Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
sammy watkins and espn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,153

sammy watkins and espn

Oct 8, 2012, 12:08 AM

lately,espn never seems to speak of sammy without mentioning his "drug arrest",like he was convicted and did time.wonder how many times they've mentioned the real criminals and thugs that populate the sec?our beloved archrivals come quickly to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Who cares?***

Oct 8, 2012, 12:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares?***

Oct 8, 2012, 12:21 AM

i care,because it impugns a young man's reputation unecessarily,and in his case may have a negative effect on his nfl draft status,when the time comes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

NFL scouts don't need to watch ESPN to find this stuff out.

Oct 8, 2012, 9:23 AM

They knew about it the moment it became public, made their notes, and will likely just ignore it. The NFL hardly cares about stuff like that.

If anything is going to hurt Sammy it's the fact that he's been a non-factor in the games where he has played this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, they never mentioned Zach Mettenburger's sex assault..

Oct 8, 2012, 12:40 AM

stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, they never mentioned Zach Mettenburger's sex assault..

Oct 8, 2012, 1:03 AM

Neither is something you should speak lightly of, but Sammy missed a few games and so they always have to explain why he hasn't put up good numbers. I mean the way Mettenburger has played thus far he would be better off having been suspended the first two games...

Re: sammy watkins and espn

Oct 8, 2012, 6:19 AM

they also explained why the UGA players had been suspended . no explanation of usuc suspensions , oh thats right old ball sack doesn't give any suspensions

Unfortunately, these type of things have to run their

Oct 8, 2012, 6:43 AM

course. BKendall36 is accurate, as these announcers are attempting to explain his lack of playing time and numbers. None of us like the repetition, but you'll be hearing less of it as the season wears on. I'm always reminded of the old saw: for every action, there is a reaction....Sammy's been getting the latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, they covered ad nauseum Jordan Jefferson

Oct 8, 2012, 7:11 AM

last year and Mathieu the same when he was kicked off team. Plus, how much did they mention the negatives of Cam Newton? Over and over and over. The same with Stephen Garcia....

You must have selective listening.

We all know Sammy is a great kid but It comes with the territory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sammy watkins and espn- it irritates me too

Oct 8, 2012, 9:06 AM

but he has only himself to blame for it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sammy watkins and espn- it irritates me too

Oct 8, 2012, 9:42 AM

granted,but it's also a reflection on CU and therefore all of us as well.that's probably a message that dabo drove home.a young kid makes a mistake very common in today's world.the incident happened almost 6 months ago.espn would do well to stop exaggerating and beating a dead horse.

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,153
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic