Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I never liked Chad Morris.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why I never liked Chad Morris.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:06 PM

It's time to put blame where it needs to be blamed. I've seen a lot of people blaming Adam Humphries for the loss last night and that needs to stop, never blame a 20 year old kid for falling short on the big stage. We all have bad days just none of ours are broadcasted on National Television.

But Chad Morris on the other hand seems to be a consistent problem. When we play a team that we are entirely more raw talented then, our offense looks absolutely sensational and Chad Morris looks like an offensive genius. But when we play teams with not even elite defenses just comparable talent, and even that's debatable with South Carolina, we get run out of the building. The guy is just not who everybody thinks he is. Obviously I'm being facetious when I say this but we have two plays in our offense, Tahj Boyd up the middle and 4 Deep and let's pray for a bust.

You can't blame Brent Venables either. When the ball is turned over six times, it's almost incredible to think we we're able to hold them to 31 points, and that all goes back to Chad Morris. Clemson just doesn't lose anymore, Clemson loses badly and it always seems to be on the shoulders of a bad offensive performance leading to the defense spending enormous amounts of time on the field only to get a stop and then immediately run back out there after a three and out.

I know the sunshine pumpers are going to run and say some miserable oratory about how we have a Top-20 offense and who would we replace him with, and I can't answer that. If it we're me i'd return back to what Clemson used to mean, strong running game and physical defense, it's time we pull up our pants and play big boy football and not Texas high school football.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Malzahn is the real deal, Morris is just an imitator

Dec 1, 2013, 5:15 PM

Looks like we got the wrong guy from tulsa

Stats

Dec 1, 2013, 5:20 PM

Take a look at Chad's stats against top 25 teams (end of year rankings). Now look at sensational offenses of the past 10 years and look at their numbers versus top 25 teams.

When you compare WVu (old), Oregon, FSU (fisher as OC), Auburn (w/Gus), it's pretty interesting to see who continues to produce huge numbers.

The breakdown indicates Morris is good, but not great. Unfortunately, his pay is exceptional.

Re: Why I never liked Chad Morris.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:25 PM

I agree about Morris. He is totally clueless and that call for the Sammy pass early in the first quarter as we were pushing them down was disgraceful. Furthermore, his utilization of our playbook is a farce. How many times did Tajh go into the line. On D, I do disagree. First I do agree with it being tough when we've turned it over time after time after time and that puts pressure on the d. Where I disagree is here: It is clear our DE's are not taught how to rush and contain a mobile pass. They understand nothing of the concept of keeping him "in the middle so to speak". Second, Shaw ran at least 10 QB draws without being stopped for a loss once or even stopped for no gain! V is over his head and clearly is not teaching a darn thing! this is basic football 101!

10-2, suck on it!***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we really have no clue what "talent"***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:33 PM

Maybe we have no clue what "talent"

Dec 1, 2013, 5:35 PM

Really looks like... Most posters just look at bunch of stars and decide we have better talent.

Maybe they have more POTENTIAL but for some reason their talent is being developed.

So we look at the post four years of recruits and say we are more talented when the reality is SCar's 2-stars have developed into just as talented players as our guys.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:56 PM

Morris is one of the better OC's in the country. You will realize it when he is gone.

Having said that, I don't know why you went away from the run. I think it has more to do with playing too many lesser level teams and not any close games.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:59 PM

That's his one major weakness - he gives up on the run too quickly/easily.

I'm not sure if it is Morris or someone higher up.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sometimes you can get too cute

Dec 1, 2013, 6:10 PM

Morris doesn't differentiate among opponents. He plays FSU and SCar the same way he plays Syracuse. Calling high risk trick plays when there is no reason to do so? We have success with the run, so he is going to prove his brilliance by passing? When he knows, and everybody in the building knows, our O line cannot protect Boyd. But it's like he's compelled to do it anyway. He did the same thing last year with the same results.

I get that watching your first Clemson game didn't go as

Dec 1, 2013, 6:12 PM

expected last night.

You should go back and watch some other games since Chad has been here. I think you'll find that he's doing a fine job.

Agreed

Dec 1, 2013, 6:21 PM

His scheming for UVA and Wake Forest were pure genius.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed

Dec 1, 2013, 6:24 PM

UVA and Wake? are you kidding me? we should beat them on principle..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get that watching your first Clemson game didn't go as

Dec 1, 2013, 6:22 PM [ in reply to I get that watching your first Clemson game didn't go as ]

I think you need to go back and watch some film. when the offense is on its a good thing. when things get out of hand he gets too pass happy and tries to rush the tempo of the game. instead of taking what the defense gives him

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play calling did not do us in last night, nor against FSU.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:28 PM

Name every game since Chad has been here that you think the play calling was poor.

We are 31-8 since he's been here. WVU in the Orange Bowl wasn't a play calling problem.

So you've got 5 games to pick from out of the 39 total.

I'll wait.

**FYI he always tries to rush the tempo. Has never made any bones about it.

Re: Play calling did not do us in last night, nor against FSU.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:48 PM

Last night. Stupid trick play, no reason to try that. McDowell was 14 for 111 or something like that. Why only 14? He was getting nice gains almost every time. Why not work him more? Same thing last year against the coots w/Ellington. Morris gets pass happy when we get behind, panics almost, which leads to Tahj pressing and forcing stuff.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic