Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is more delusional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,926

Who is more delusional

Feb 9, 2015, 8:11 AM

We, the Clemson faithful, that believe our future is looking extremely bright or the coots that believe they actually are superior in every way to Clemson? Honestly, I am more convinced than ever that the coot program was a house of cards and it all started tumbling down last year and it has and will continue. I will not dispute the fact that Slurrier has been a great coach but all good things must and do come to an end and so it is with the old ball sack. They are desperately clinging to the hope that the OBS can still perform miracles and revive this pathetic excuse for a program. So, it's clear to anyone that is willing to look at things realistically, the coots are delusional and will never accept that Dabo has this program at the very least, headed in the right direction and not spiraling downward. I'd much rather drink the "orange koolaid" than to have my drunk of a coach pizzing on my leg and tell me it's all of those tears of joy at what they have accomplished in their "golden age " of coot football.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is more delusional

Feb 9, 2015, 8:19 AM

I said it earlier. All it took was 60 minutes of football for Clemson to erase five years of coot existence. They are now a lost cause. Everyone in their conference except arkansas, vandy and kentucky are out recruiting them. CLemson is out recruiting them. They are turning to juco's to fill gaps. Lost cause.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:25 AM

That will change, too. I would expect Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt all will improve. Coots? One more dismal year, and the dumpster fire will be completely out of control. Can spurlid get them back on track? Probably, but does he still have enough fire in his belly to want that at that place? Doubtful!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Who is more delusional ]

I read your post and you are right....60 glorious minutes to erase an entire 5 years of all they had to call success. It's actually pitiful if you think about it but let's don't....LOL! From #9 preseason to 9 decootments, what a proud heritage!

Feb 9, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Who is more delusional ]

Exactly...Dabo is "building" a program that will remain legitimate for years to come, and a program founded off more than an old washed up coach and a few hopeless aspirations. In a world that's ever-evolving, and times worse than ever, why wouldn't you want the kid you've poured your heart and soul into for 18 years to be given a free, top-notch education at Clemson University, while being trained to become a man of character, integrity and faith by Dabo Swinney, and one of the best staffs in CFB? He's developed a staff that is not only passionate about winning, but equally as passionate about developing young men, and it shows. Our staff has a recruiting structure in place where it recruits elite, but coachable kids. We bring in instant impact players that we know may only hang around for 3 years, then we sprinkle in those developmental players that every one else missed out on, but become Vic Beasleys, Grady Jarretts or Spencer Shueys. When you add in all the elements you get a culture that is Clemson...a close knit family, a home away from home, where together everyone strives to accomplish their dreams. That's what makes us unlike ANY other program in the country. $CU and the old ball sack shouldn't even be worth the mention. A few great players and a well-known coach got them a few of the best years in their pathetic existence, but still equates to...nothing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:28 AM

Simple answer is, they are. Some things never change. Like the year Lou won the 1st game of the year, and coots saw a NC in their future. The year ended at 1-10. The next year for them, 0-12. They are delusion personified.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:32 AM

Arkansas is on a definite upswing.

They will be tough to beat next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Who is more delusional ]

You are so right, I remember when they went 0-21, finally beat New Mexico State and tore down the freaking Goal Posts! Now, that's what I call and rich and storied football heritage! No wonder they are the way they are, they have no past experience with sustained success.....they can't act "like they've been there" because they haven't. Just coots being coots!

SC never expanded their brand during their run

Feb 9, 2015, 8:46 AM

They got extremely fortunate in that their best years coincided with some of the best talent that the state of SC has ever produced. But they didn't leverage that into new recruiting grounds. They still rarely go west of Atlanta or even into south Georgia. At one point they had a pipeline into New Jersey/Philly talent (of course that was due to some NCAA violations) but they didn't continue that even after the infrastructure was built. Because Spurrier is basically a lazy recruiter, they missed their chance to strike while the iron was hot.

Spurrier has always been a lazy recruiter....

Feb 9, 2015, 9:03 AM

The only time he has really managed to attract top talent to $CU was when it either literally fell into his lap or local $CU boosters gave illegal inducements like jobs to the paremnts of recruits in order to secure a commitment to $CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 9, 2015, 8:47 AM

People who wear garnet and black for any reason.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One has top5 recruiting and one is focusing on equestrian.

Feb 9, 2015, 8:52 AM

You tell me which is out of touch.

Feb 9, 2015, 8:52 AM

I view USUC's success looking like a Bell curve, and their winning ways are behind them. They are on the point that the 80% of their wins are behind them and they have 10% remaining. The coots are in for a horrific eye-opening experience when they start losing so many games in a row. They might honestly have difficulty making it to bowl games over the next few years as spurrear hangs on.

Feb 9, 2015, 9:49 AM

I agree with you on about all points but, I believe that OBS is going to give this coming season his utmost attention in having his last season in cooterville as a successful season. It is IMO this season will be OBS last season on the side lines as a HC. He is done at usuc, and he would like to depart SC with a winning season. But he also knows that everybody in college sports will give him honorable recognition and a free pass on his coaching career because of where he was coaching when he retired. He will be recognized as the winningest coach ever at the university of South Carolina at the very end of his coaching career. That alone will be almost as big as winning championships at Florida. He won more bowl games there than any coach in their history, he finished a season with a top 4 ranking, he beat their in state rival Clemson 5 straight years, first time ever in school history. Coaching at USUC will be a plus on his coaching career if he doesn't stick around any longer trying to win something that's unwinnable at USUC, and that's the college FB National Championship!!! This is his last year at usuc, bet the farm on that. But he was the best coach ever in the history of the usuc FB program. When he retires after this season, the fan base will beat him down with their same hate they had for Steve before he became their coach. I don't see them bringing in there another coach like Spurrier in my life time. Not an up and coming young coach, nor another from the cusp of the retirement home as their last two were. Stick a fork in those coots, they are done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say dsp followed closely behind by gwp . . .

Feb 9, 2015, 9:52 AM

a little TOO closely, if you know what I mean.

So close it makes lbu giddy . . .

Ive already said too much.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic