Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who in here has their Real ID drivers license?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Who in here has their Real ID drivers license?

Mar 3, 2020, 7:45 AM

Law requires you to have it by October 1, 2020 to board a plane or enter a Federal Building.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who in here has their Real ID drivers license?

Mar 3, 2020, 7:47 AM

I use my passport for those activities

Got it last July. It’s just a money maker because all you need is the same

Mar 3, 2020, 7:47 AM

Information you had to give them when you got your first drivers license. They’re just banking on people to have lost their birth certificate and/or ss cards and have to spend $20 to get those. It’s a useless hassle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it's because they are scanning and keeping it now

Mar 4, 2020, 9:20 AM

When I got my license in 1984 I am not sure they knew what a scanner was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me

Mar 3, 2020, 7:50 AM

I still have a "fake ID" apparently.

not fake, just can't fly or get on military bases after oct

Mar 3, 2020, 7:53 AM

It used to be a pain for me to get on Fort Bragg. Now I walk up put my DL in a Kiosk and get a 3 month pass. This is with my old ID

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 7:50 AM

Got mine online. DMV put me and Mrs. TH76 through the ringer when we moved back to SC, so they already had the info they needed.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

me got it about a month ago***

Mar 3, 2020, 7:51 AM

Got mine when I switched my DL to TX

Mar 3, 2020, 7:52 AM

Wasn't much of a hassle. set up an appointment and I had it the day I moved here.

Mar 3, 2020, 8:02 AM

My whole family has had ours for about 6 months. There was no hassle at all getting it. Just have all the information they need when you go to the DMV. They will have you out in about 30 minutes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Mar 3, 2020, 8:02 AM

Got mine the end of last year. Just used it to enter a national lab in Golden, CO. The guard made a comment that it made it easier for them to clear me onto the property...

I do...

Mar 3, 2020, 8:11 AM

I travel/fly quite a bit for work so I got it a few months ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Got it. Just bring your info, not a big deal.

Mar 3, 2020, 8:23 AM

Unless, of course you run into....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 8:37 AM

no, just gonna use my passport

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 8:39 AM

Practically everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 9:45 AM

Actually about 100 million Americans do not have it yet.

Mar 3, 2020, 7:18 PM

Found me. Ouch. Wife has hers, but did it online. For me, I have to go to the DMV. I no longer have to wear eye wear, so I have to re-take the eye test. Two weeks after retirement, my eyesight suddenly became almost 20/20, having worn glasses/contacts for 46 years. Weird huh? I need to go soon though. My license says I must have glasses, so I don't want the hassle that I might get if I'm ever stopped.

I got a passport..... ***

Mar 3, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 9:26 AM

Got mine last year in Vermont were I live. We are not far from Montreal and I figured if I let the passport lapse I would have the drivers license. Short story --while waiting in line someone commented that they really like my hat ( orange with paw )-"I would get my picture take with that". MY response was "well thank you--I don't think they will let me" --"do you know about it" ? His response," No ,but it is a great looking dog paw." I corrected him of course..but leads me to the point..wish someone would design a hat with a paw and Clemson U in an arc above it..in a more vintage style. Hope everyone has a good day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 6:01 PM

Leave no doubt. All in

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 10:08 AM

Law requires you to have it by October 1, 2020 to board a plane or enter a Federal Building.

I have it.
Took about 5 minutes to get it after waiting 2 hours in line!!! Government at work!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 5:58 PM

My passport card works just fine and dandy with the TSA. I'm holding out on getting a new SC driver's license since the DMV isn't prorating the cost based on the actual expiration date.

i went ahead and got it. I fly a good bit for work***

Mar 3, 2020, 6:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 7:09 PM

My DL expired last year anyway, so I went ahead & got mine. Your best bet is to get there by 9 am (but double check- some branches open later one day a week). The ladies at the front of the Greenville DMV will check all your documents before you go to the waiting area, so you've only lost about 10 minutes if you don't have every shred of ID you need. Note to married women, you will need your marriage license if your name on your birth certificate doesn't match your SS card. And they want your SS card in your married name, even though the instructions say "your original card."

One interesting note: I asked my eye doctor if I would have to wear my glasses, and learned that they waived the eye exam for the first two years of Real ID so as to make up some of the time spent reviewing all the additional documents. So if you can barely see to drive this is when you want to go (but warn the rest of us if this applies to you!)

Mar 4, 2020, 9:05 AM

I got mine a few months ago. No problem; just took everything to DMV and was done in a few minutes. My wife, on the other hand, had a nightmare. She dropped her first name on her drivers license and on her Social Security card when we married. BIG MISTAKE, but this same government that is requiring the TrueID allowed it back then! Anyway, the DMV told us we had to go to Social Security and have this “mistake” corrected. Probably took two months to get everything straight since it ripples through EVERYTHING: bank accounts, retirement accounts, insurance, etc.
Her twin sister had same issue and chose to go through Passport route. Big mistake! Took even more work to get it done.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Who in here has their Real ID drivers license? ]

Yes, thought they did away with the eye exam in SC but were bringing it back and delayed it because of the rush to get the realID. No exam when I got mine last year but had to renew anyway on my b-day.

Mar 4, 2020, 2:29 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Just went and took care of it today.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic