Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No more talent out of Daniel?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

No more talent out of Daniel?

Jan 19, 2018, 9:43 AM

Hearing there's no serious "Clemson talent" on the roster for the next coming years... Heard Venables will be the last for a while unless some kid works his tail off and surprises People... Few years ago, every year there was a kid coming from Daniel... Jarvis Jenkins, Nuk, deshawn Williams, Shaq, jaelon oglesby (never played a down for Clemson but could've been special, that's a whole nother story) .... What use to be a direct pipeline for Clemson will be null for the next coming years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They stopped giving free wifi

Jan 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

5* kids demand free wifi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They stopped giving free wifi

Jan 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

5* kids demand free wifi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

they should probably bulldoze the school***

Jan 19, 2018, 9:49 AM

aren't all those guys like cousins/related-- maybe we have

Jan 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

to wait 15-20 years for the next generation

Re: aren't all those guys like cousins/related-- maybe we have

Jan 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

Yes. They're all related in some capacity... Nuk, Shaq, jaelon, DJ Greenlee, deshawn Williams that probably will never happen again lol.

they're all coaches' kids now. gritty players. walk on types***

Jan 19, 2018, 9:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Signing Venables = a great addition to our LB's for years to come

Jan 19, 2018, 10:02 AM

The kid is a quick and obviously comes from great genetics!

What about RC Edwards Middle School?

Jan 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

RC Edwards Middle School was a strong feeder program to DW Daniel HS for many years. That's where the development of talent starts.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about RC Edwards Middle School?

Jan 19, 2018, 12:05 PM

I attended Edwards for 2 years then transfered back to my original School (Seneca) 7th and 8th grade, played with Shaq and Deshawn Williams and our basketball and football team was unstoppable seriously the best team I've ever been apart of. Back in the day when Robinson was there the devolopment would start in rec league. High school coaches would go to practices and games and scout 7 and 8 year old kids. Idk if Fruster is still doing that... Edwards is a great middle school and devolpment was a big thing there while I attended, we actually had coaches prepping us for varsity ball. I remember during summer work outs we would run from Edwards middle to Daniel high, practice with the older guys and then jog back to Edwards, it was at least a 2 mile run...

Jan 19, 2018, 7:19 PM

I bet you had a big part in those teams being unstoppable hahahahahahahaha

Jan 19, 2018, 9:30 PM

Well considering the fact that I beat out Shaq Lawson(played RB in middle school) and Colton Korn who went on to play WR at CSU for offense MVP... I would say I was a very big reason our football team was good.. Basketball was another story, we had two of the best guards in the area my 7th grade year, 8th grade all we did is feed the ball to Shaq and our other big guy. They and this kid name Justin Dotson who went on to play at Stephen F. Austin led the way ... @NFLU

Jan 19, 2018, 9:39 PM

So where did you play your college ball at? You must have been a stud on the football field

Were you a part of the Daniel group that came through Clemson and went on to the NFL?!?!?

Jan 19, 2018, 10:51 PM

@NFLU no and no....

Starts in rec, then development really does begin at Edwards

Jan 19, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to What about RC Edwards Middle School? ]

I'm 41 years old; Six Mile and Cemtral Rec were always dominant. I played for Six Mile and it always went down to us and Central, then Cherokee County All-Stars in the playoffs was usually the end of the season for us. My Sophomore and Junior year of high school both D. W. Daniel and Gaffney were both in the Top 15 in the nation. I had moved to Gaffney in middle school and played at Granard (West) with those guys for 2 years, while I lived with my dad, then back the R.C. Edwards my freshman year. The Gaffney guys were devastated to loose to the 3 A school. Ha

But yeah, those Anderson (Westside amd BHP in rec/TL Hanna and BHP in high school) schools were no cake walk. However, the combo of Central and Six Mile was too skrong. Seneca was decent. Their teams were better before my days. The key is keeping the kids in football and not having them run amuck. The talent is always there.
That was where the past coach, Randy Robinson, for Daniel was successful. He was instrumental in doing that and how he ended up coaching Daniel.

Edwards/Daniel is Clemson, Central, and Six Mile combined.

Re: Starts in rec, then development really does begin at Edwards

Jan 19, 2018, 10:57 PM

Six mile rec had some good teams too during my time. Country strong boys. Central was always athletic and had big guys on their team(s) I remember hearing stories about a kid name "Nuk" that's when I first heard of him. Our coaches told us they have a kid on their team that can throw the ball 40 yards lol. That's nothing but as 10 year olds that was a lot of yards to us... Easley was pretty dammm good too! Abbeville was the team we never could beat in the Championships... We didn't play those Anderson teams until all star game came around.. @CUAllTheWay

Re: No more talent out of Daniel?

Jan 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

I believe that Jake’s younger brother also has an offer. I’ve heard that he could be better than Jake.

Jan 19, 2018, 3:31 PM

Well he couldn't be " Less than Jake " , right ?

That could get into a whole nother copyright mess and whatnot .

DB23

Jan 19, 2018, 12:53 PM

Where is Oglesby now?

Jan 19, 2018, 1:02 PM

He was at Memphis of course until he got into some trouble and got kicked off the team... He's now at a junior college ready to show the world what we have been missing next year. He used a RS this year...

Played sparingly for two years and then got dismissed for

Jan 19, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: No more talent out of Daniel? ]

an altercation with a teammate(also dismissed) that involved his car getting shot up.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2017/01/06/jaelon-oglesby-kam-prewitt-removed-memphis-football-team/96155784/

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Played sparingly for two years and then got dismissed for

Jan 19, 2018, 3:36 PM

" A physical altercation over video games .."
Mario Cart and Four Locos should never be in the same dorm room .

DB23

CU is getting better talent from

Jan 19, 2018, 1:31 PM

New Spring's flag football socials ... every Sunday afternoon at 4pm if interested ... brink a snack and your ATM card.

Re: CU is getting better talent from

Jan 19, 2018, 1:45 PM

I'd really like to say that's not funny...but...I simply can't!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There hasn't been any REAL talent out of Daniel since

Jan 19, 2018, 3:24 PM

Kent Lawrence was graduated.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boo, Kent went to Gawja, as Frank did not want skinny guys

Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 PM

even though Kent was the fastest player out of Daniel up to that time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whole nother story ?

Jan 19, 2018, 3:29 PM

" Hole Another "

DB23

Re: Whole nother story ?

Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 PM

Really dude ?? @Tigerdug23.... Doesn't matter how you say it/type it I'm gonna always say "whole nother" grammar police are the worse it's not even something to correct..

Jan 19, 2018, 7:18 PM

Well there is at least one more Venerable with an offer

And a couple more Swinneys still on the horizon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic