Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who knew the chickens had academics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Who knew the chickens had academics

Feb 11, 2014, 2:02 PM

Supposedly SCAR has had 8 year run of top academics in the SEC. Who knew

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/02/11/538369/gamecocks-no-1-again-on-sec-fall.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well coot, those numbers are skewed since South Carolina

Feb 11, 2014, 2:06 PM

is reporting 4 sports while most of the others are only reporting 3...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not to mention, it's just getting a 3.0 in their major, it

Feb 11, 2014, 2:08 PM

has no representation of the school's academics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Also, USC offers "+" grades, which inflates GPAs

Feb 14, 2014, 2:40 PM

You can get an A worth 4.0, B+ worth 3.5, B worth 3.0, and so forth down the line. Definitely inflates GPAs to have the in-between grades.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who knew the chickens had academics

I am sure all of the "3.0" scholars at SCar would have 4.0 at Vandy right?

null

And apparently truckstop bathrooms have WiFi***

This is a "who has the easiest classes" list***

Feb 11, 2014, 2:09 PM

Please provide info on how a 3.0 at USuCk compares to a

Feb 11, 2014, 2:13 PM

3.0 at Vandy. TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

...or Florida***

Feb 11, 2014, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes--UNC reported high GPA's too---whoops!***

Feb 14, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Please provide info on how a 3.0 at USuCk compares to a ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2014, 2:19 PM

ATHENS, Ga. - The 38 University of Georgia football student-athletes named Thursday to the 2013 Fall Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll ranks first among all SEC schools. The Bulldogs also totaled 58 fall sports student-athletes named to the list, which ranks third best in the league.

Georgia was followed in the football rankings by Tennessee (34), Vanderbilt (32), Florida (29), Alabama (28), Arkansas (28), Missouri (26), South Carolina (25), Ole Miss (24), Kentucky (23), Auburn (22), Mississippi State (18), Texas A&M (14) and LSU (8).

The top five among all fall sport student-athletes included South Carolina (66), Kentucky (59), Georgia (58), Vanderbilt (54), and Florida (53). However, South Carolina and Kentucky both have a fourth fall sport--men's soccer. Georgia would rank first among all SEC schools sponsoring the three sports of football, volleyball, and women's soccer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tallest midget but nice try

Feb 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

You have people with Master degrees from South Carolina that still cant get into Vandy

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey supercross...

Feb 11, 2014, 2:33 PM

Whose ur favorite rider? James stewart? Villipoto? Reed? Dungy? I pull for stewart even tho many don't like him.

Lol...even if the numbers WERE comparing apples to apples...

Feb 11, 2014, 2:36 PM

implying that usuck is somehow a better academic institutio than, say, Vandy or UFla, is just ludicrous.

Anyhow, having the top academic scores for athletes in the SEC is sort of like being the tallest combatant in midget wrestling

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2014, 3:42 PM

SupercrossCU needs to get a life. As a retired school administrator, I continue to have the opportunity to spend time and talk with seniors from many of the high schools in the Greenville area. I always encourage all students regardless of their college selection. I often ask why they chose certain colleges. With many of my friends who care to talk "college", I often ask why didn't you apply at Clemson (just curious). Their comment is, "most of the time," I did apply to Clemson but was not accepted or couldn't get in!!!? Regardless of their college choice, I always wish them well and much success. My point is that so many students go to South Carolina because they are denied admission to Clemson (even though they are intelligent young people). I am not sure of admission requirements at either school, but Clemson seems to be higher at least in the eyes of students.

the University of Second Choice.

Feb 11, 2014, 6:31 PM

That's considering just the state of SoCar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Supercross, you have to be sharper than that. These

Feb 14, 2014, 2:29 PM

guys will cut you to ribbons.

Feb 14, 2014, 2:39 PM

You are a Gamecock fan and are fooling no one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic