Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who hear would recommend Christian Wilkins stay?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Who hear would recommend Christian Wilkins stay?

Jan 10, 2018, 4:47 PM

I for one wouldn’t, think he’s best served by going pro. But that being said, he’s obviously his own man and I know there are some reasons to say. I for sure won’t be upset if he stays. This is a guy I wish could play for 6 years. Can’t wait to hear your decision CW, I’ll be excited for you either way. And selfishly I’d love you to be here another year to pass on the culture to the younguns

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd get a free Master's Degree.

Jan 10, 2018, 4:48 PM

Not that money will matter after his 10+ years in the NFL. He also gets to play 1 final season with his 3 best friends and fellow Rangers. Friendship >> any amount of money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Who hear would recommend Christian Wilkins stay?

Jan 10, 2018, 4:48 PM

Looking at what the draft is looking like I would say he is a tweener. With the QBs projected to go highly it'll push back DT's. Not to mention this DT class is filthy loaded as well.

If he goes he will get drafted and make a team, if he stays he will most likely get drafted higher and get a bigger signing bonus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 4:49 PM

Nothing would make me more happy than to have C-Dub come back but I think he really needs to go. I truly admire his sense of brotherhood and loyalty to the program and his brothers, but he is leaving MILLIONS on the table. Some people are just wired differently than me or us, lol. Like Deon and Ray Ray, its his decision and I KNOW hes got our support either way.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 10, 2018, 4:52 PM

Like every other draft eligible player, I would recommend that he makes the decision he feels is best for him. Either way if he wants to leave early or get a masters he'll be in good shape. I'll never fault someone for doing something they think is best for themselves and their family.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

His choice... With that said, I would love for him to return.

Hail Yes!***

Jan 10, 2018, 4:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I would recommend he goes

Jan 10, 2018, 4:54 PM

But pray he stays

Jan 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Well I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it but like you said he is his own man and will make his own decision. I certainly, for purely selfish reasons, hope he does along with Bryant and Ferrell.

Jan 10, 2018, 5:13 PM

He has a 10-15+ year career in the NFL waiting for him but this is his last opportunity to line up alongside his brothers and represent this university. Once it's gone, you can never get it back. He has an opportunity to go down as one of the greatest Tigers ever with this move and carve out a spot for himself in the Ring of Honor... oh, and win another natty.

Jan 10, 2018, 5:17 PM

100% I would tell him to come back based on his goals for coming to Clemson.

If he wants to be a 1st round draft pick he needs to come back another year, I can't remember a previous year where there legitimately could be 6-7 QB's taken in the first round. Gets to play an additional year with his brothers here and make history. You heard it the article that was posted on here, to people outside of Clemson our National Championship was a fluke because of a once in a lifetime QB. UGA is the only one to threaten Bama's dynasty, etc. Come back, make another run, be a part of the most dominant defensive line in college football history, make another run, and set the standard that there really is something special in these hills that money can't buy.

Jan 10, 2018, 10:10 PM

#### I weigh 107 and you had me ready to line up for the D lol

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

If he's a lock in the first round, then yes go...but if

Jan 10, 2018, 5:22 PM

not I think there's some reason to stay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with DL not being as big a need in this draft

Jan 10, 2018, 5:24 PM

He stands to gain more by coming back. He’s not going in the first round, even if he’s a first round caliber player. They all need to come back, finish the job, and all go in the first 15 picks in next years draft..

Message was edited by: Clawing17

Jan 10, 2018, 5:26 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if all 3 feel similar to Hyatt "unfinishef work on the field". CW seemed very disappointed in interviews that "as the leader of the team" they lost the way they did.

I don’t know the legalities I’d it but hope he takes out an insurance policy if he does stay.

Jan 10, 2018, 5:30 PM

Then I think it’s a better idea. Just hope this young man is successful for a long time. He is special but then that’s likely paternalistic of me. I truly think CW is one that can be successful at whatever he is passionate about.

One of my favorite players - wish him the best

Jan 10, 2018, 10:00 PM

whatever he decides

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 10:05 PM

Selfishly hope he has unfinished business also, plus would love to see him shut up that Bama player that ran his mouth before and after the game. I know his education is something he really takes serious so he may come back for that, or make millions and come back later and get that degree

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic