Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's the best QB Clemson will face in the regular season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Who's the best QB Clemson will face in the regular season?

Apr 15, 2017, 1:30 AM

Going to state the obvious first, our D-Line, pass rush will be the best in country. All this championship talent coming back. However, we know that these QB's are in their position for a reason.
However, I couldn't help but notice that Francios was in the medical tent a lot last year... Stidham is coming from an air-raid, and has experience.

L. Jackson @ Louisville? OR Francios or J. Stidham in Death Valley? I know Clemson will be at home, but as we know, that doesn't always mean we'll win. This Defense will be stifling so that gives Clemson an edge against most of them, but realistically who's going to be the most dangerous QB Clemson faces? Jackson again in Louisville? Maybe so, IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's the best QB Clemson will face in the regular season?

Apr 15, 2017, 2:27 AM

Jackson

Bentley

Apr 15, 2017, 2:28 AM

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bentley

Apr 15, 2017, 6:01 AM

I despise the cluckers and hope we treat 'Wonder Boy' the same as last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

C'mon 2k, it wasn't a popularity issue

Apr 15, 2017, 7:53 AM

But rather, who is the best we'll face. Don't know 'bout you, but all the expert coots i know say hands down, Bentley is THE MAN!

(...boom?....)

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jackson and it ain't close. He wants to prove to CU he....

Apr 15, 2017, 6:34 AM

deserved the Heisman and should have won in DV last year.

Re: Jackson and it ain't close. He wants to prove to CU he....

Apr 15, 2017, 6:59 AM

He has already been exposed, losing games down the stretch last season. CLEMSON will let the world see that the committee selected the wrong guy for Heisman. I think our D might have circled that game for a reason. If I were on D, I would want to crush Jackson and send a big message to the CFB world.

JMO

That said - Jackson will probably be the best we see.

Apr 15, 2017, 7:19 AM

Lamar Jackson will be the best, and it won't even be close. His only issue will be the talent around him, which Clemson will exploit. After Jackson, I would probably take Francois then Stidham, who both have talent around them. After those 2, you have Ryan Finley at NC State and Jake Bentley. For the first time since 2014, Clemson will be playing a team with a clear advantage at QB.

Francois***

Apr 15, 2017, 7:44 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 7:50 AM

Jackson

Apr 15, 2017, 7:52 AM

Jackson and Frenchie are both a the top of the NCAA IMO.

Apr 15, 2017, 7:55 AM

Jackson his legs will keep them in games and he will make some big plays even against our D. He is just to tough of a runner to shut him down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 8:37 AM

Yep hopefully KB will be the same way.

Apr 15, 2017, 9:42 AM

KB has to be able to throw as well though. I mean, let's look at Lamar on that....did good enough to be 16th QB in the country in passing yards. Passing opens up the running. If he can't pass, he'll never get the chances to run, D's will shut that down fast.

Apr 15, 2017, 10:01 PM

Okay. Lamar Jackson was 16th best. Where do you think Kelly Bryant ranks? He has to be better than his past performances. Not saying he won't be, but he needs to step up and deliver. Personally, I hope he does, because I think Dabo is going to force him on us. Realistically, though, I have seen nothing that makes me confident that he will deliver. I really hope I'm wrong, and that Kelly is the best QB ever. He just has a way to go to prove it and to make it a reality. The ball seems to be in his court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who do you think was the best we faced last year?***

Apr 15, 2017, 7:55 AM

Re: who do you think was the best we faced last year?***

Apr 15, 2017, 7:58 AM

Jackson, he made a lot of plays against us. The last play if the receiver would have cut back into the middle probably makes the 1st down or scores. He just played a heck of a ball game against us. I do not think he was better than Watson but he was good against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 9:07 AM

Sorry, there was no room to "cut back to the middle of the field". He took the only path available. It was a clutch defensive play perfectly executed that started before the catch was made.

Apr 15, 2017, 10:19 AM

Yep, and I'd like to add Francios' physical and mental toughness. Jackson gets rattled and is careless with the ball.

Tha answer is, Francios without a doubt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: who do you think was the best we faced last year?*** ]

He could have cut back to the right and attempted to run over him instead he tried to dodge him to the left. If that had been one of our receivers I would have expected more of an effort.

Levar.

Apr 15, 2017, 8:10 AM

nm

1) Jackson, 2) Francois, 3) Dungey, 4) Stidham, 5) Bentley

Apr 15, 2017, 8:18 AM

Stidham might be 3rd if he's healthy and good in Auburns system.

Apr 15, 2017, 9:02 AM

For my 15,000th post I imagine it will be Francois, just because I think he will have a better supporting cast around him.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Apr 15, 2017, 10:01 AM

Yep, Francois, Stidham, then Jackson.

When we played Louisville, their O-Line hadn't been completely exposed yet. If Coach Venables could have one game back, I know it would be the Louisville game. We let them back in it. You see how Houston just kept blitzing and the Louisville O-Line just folded like a cheap tent.

Apr 15, 2017, 9:52 PM

100% right on! I do think we got the feeling that we were invincible, and it took the Pittsburg game to make us realize what we had to do to be champions. I wish we hadn't lost that game, but in hind sight, it awakened a sleeping giant. For that I am grateful.

Apr 15, 2017, 9:53 PM

good qb's at louisville, fsu and auburn

Apr 16, 2017, 1:16 PM

All will be tough outs. I'd bet they are saying the same thing about us, though. We will be a very tough out, no matter who is the QB. We do need a QB who can complete some forward passes, though, and I never have seen Kelly do that.

Apr 15, 2017, 10:14 AM

Best "QB" will be Francois; OP asked for QB.

Best runner in space will be Jackson.

Both will be tough to defend, but, imo, we have the horses and the blue print to contain the runner, Jackson, more so than that if Francois. Difference is Francois has the more complete supporting cast/gameplan to defend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 10:01 PM

I believe stidham will be the best QB we face.

Apr 16, 2017, 1:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Who's the best QB Clemson will face in the regular season? ]

A little lengthy again twitters, but in short, thanks for the input. For the rest,

I think Francois with his arm, returning receivers, and a top 10 recruiting class should give them more O-Line support. However, against this battle tested defense, in the pass and the run, I just wonder how many deep balls he can connect after going to the medical tent over and over. I feel sorry for the kid, he's got grit, but He's up against the nations' most battle tested defense. I don't know how effective he will be unless Fisher had a massive overhaul at O-Line, doubtful win for FSU even so with our veterans on defense playing at home.

Stidham, will be our first test. Auburn picked him up for a reason, He can sling it. We know Auburn traditionally has a tough defense, even though having to re-load after losing Lawson on the Line. Can their O-Line handle our defense? Again, the answer is no. I haven't watched Stidham against a top ranked defense, so I don't know how he does under pressure. No, I don't consider OK a top ranked defense. He's there for a reason though, he's got the arm, and is listed as a " mobile QB ". We'll see

I like many others feel that Jackson will be the all around threat to this team. He will only get better, we assume, at least at the collegiate level, so He will present his run game and ability to throw. Yep, he can throw. It will be a hard fought night for the Defensive Line and secondary, even if their O-Line is falling down in the middle of plays ( yea I saw that video ). Jackson can still evade pressure. The question in this game will be, can our starter, if it's Kelly, beat Jackson at his own game? We are talking about two mobile QB's. Or is it someone else tat is starting by then. Honestly, whatever the QB outcome, I would like to see Kelly compete against Lamar in a dual of rushing yards but that's just me.

Oh yea, Bentley. Well, if He connects to his receivers a few times it won't be because He hasn't had his face planted in the dirt by Ferrell the play before. It's just how many blows can the little guy take from this pass rushing machine that outweighs him by double before getting benched again? Who's their backup since they let Brandon M. go..? Anyhow..

Appreciate the feedback and all the posts. We want the guys to win them all, but I thought it was a realistic question to ask considering some of the foes on the schedule this year. I know a lot will come down to our QB play, but that's another discussion that will go on.. well, for a while.

Apr 24, 2017, 10:44 PM

Their QB may never be worth a cuss due to being so tired out after having to run to the sideline and back after every play to get the next play call. Maybe the boy just isn't smart enough to learn signals, or maybe nobody on the sideline can spell.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic