Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who’s not watching CFB because of social justice patches?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Who’s not watching CFB because of social justice patches?

Jul 30, 2020, 2:04 PM

I am sure BLM will be on some of them. There were many who gave up on pro because of it. What say ye?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who’s not watching CFB because of social justice patches?

Jul 30, 2020, 2:05 PM

Wut?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like REMEMBER LESTERS***

Jul 30, 2020, 2:11 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As in Lester's Tiger Den?***

Jul 30, 2020, 3:00 PM

Re: As in Lester's Tiger Den?***

Jul 30, 2020, 3:22 PM

Yep

Lesters was #1.

Jul 30, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I like REMEMBER LESTERS*** ]

If you’re referring to the same Lesters that I remember.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 2:13 PM

Just looking for another Natty patch, and could care less about any other patch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not watching any because there is none on, right now.

Jul 30, 2020, 2:15 PM

I'll cross all future bridges when or if we get there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say GTFO dude.. I don’t care what they wear as long as we

Jul 30, 2020, 2:18 PM

Play ball

I’m sick of the American way of life being under attack. It’s not my job to rule over everyone else. I’m here to see the helmet to helmet contact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 2:19 PM

I hope all of our guys show up with the ALL IN patch...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 2:24 PM

Jesus on wheat. You guys truly are the single largest group of bottom-hurt snowflakes since the Nazis held their "Whatever was wrong with our Worldview?" conference in that John Voigt movie from the early 70's.

I am ALL for it... I am calling out those who said they were not watching NFL....

Jul 30, 2020, 2:26 PM

Because of it.... will they stick to their principles if players kneel, or wear BLM patches? I love the idea

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am ALL for it... I am calling out those who said they were not watching NFL....

Jul 30, 2020, 2:46 PM

I've been an Iptay member since 1967, a life Member, now a Life Member Plus, but if they knee, I will never give Clemson another penny and that will be the last time we ever go back to Clemson. I will still pull for Clemson, but we will not go back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you’ll most likely be saving a lot of money in the near future***

Jul 30, 2020, 2:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you’ll most likely be saving a lot of money in the near future***

Jul 30, 2020, 2:53 PM

They’re in the locker room for the National Anthem so they can’t take a knee

Rabbi, it won't solve today's problems if they kneel, wear

Jul 30, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I am ALL for it... I am calling out those who said they were not watching NFL.... ]

BLM patches or sing "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing". You aught to known that, being in the work you're in there is only one way to solve this problem.

Kneel for what?***

Jul 30, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I am ALL for it... I am calling out those who said they were not watching NFL.... ]

I am NOT against it- this is a principle check for those who

Jul 30, 2020, 2:29 PM

Said they will not watch the pros for outward shows of social or racial justice. Do their principles change when it’s CFB?

Re: I am NOT against it- this is a principle check for those who

Jul 30, 2020, 2:34 PM

HBROWN® said:

Said they will not watch the pros for outward shows of social or racial justice. Do their principles change when it’s CFB?

Nope, Done. Sick of this crap

I believe if our players, who have given so much to us fans,

want to tastefully express their feeling, while they are fighting their ### off for us, more power to them.

Why does everyone have to get so defensive. They expressed their thoughts beautifully at the unity march in Clemson in June and I stand with our players.

does the patch look good?

Nice pulse.

Jul 30, 2020, 2:37 PM

Stop flame baiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a bigot.

Jul 30, 2020, 2:44 PM

And spews his bigotry from a pulpit.

bigot.

[?bi??t]

NOUN

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: He's a bigot.

Jul 30, 2020, 3:05 PM

You reckon he manipulates his parishioners in this manner as well?

Didn’t realize they were on. Who’s playing and what channel?

Jul 30, 2020, 2:45 PM

TIA!

I've turned off the NFL and other pro sports because of

Jul 30, 2020, 2:54 PM

numerous issues. Their overt virtue signaling in support of a Marxist street movement is but one of many reasons I no longer regularly tune in.

Sports should be a respite from politics and social justice proselytizing. Sports should bring people together regardless of their political beliefs. It should be something that nurtures unity around a favorite team/player/coach and nothing else.

As I have said many times - I don't want/seek unsolicited political or social commentary from athletes, entertainers, or my plumber. I could not care less what Dabo, Trevor or anyone in the Clemson Athletic Department thinks about social movements or politics. Their opinions on these things have no more validity than my own and have nothing to do with their expertise of playing and winning football games.

Furthermore, I don't need to be spoon-fed oversimplified 30 second faux solutions to complex problems in our society. I'm not lazy and will do my own research to make judgements about an issue based on my own values and not the expedient PC Twitter approved values being hailed by popular culture as "right-think".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well put.***

Jul 30, 2020, 2:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

I like the way this guy thinks...***

Jul 31, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I've turned off the NFL and other pro sports because of ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is "social justice"??

Jul 30, 2020, 3:01 PM

Whatever it is, BLM is not it.

Re: What is "social justice"??

Jul 30, 2020, 3:06 PM

I believe it means: to seek equality through inequality and division.

Re: What is "social justice"??

Jul 30, 2020, 3:09 PM

... to seek equality revenge ...

FIFY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Plus tearing down statues while COMPLETELY

Jul 31, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What is "social justice"?? ]

ignoring 99.99% of black lives in general, and especially the innocent black children getting killed every week in inner cities. Those obviously don't matter. Only George Floyd, and the 9 unarmed black people killed by police in 2019. Meanwhile, the 20 unarmed white people killed by police in 2019 do not matter. Because all lives do not matter.

Makes perfect sense. Social justice indeed.

Jul 30, 2020, 3:04 PM

Maybe Trump but nobody else cares.

More racebaiting from THIS clown? Good Lord, you have NO

Jul 30, 2020, 3:23 PM

shame

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic