nothing more.

Hard to have a jump ball when you're 10 yards down field from the nearest defender

I think you underestimate Martavis

Aug 15, 2012, 9:16 AM

The talent we have at receiver will help #1 get more touches. You can't cover everyone. And if we line up with 4 WR's, who are you going to leave open? You can't cover all of them. Somebody will be open every play

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic