Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Deshaun Watson Deserved the Heisman (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,688

Why Deshaun Watson Deserved the Heisman (link)

Dec 12, 2016, 10:44 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2680436-why-i-voted-for-clemson-qb-deshaun-watson-for-the-2016-heisman-trophy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Why Deshaun Watson Deserved the Heisman (link)

Dec 12, 2016, 10:56 AM

My letter to the Heisman Committee is in the mailbox now. Feel free to unload on them. Not sure if they would even see an e-mail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree - well written article. But bashing Lamar is wrong.

Dec 12, 2016, 10:57 AM

Lamar Jackson is a great player and seems like a good kid. He was super exciting this year and rolled up some mind boggling statistics. It seems very petty that some folks diminish and degrade Lamar.

I think DW4 was MORE deserving but have nothing bad to say about Lamar.

The Heisman process and media voters are fair game to criticize.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Manziel is at the End of the Receiving Line

Dec 12, 2016, 11:00 AM

You know the Heisman is flawed. That will be the last one I probably watch EVER.

And i can remember stopping whatever i was doing years ago to watch Barry Sanders accept it years ago and each one since.

It was humorous watching past greats, and I mean LEGENDARY greats line up - then the last few were like whaaaaaaa? Then with the trainwreck at the end -

What a bunch of doo!

(disclosure: i was very excited to see what Johnny could do in the NFL too)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 11:02 AM

I just dropped back by to say, without bothering to read the attached article how much I thought the Heisman committee got this one dead wrong.

Here is the way I see it. Lamar Jackson is a great player and obviously a stat machine. Deshaun Watson is also a great player and has been known to put up some stats himself. Yes, Jackson's were a little better, and yes, Watson had more help. Clemson has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to good players. But what goes on between the ears is a big part of being a great player, too, and in that regard, there is really no comparison.

While Deshaun Watson led his team to win after win, including a much harder than believed win in the ACCCG over my Hokies, Lamar Jackson and Louisville limped to the finish line, losing 2 of the last 3 to huge underdogs. Jackson added turnovers, and a lot of them to his stat line, while Watson overcame adversity and among other things, Bud Foster throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Watson's leadership, his ability to carry his team and to know when to do it and when to play within himself stood out to me. Meanwhile Jackson was throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball at an alarming rate those last 3 games or so. It almost seemed as if he was trying to pad his stats as Watson came on late in the season, and instead of doing that, Jackson actually cost his team wins when wins become hard, late in the season.

Winning has to count for something. Watson did it, Jackson didn't. Watson was robbed, plain and simple in my mind. He deserved the Heisman this year.

Thanks hokieone

Dec 12, 2016, 11:05 AM

You represent your fanbase well. I agree completely on all points (including underestimating VT in that game!) and I appreciate you coming here to say so.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Deshaun Watson Deserved the Heisman (link) ]

They both deserved it but they can only give it to one.

Just so you know...

Dec 12, 2016, 11:07 AM

you sound like you are actively campaigning against Watson. I know you aren't. But the fact that you keep posting this "fair is fair" crap makes it appear you have an agenda in favor of Jackson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just so you know...

Dec 12, 2016, 11:12 AM

DW deserved to win it and one can argue reason why he should but to disrespect a kid you do not know and act like he is undeserving because our guy didn't win is shameful and embarrassing. I have an agenda in respecting the votes and not acting like it is rigged by espn. I am not delusional.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Deshaun Watson Deserved the Heisman (link) ]

Thanks Hokieone, you got it right but ESPN is very hard to beat when they hype something.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 AM

Exactly, ESPN is a propaganda machine for who they want to win. They hyped Derrick Henry from day 1 last year and they did the some with Jackson. Jackson is a great athlete but compare the resumes of Watson and Jackson. Not even close. The only thing Jackson has won is the Heisman. No bowl games, no conference championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Henry hype didn't start until fornett and chub fizzled***

Dec 12, 2016, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Let it rest!!!! It's time to move on - DW will show........

Dec 12, 2016, 11:47 AM

what he's made of in the Ohio State game while the Heisman winner can only sit home and watch.

Re: Let it rest!!!! It's time to move on - DW will show........

Dec 12, 2016, 11:56 AM

Yep he has bigger fish to fry.

Dec 12, 2016, 12:02 PM

https://goo.gl/images/w0e5MD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic