Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is the halftime show in the championship game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,583

Who is the halftime show in the championship game?

Jan 6, 2020, 2:05 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think Trump is holding a rally or something.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:08 PM

That's why so many people are boycotting the game. Gonna be tons of empty seats.

Re: I think Trump is holding a rally or something.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:12 PM

I heard LSU fans had bought up 97% of the tickets....guess they’re all Pubs, huh?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know who the pregame performer is...

Jan 6, 2020, 2:15 PM

and who will be performing the national anthem, but I haven't heard anything about the halftime show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Who is the halftime show in the championship game?

Jan 6, 2020, 2:15 PM

Maybe they’ll do it like last year and the “halftime show” will be somewhere else, like Bourbon St, and we don’t have to watch it.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:16 PM

I'm showing the halftime show as the Clemson University Tiger Band and the
Louisiana State University Tiger Marching Band.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:18 PM

Some new up and coming rapper "Lil Dribblz". He's got some new mumble rap song "Xanax makes me Zzz"

The halftime entertainment is always the schools bands...

Jan 6, 2020, 2:20 PM

The NC may have a famous singer for the national anthem, but they never have a big act for halftime. That’s left to the school bands as it should be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The halftime entertainment is always the schools bands...

Jan 6, 2020, 2:32 PM

Not correct...Imagine Dragons w/ Lil Wayne was the HT show last year....Kendrick Lamar was the year before...

Re: The halftime entertainment is always the schools bands...

Jan 6, 2020, 2:37 PM

They weren’t in the stadium though...,the bands played in stadium I assume. I wasn’t at the game last year, but I was in Phoenix and Tampa, and only the bands played there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:28 PM

no holds barred dueling tiger rag by both bands. Last piccolo standing wins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:30 PM

I remember Peter Frampton was the half time show at one of the games I attended but I can’t remember which. Maybe Tampa. Great show just to short.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:34 PM

You may be remembering John Fogerty at our semifinal game in Miami against OK....That was an epic performance of his great catalogue of songs.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:55 PM

That is exactly right. That’s who it was.

Jan 6, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is the halftime show in the championship game? ]

pigtailedtigerpiccolo would own it.

There's something in these hills.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:34 PM

Tim McGraw

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2019/11/20/2020nola-talent-lineup.aspx

NEW ORLEANS – The College Football Playoff (CFP) today announced a lineup of multi-platinum national recording artists that will perform at AT&T Playoff Playlist Live! (January 11-12) and the Capital One Stage at Allstate Championship Tailgate Plaza (January 13). The free concerts will take place in New Orleans' Woldenberg Park leading up to the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship, set for Monday, January 13, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

All told, the announced acts have sold nearly 120 million records worldwide and represent eclectic musical influences, including pop, rap, R&B, rock, country and New Orleans-inspired jazz. For the first time in the six-year history of the College Football Playoff National Championship, three of the weekend's musical acts hail from the host region. Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue are set to take the stage at AT&T Playoff Playlist Live!, Tim McGraw will headline the Capital One Stage at Allstate Championship Plaza, and Lauren Daigle will perform the national anthem prior to kickoff of the national championship game.

The fun starts on Saturday, January 11, with the opening of Allstate Championship Tailgate Plaza, the gathering place for fans who want to experience extreme tailgating throughout the College Football Playoff National Championship weekend. Located at Jax Brewery Lot/Woldenberg Park, the location will also serve as ESPN's New Orleans home for its live broadcasts.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:39 PM

I don't care what aholes want to try and make me believe but if isn't at the stadium, it's not a halftime show.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:42 PM

Depends how you are watching the game...those at the game, it wouldn't be (that'll be the bands)...those at home watching on TV, they will air Tim McGraw live during half time.

Jan 6, 2020, 2:46 PM

I guess then we should define the difference between a made for TV halftime vs the real halftime for those who attend the game.

Jan 6, 2020, 3:08 PM

"Truck Yeah", you probably should.

Halftime at game = college bands
Halftime for TV watchers = Tim McGraw headlines ft Judah & the Lion

Jan 6, 2020, 3:14 PM

I’m not sure what you mean by “truck yeah”, but I’m in agreement with the earlier poster who stated that if the musicians aren’t playing in the stadium, then it can’t be considered a true halftime show.

Have you ever seen the super bowl televise their halftime show from an off site location? If the band ain’t playing on the same turf as the teams it isn’t a true half time show. It’s just a made for TV event that coincides with the halftime of the game.

Jan 6, 2020, 4:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf7GfUORHtw

Jan 6, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is the halftime show in the championship game? ]

The thing for me is, similar to your question...."have you ever seen a CFP with a performance during HT of a performer and not just the bands"?? The question IMO is unneeded if you are wanting to know what's being played in the stadium....there is never a performer in the stadium. SO if you wonder "who is doing halftime", answer is always the bands...unless you are asking who the performer is that the CFP is considering the celebrity halftime performance show (which is always off site, no matter the game site). So when I see someone ask "who is the halftime show", I'd normally assume they are asking the one that would change year to year (a celebrity performer) and not the marching bands playing at the game halftime.

Jan 6, 2020, 3:43 PM

I heard Coach O is gonna rap

Jan 6, 2020, 3:46 PM

Me

Cutting a demo tape at the local Karaoke bar later this week.

Gonna over night it to Ed who will pass it on to an LSU admin that has a brother in law working at the Super Dome.

They are gonna cut it into the sound system just after the bands.

you are welcome in advance....

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,583
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic