Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who started this the sky is falling the earth is warming BS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Who started this the sky is falling the earth is warming BS

Sep 17, 2020, 5:05 PM

I first remember the term Global warming from Al Gore. Anyone else got someone?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Inconvenient_Truth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who started this the sky is falling the earth is warming BS

Sep 17, 2020, 5:06 PM

The earth has been warming since the last Ice Age.

Whoa, is that true? This is amazing.***

Sep 17, 2020, 5:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I thought you read about it in The Bible.

Sep 17, 2020, 5:13 PM

No?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 5:39 PM

I think it was Al Gore. About the same time he invented the internet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 5:43 PM

There you go he invented the internet and brought the global warm alarm about the same time. I hope God would not waste him time on someone like Al Gore but you never know. He has help me turn my life around maybe he can do the same for you.

Wasted his time on you, apparently... but you never know.***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Who started this the sky is falling the earth is warming BS ]

Seems by the timing of Gore's creation of the internet and identifying global warming, it may be that the internet is causing global warming. Too much sitting around on the internet, eating to much, passing gas, crapping and creating methane which has been dubbed as one of the causes of the hole in the ozone layer.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that how Earth was created?

Sep 17, 2020, 5:42 PM

@science

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't that how Earth was created?

Sep 17, 2020, 5:49 PM

Did al Gore create science too? I guess him flying around on his personal jet and heating-cooling his 20,000 Sq. Ft home is helping lower CO2 emissions. He also invented the veggie burger.

Those idiots in California started this mess

Sep 17, 2020, 5:48 PM

One would think they could figure out they need to put their fires out and the temp would go back down a bit. Dang them California fire bugs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Those idiots in California started this mess

Sep 17, 2020, 5:52 PM

I remember when those tree hugger first came out now all that dead under brush and dead trees are about to burn California down. Who knew we were saving the environment. Maybe just maybe old mother earth can take care of herself.

It was the same 'scientist,' who started the...

Sep 17, 2020, 5:54 PM

'Global cooling/new ice age,' bullchit 50 years ago. When the temps changed general direction so did they. It's as if the road to self importance and total control was blocked so they took the long way to get there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was the same 'scientist,' who started the...

Sep 17, 2020, 6:12 PM

I like his stick people in the chart below.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:14 PM

He calls someone an idiot then put up a elementary school chart nice.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:18 PM [ in reply to It was the same 'scientist,' who started the... ]

Some scientist are saying the earth might go through a small Ice age in 2026. So they don't know but Mr. elementary Chart has it all figured out. Al Gore told him so.

Here you go, idiot.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:00 PM

Seriously, anyone who says it's BS, is a moron. Argue how much man has affected is a different story, but even looking at the graph below, the rate of change (ignore the projected, you're dumb enough to comment on that being BS) is quite alarming.

Politicizing science like you're trying to do is pure idiocy. Politicizing how to deal with climate change or attempting to mitigate it, sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I like your graph so cool.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:11 PM

No as I stated the earth is warming as part of a natural process. Our impact on this process is minimal @ best. Cool chart tho. It kind looks like someone in the sixth grade made it.

You can check the sources that are in there, it's accurate.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:21 PM

Also if you're not familiar with the xkcd, I can understand, given your intelligence level here.

Curious as to what your explanation of the rate of change difference is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can check the sources that are in there, it's accurate.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:27 PM

The end of the world? Maybe solar flares? You do know a study came out a year or so ago that the earth has not warmed as much the last 50 yrs as it did the previous 50 yrs. I guess that does not fit into your assumption of the sky is falling.

Link to the study?

Sep 18, 2020, 8:27 AM

I don't have an assumption the sky is falling...nice try though.

Re: Link to the study?

Sep 18, 2020, 9:21 AM

You know how studies are the people funding the study want their out come to fit their narrative.
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/global-warming-who-are-the-deniers-now/

Sep 18, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Link to the study? ]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425775/Climate-scientists-told-cover-fact-Earths-temperature-risen-15-years.html

Sep 18, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Link to the study? ]

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/did-global-warming-stop-1998

Re: Here you go, idiot.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Here you go, idiot. ]

This graph is in your holster. Lol.

This is at least the 10th time you have posted. All good but hilarious that you have it at the ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, maybe like 4th, and it's the first result when you

Sep 18, 2020, 8:25 AM

google: xkcd climate change.

Really amazing how that works, isn't it? HILARIOUS actually.

Sep 17, 2020, 6:19 PM

Climate change will lead to massive migrations of people, refugee crisis, and competition over natural resources like water. India is ground zero, the brightest minds see potential Nuclear Conflict between India and Pakistan in our lifetimes.. this should worry you biggly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No comment.

People who want big Gov’t
People who want to control what you do
People who want to believe they are smarter than you
People who claim to follow science but do not understand it and do not have a technical degree

Or a shorter way of saying it: liberals

Sep 17, 2020, 6:23 PM

That is about the size of it. They are good in English tho.

dumpasaurus rex***

Sep 17, 2020, 7:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 7:36 PM

Al Gore is a hypocrite but climate change is real.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:58 PM

I agree the Climate has been changing since the earth was formed. I never said it was not changing or that it is not warming but the fact is the earth has change in temp. less the last 50 yrs than 50 yrs before then. That is a fact most the sky is falling people forget to add or don't even know. There is no proof that it is from CO2 and not methane. Maybe another world war would cut down on the methane. It might be we have to many people on earth. If we try the green new deal it will make us a third world country and china will laugh all the way to the bank. They are not going to change and they are the biggest polluter in the world. You tell me what will work the green new deal will not work.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic