Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why It Is Time for the Georgia Bulldogs to Leave the SEC
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Why It Is Time for the Georgia Bulldogs to Leave the SEC

Apr 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

Interesting for those that want Clemson to join the SEC

http://www.dawgsports.com/2012/4/26/2975694/georgia-bulldogs-sec-rivalries-auburn-clemson-florida-georgia-tech-south-carolina-football

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are always reasons to leave for UGA and Clemson

Apr 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

in their respective conferences but many more reasons to stay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this guy got his wish, it would be perfect for Clemson***

Apr 26, 2012, 10:40 AM

This guy better watch out for the SEC goons

Apr 26, 2012, 10:39 AM

"As it was with the perceived divergence of the interests of Georgia and of the United States, so it is with any similar divergence in the interests of the University of Georgia and of the Southeastern Conference; my loyalty to the SEC is derived entirely from my loyalty to UGA, and I care not one whit for the former, except to the extent that it serves the latter."

He didn't get the "eerything revloves around the SEC" memo. I hope he doesn't wear Mike Slive's concrete shoes anytime soon.

The poll numbers are surprising. The majority are...

Apr 26, 2012, 10:57 AM

in favor of starting a new conference. I'd love for this thing to gain a little traction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Im all in on that one.

Apr 26, 2012, 11:02 AM

That would be the perfect conference for Clemson!

Great find Tiger Stripes. Thanks for posting.***

Apr 26, 2012, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This is just the fateful cylce of organizations. People,

Apr 26, 2012, 11:12 AM

institutions, states form a loose confederation for their best interests in order to solve problems or facilitate functions that is only possible or better done by a group.

Inevitably, however, these organizations become so large and so powerful (out of the control of the money) that they become self-serving at the expense of the original founding members.

It happened to our country, it has happened with all sorts of organizations (such as charities), and it has happened with the NCAA (telling schools who their mascot can be), the ACC, and SEC, and it will happen with any group that doesn't have eternal vigilance by keeping a reign on the money influence, and the corruption and deception at the top.

Americans are now enslaved to the money lenders http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936
controlling our empire, and Clemson and Georgia our now slaves to the NCAA, and the ACC and SEC, respectively.

What will most do about it? Truthfully, not a #### thing.

In the end, UGA will bend over backwards for the SEC money.

Apr 26, 2012, 11:13 AM

This guy is fooling himself if he thinks they won't do it for the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better get it done now before football season. Once

Apr 26, 2012, 11:20 AM

Slive gets through using the huge Texas and Missouri state-wide TV markets in his renegotiations, the SEC prostitutes won't care.

Re: Why It Is Time for the Georgia Bulldogs to Leave the SEC

Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 AM

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

Great writing. Thanks for the link. It'll never happen.

Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 AM

In the SEC they're guaranteed uber millions. No way they take a chance on giving up that $ pipeline.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be for this. If we didn't have to join SEC but still

Apr 26, 2012, 1:08 PM

played big-time southern teams then heck yeah where do we sign up?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Bulldogs funny how they always think of Ole Miss

Apr 26, 2012, 1:10 PM

and Auburn as rivals but can't ever seem to think of Bama that way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a conference W/ UT, UGA, Alburn...

Apr 26, 2012, 2:01 PM

oh yeah, I could do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic