Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC reports $100 million year-to-year increase in revenue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,434

ACC reports $100 million year-to-year increase in revenue

Jun 2, 2016, 10:18 AM

http://www.independentmail.com/sports/college/clemson/ACC-reports--381188001.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC reports $100 million year-to-year increase in revenue

Jun 2, 2016, 10:41 AM

looks like almost 1/3 of this is Md's exit fee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford, $575k raise from 2013 to 2014 & $1mil since 2011

Jun 2, 2016, 10:46 AM

must be nice, and his family is probably raking it in to for him steering the ship towards Raycom.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems fair based on the amount revenue increased.***

Jun 2, 2016, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not when compared to other conference commissioners***

Jun 2, 2016, 2:29 PM

He's paid less than the SEC and BIG commisioners so I'm

Jun 2, 2016, 3:09 PM

thinking it's fair compensation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only recently

Jun 2, 2016, 3:11 PM

Slive and his successor got big raises when the SEC Network happened, but were paid fairly low before that. I think Slive's salary tripled over his last 2 or 3 years.

On behalf of the Clemson football, baseball, soccer, rugby..

Jun 2, 2016, 10:46 AM

Quote "You're welcome." I leave any out?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive?

Jun 2, 2016, 11:15 AM

All I read around here and all I hear from our friend at the SEC and Big 10 was that the ACC was done. We couldn't keep up because we didn't have our network.

So this is how it stacks up!?!:

SEC: $33.9 to $31.2 million each
Big Ten: $32.4 million to each of the 11 longest-standing members (no mention of how much Rutgers, Maryland and Nebraska made)
ACC: $27.6 to $24 million each (ND received $6.2 million)
PAC12: $25.1 million each
Big 12: $23.4 million each except for newbies WVU and TCU, who got a little more than $20 million each.

That's it? That's the huge discrepancy? WITHOUT an ACC network on TV?

null

1 chg id like to see is CFP team shouldnt take a bath while

Jun 2, 2016, 11:28 AM

another team in the conference who didnt qualify for a bowl and sits at home with their hand out gets rewarded with their equal share. ACC should make up the difference between CFP payout vs expenses, and then divide the money. By a team being in the playoff the ACC is getting added exposure and resume enhancements for contract negotiation time, on the backs of playoff team losing money.

Each team that goes to a bowl is reimbursed for

Jun 2, 2016, 1:43 PM

Their expenses for the bowl trip, the average payout is calculated after all the bowl expenses are paid. Clemson got reimbursement for their playoff expenses, I know some clemson websites wrote stories about the cost, but the university was able to file an expense report and get the money back

wrong, they get stipend for expenses which doesnt cover all

Jun 2, 2016, 1:50 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Money-Game-Did-Clemsons-trip-CFP-generate-financial-windfall-14673

"The big winner, obviously, is the conference. The losers – if you can call a school that makes the College Football Playoff a loser – are the schools, which operate under a system that rewards the conference." David Hood

Clemson knows ahead of time what they can expense and

Jun 2, 2016, 2:17 PM

what they can't so if they choose to take people on the trip who aren't covered then that is their choice.

A system that rewards the conferences? Without the conferences there would be no playoff or bowls neither are NCAA sancationed events. The 5 powerr conferences own the CFP and the ACC owns the Orange Bowl, Clemson would be in a world of hurt without membership in the ACC.

Re: 1 chg id like to see is CFP team shouldnt take a bath while

Jun 2, 2016, 2:53 PM [ in reply to 1 chg id like to see is CFP team shouldnt take a bath while ]

Kind of like the massive payout with ACC basketball of which Clemson got their fair share but didn't make the tournament. I think it washes out.. We do good in football and other ACC schools bring in money for bb

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

School expenses to go to the basketball tournament

Jun 2, 2016, 3:05 PM

are much less than for football. You're paying for travel for a lot less people and equipment, you don't have to arrange on-site practice facilities, etc.

Football is 80% of the TV contract

Jun 2, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: 1 chg id like to see is CFP team shouldnt take a bath while ]

Every other sport makes up the other 20.So it's not the same.

One note about that massive Basketball payout this last season, that's not included in this as the cut off was June 15.

Next year, with the built in raise from TV, Basketball and Clemson's playoff,we should be right in line with this year's payout.

Re: Football is 80% of the TV contract

Jun 2, 2016, 11:00 PM

I'm sorry I thought the ACC bob payout this year was like 60 mil must have gotten that wrong

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Highest ACC school is getting 88% of the lowest SEC school

Jun 2, 2016, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive? ]

and 81% of the highest

Lowest ACC school is getting 77% of the lowest SEC school and 71% of the highest

That's a pretty massive discrepancy if you ask me, and like someone else said, conference revenue should drop by $31.4 million next year, since that was a 1-time payment from Maryland, which probably means around $2 million less for each school next year.

Re: Highest ACC school is getting 88% of the lowest SEC school

Jun 2, 2016, 3:44 PM

all of us can thank swoffies for this!! he refuses to get the ACC T/V network going and refuses to put ND in ACC for everything.. got to protect his son and raycom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is the only thinking keeping ND from full membership

Jun 2, 2016, 5:14 PM

They have no desire to become football members as it is more lucrative to remain independent. The rest of the stuff you said about Swoffie is 100% correct, but he would jump all over ND wanting to become full members. He is not keeping them out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive?

Jun 2, 2016, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive? ]

Those numbers for the other conferences are 2 years old. The SEC usually announces their numbers after their conference meeting. So, the gap with the B1G and SEC is around 10-15 million. You also can only count the Maryland money once.

Re: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive?

Jun 2, 2016, 4:33 PM

You can't just throw out 10-15 million as fact with nothing to back it up. The SEC revenue was 527 million for the same fiscal year as the ACC report. That is right in line with the 33 million. Other posters are also right in the basketball revenue continues to grow for the ACC to decrease some of the gap. The biggest difference right now is the network but even that is only a 2-5 million jump which is behind but not far.

null

Your comment directly contradicts the story.

Jun 2, 2016, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive? ]

These are apples to apples numbers.

Sad for some that the sky isn't falling.

I'm not saying that there isn't a gap between conference pay outs...I'm saying it's not a big deal. It's not the $20 million per school that mean act like it is. And it's just conference payout...one of many revenue streams for Clemson.

We are fine.

null

Read the report again

Jun 2, 2016, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I thought we weren't competitive? ]

All numbers in this report are for the total revenue during fiscal year ending June 30, 2015,

Seems the ACC was the last to report.

Sweet**

Jun 2, 2016, 11:16 PM

nm

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,434
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic