Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will have a better year Feaster, Bryant or Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,440

Who will have a better year Feaster, Bryant or Johnson

Jul 29, 2019, 5:30 PM

Who will have the better year this year ?

Tavien Feaster at USC

Kelly Bryant at University at Missouri

Hunter Johnson at Northwestern

My money is on Hunter because he had the best attitude when he left. What do others think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who will have a better year Feaster, Bryant or Johnson

Jul 29, 2019, 5:32 PM

Kelly Bryant
Hunter Johnson

Tavien Feaster

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 29, 2019, 5:33 PM

HJ and nothing to do with his attitude or the way I look at him on how he left but completely due to him being the most talented with the most favorable schedule to face.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:33 PM

Hunter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 5:34 PM

HJ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

then your money is easy

Jul 29, 2019, 5:36 PM

depends on the team around them.

I havnt kept up with NOrthwestern.. their offense seems to support a gunglsinger.
Scar has some peices.. if their OLine is avg, Feaster may do well.

MIssouri is just bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 29, 2019, 5:37 PM

Johnson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 5:40 PM

I don't think attitude has anything to do with it. Based on their situations and ability, Hunter Johnson is an easy pick for me.

I really want KB to do well in the SEC because I don't like the conference.

Jul 29, 2019, 6:02 PM

This isn't even a question for me.

Feaster is going to a team with a bad offensive line last year that lost its best player (Daley). He has to face 7 teams that were in the top 50 in rushing defense last year. He also will only have a couple weeks with the playbook before the start of the season, and I'm not convinced he's necessarily more talented than Dowdle (who averaged just slightly less than Feaster, despite being the premier back for his team and playing that tough schedule with a bad offensive line).

Hunter Johnson is going to Northwestern, and has had a year learning with them while he sat out. He's also incredibly talented. I really, really wanted Dabo to play him instead of Bryant in 2017, because I knew Bryant was incapable of beating teams like Alabama, who are only vulnerable to the deep pass. He's also a better leader than the other two. He does have a tough schedule, playing Stanford, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State (and Iowa are not pushovers). That schedule is probably tougher than Missouri's, who plays Georgia and Florida but that's about it. However, I have thought that Hunter was better than Bryant since he stepped onto Clemson's campus, and he has a better coach. I'll give him the nod.

Jul 29, 2019, 6:09 PM

Hunter by far. Great guy, great mentality, great QB. Good luck Hunter!

Johnson, Bryant, Feaster***

Jul 29, 2019, 6:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 6:22 PM

I'm gonna go with Feaster.

First, let me say that I was always a Feaster fan and he has always been cordial and gone out of his way to chat with myself and my son on the few occasions we got to chat with him. That said, as much as I hate to feel this way, I have decided that I can not/will not pull for him going forward, but that has no bearing on how things may turn out for him. I trust our coaching staff and something must have been off besides just Feaster's slow progression at pass protection.

I'm unaware of what it is/was but there must be something we don't know. Feaster still holds the SC state HS record in both the 100M and 200M and in 2016 when he broke both his own records he had the 2nd fastest HS time in the nation for the 100M. He is fast and has a ton of untapped ability catching out of the backfield; where he was very under utilized with the Tigers.

Personally, I think the fact that he wanted the #28 and Dabo went as far as to ask Spiller about it and get him to agree to reactivate the number in order to recruit Feaster, certainly went under appreciated by Feaster. Couple that with him going to the in state rival and taking the #4, says a lot about how he really feels about what transpired for him to wear 28. I realize that he is trying to make the pros and so on and so forth, but as others have mentioned, the ties he cut at Clemson will likely cost him more in the long term than whatever his pro career turns out to be or not be.

Regardless of all of that, I do believe he could rush for over 800 yards this year and post over 300 yards receiving. I no longer wish that for the guy, but I believe he will play harder and do more to attempt to show our staff, they may have been wrong. The kid is good, real good and something kept him off the field besides ETN and besides just his inferior pass blocking. Just my two cents worth but it would not surprise me if he excels behind a mediocre O-line and playing one of the toughest schedules in college football.

Jul 29, 2019, 6:43 PM

Feaster won’t do much at junior. He was a good pass blocker, very good receiver out the backfield, and average at best runner. Add to that he’s going to a crap offense with no WR threat, poor OL play, and no depth at RB behind him. I honestly hope he has a healthy year but is terrible on the field. He went to a rival and I want them to be terrible.

KB, credit him he realized he left on bad terms and acted like an adult and made corrections. I hope he does well. Not sure the talent around him but I do know they have a very good TE which should help him. Plus he’s a leader and a winner so maybe he has a good year.

HJ, I’ll be following closely and is my favorite of the 3. Northwestern played well last year and HJ is supremely gifted. I hope they win the Big 10 and if not I hope they get paired with UofSC in a bowl where they embarrass them Virginia style.

Hunter.***

Jul 29, 2019, 7:04 PM

What about Shaq?***

Jul 29, 2019, 7:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,440
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic