Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why I dislike USC so much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Why I dislike USC so much

Nov 25, 2019, 2:07 PM

People ask me why I despise USC so much. In 1965 I was a junior on the Clemson football team. We played USC down in Columbia that year. I had never been to that stadium before for a game. At that time, the stands came all the way down to field level, and the Clemson dressing room was in the same corner of the stadium as was the USC student section. Prior to taking the field, everyone was told to keep your helmet on, and your chin strap buckled. When we came out of the tunnel, we had every thing throne at us that you could imagine. I remember going back thru the portal at half time, I was walking next to Coach Howard. We had people coming up and spitting on us. They were especially trying to get to Coach Howard. I am in my 70's now, and I can still see the hatred on those students faces.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was before my time, but I can tell you...

Nov 25, 2019, 2:41 PM

Tommy Ray was a heck of a football coach and all around great guy when I played football at Northwestern in the early 90s.

I can still hear him tell the QBs that he would bet them a peach milk shake if they could beat him in a throwing contest.

1 time Jay Thompson won and the next day, here comes a peach milkshake

I only remember 1 time that any of them beat him.

Re: Why I dislike USC so much

Nov 25, 2019, 2:54 PM

why I love USC so much, there is only one USC, by the way

Nov 25, 2019, 3:26 PM

Jealousy rules them. They are so envious of everything we have that it has just taken them over. I love it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have zero tolerance for stupidity

Nov 25, 2019, 3:40 PM

as such, i despise gamecock fans, liberals, and bad drivers.

Nov 25, 2019, 3:57 PM

My most recent reminder...

2016 game vs them in Clemson.

Gathering at the Paw and right after our Alma Mater started, their band started playing.

I was sitting in the West End Zone. This wasn't a mistake or something they didn't realize. When we started, their drum major jumped to his feet and got them to start.

I was sitting next to a UGA grad...though not a big football fan, she literally stated she had never seem anything so juvenile at a football game...and remember, she went to UGA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic