Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For you dummies pulling against other ACC teams in bowls...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

For you dummies pulling against other ACC teams in bowls...

Dec 27, 2014, 10:42 PM

The perceived respective conference strengths can determine who makes the playoff, and who doesn't. Since there are so few regular season OOC games, the bowl season is the best chance for the conferences to improve their perceived strength, relative to each other.

You folks that don't generally pull for the other ACC teams in the bowls and regular season OOC games, are being very shortsighted. As long as the playoff is stupidly limited to four teams, down the road, maybe even next year, we could end up like Baylor this year, left out in the cold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, logic isn't typically welcomed here...

Dec 27, 2014, 10:44 PM

so prepare to get land-blasted.

But for what it's worth, I agree with you completely.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, there does seem to be much illogical thought..

Dec 27, 2014, 10:55 PM

on this board. But if I can get one more to think logically, it will be worth it! The way I look at it, if you hate UNC or FSU so much, pull for them to go 0-8 in the conference, but still pull for them to win OOC.

Now, if we can get to an eight team playoff, with each conference guaranteed a spot, then how the conference team perform OOC won't be quite so important, other than possibly getting an at-large team in. But with the stupid four team playoff, you are damm right I am pulling for the other conference teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just for the record....

Dec 27, 2014, 11:07 PM

If you think this Clemson fan (or the vast majority of Tiger fans, for that matter) is going to cheer for unc to win ANYTHING, you've made a serious error in judgement......

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does who I pull for affect who wins?? cool.

Dec 27, 2014, 11:09 PM

by the way, I will always want the coots to lose, even if it makes our SOS worse. F those pathetic coattail riding losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: does who I pull for affect who wins?? cool.

Dec 27, 2014, 11:12 PM

lol....rite thar withya

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be prepared to be called a dirtpecker for using logic

Dec 28, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately, logic isn't typically welcomed here... ]

Happens to me all the time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For you dummies pulling against other ACC teams in bowls...

Dec 27, 2014, 10:50 PM

No worries w Rad in our corner. (Sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2014, 10:57 PM

Radakovich (sp?) is probably a minor consideration so long as Swofford remains in power in Greensboro.

I laughed when I heard Rad say they left conference hats...

Dec 27, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: For you dummies pulling against other ACC teams in bowls... ]

at the door. Maybe he did, but the SEC & B!0 reps sure as heck didn't!

he was just happy GT was in the Orange Bowl.***

Dec 27, 2014, 11:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I ain't no dummy. I pull for ACC teams.

Dec 27, 2014, 11:13 PM

always looking out for clemson's best interest.

Dec 27, 2014, 11:37 PM

That is exactly why I now pull for all ACC teams. The way it stands now, a one loss ACC team will never see a play off spot.

It doesn't matter who we pull for, doesn't effect

Dec 27, 2014, 11:41 PM

the out come. So who cares whom anyone pulls for???

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you really wanna help get tickets to all ACC bowl games

Dec 28, 2014, 12:01 AM

Go there and cheer for them. Then pulling for them might make a .1% difference in how the game turns out.

So if UNC beat Rutgers and BC beat the kiddie rapers

Dec 28, 2014, 12:47 AM

the ACC would be world beaters? Only the big boy bowls matter. You gain respect by beating the big boys. UGA, OSU, the real USC, Notre Dame, OK State. ACC beat all them this year. That's what matters.

Not true. The talking heads who shape perceptions and

Dec 28, 2014, 1:07 AM

create self-fulfilling prophecies will use the overall ACC bowl record at every opportunity. As long as the committee watches football games on tv and reads about them anywhere, they too will be influenced by the propaganda.

I don't necessarily like our ACC mates, but I certainly pull for them to the extent it helps Clemson, even if it is in a small, indirect way. ACC teams winning bowl games is definitely one of those ways.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The talking heads will always favor the SEC and Big Ten

Dec 28, 2014, 1:19 AM

They have a stake in the game. The SEC because they own the SEC and the Big Ten because they play nothing but noon games and are always on ESPN. ACC is ESPN's whipping boy because of Swoffie, not because some teams lose meaningless bowls. People who know football know that the big boys in the ACC can compete with the big boys anywhere else, because they've seen it in recent years. Case in point, who is the best team the Big Ten beat OOC this year? I'll wait.

No one remotely good. That's why people who know football know that the Big Ten sucks.

But the B10 has a team in the playoff, and the B12 doesn't

Dec 28, 2014, 8:55 AM

And next year, it could be us on the outside, looking in. As things are now, it is all about building a "resume". And the other ACC teams winning, helps our resume.

Who you "pull" for has ZERO affect on the outcome of the

Dec 28, 2014, 1:15 AM

game. You do realize that don't you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who you "pull" for has ZERO affect on the outcome of the

Dec 28, 2014, 3:09 AM

Some of the above posters are complaining that those who don't pull for the ACC lack logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2014, 6:35 AM

LOL I prob have lost more logic than others have but nothing is going to change my view on who i pull for and who i dont. one team.....Clemson. dont care about he rest. conference pride is gay imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Who you "pull" for has ZERO affect on the outcome of the ]

Always with the logic!!!!!!!! lol

Dec 28, 2014, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Who you "pull" for has ZERO affect on the outcome of the ]

"effect"

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Really? Oh, silly me!!***

Dec 28, 2014, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Who you "pull" for has ZERO affect on the outcome of the ]

You tell 'em, cOOt

Dec 28, 2014, 7:19 AM

Conference Brethren are RIVALS. You should HATE your rivals. Thus, you should be gleeful to watch them fall down the stairs.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: You tell 'em, cOOt

Dec 28, 2014, 7:23 AM

I'm on your side Doc . The day I pull for a Tobacco Roadster or an FSU or a GT , they have replaced my brain with that of a Coot type fan , and I should wish that someone would mercifully end my suffering immediately.
Clemson wins 11-12 games on any year they will have a sound chance to win the whole shooting match ...or at least be in an upper tier bowl .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You are A Clemson Fan, not an ACC Fan

Dec 28, 2014, 9:35 AM

-Dr. Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Look at what happened to FSU this year

Dec 28, 2014, 9:47 AM

The ACC is still unjustly viewed as weak. This is why FSU kept moving down the polls despite starting the season at #1 and winning out. We have a legitimate shot at a title next year, but if the ACC is still being slandered and looked down upon, we could go undefeated and be left out.

That being said, the only time I will pull for FSU or UNC

Dec 28, 2014, 9:48 AM

is if they are playing the infernal dirtpeckers.

Would it impact the outcomes either way. Really.***

Dec 28, 2014, 8:31 AM

well, it's big enough to affect the tides, but i'm not sure

Dec 28, 2014, 9:14 AM

i can sway the outcome of a college football game.

good talk russ.

Dec 28, 2014, 9:42 AM

so is the sec doing it right or wrong for pulling for their teams to win when playing teams out of conference?

When you struggle to finish higher than 5th

Dec 28, 2014, 9:48 AM

..and most recently fell back to the same crappy team you've always been, in one of the worst divisions in college football, then of course you're going to vicariously cling to any accomplishment of your conference.

Must be doing it right, because all the media kisses up ..***

Dec 28, 2014, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: For you dummies pulling against other ACC teams in bowls... ]

I'm trying to find out how who i pull for

Dec 28, 2014, 9:13 PM

influences the game results

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic