Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who can provide a Syracuse scouting report?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Who can provide a Syracuse scouting report?

Sep 30, 2013, 9:03 AM

I know nothing about this team except its payback time for the Gator Bowl loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who can provide a Syracuse scouting report?

Sep 30, 2013, 9:06 AM

I usually go to Syracuse.com

Sep 30, 2013, 9:14 AM

> I usually go to Syracuse.com

If you want to read articles on the team go to syracuse.com

If you want our real message board go to syracusefan.com

Here's a start

Sep 30, 2013, 9:07 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssw/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 30, 2013, 9:10 AM

Our message board is syracusefan.com

Sep 30, 2013, 9:15 AM

This SU team lost many talented players from last years team. Start a QB with 2 college starts and 2 wins over Tulane and Wagner. He has not faced a true division I defense yet. Running backs are good and OLine is acceptable. On D, there secondary is awful. Look at film of what Northwestern did to them by passing the ball. New head coach, new system, so the jury is still out.
They play hard but are not as talented as the Tigers. They will attempt to double the outside Tiger receivers which will leave a huge gap in the middle. We need slants to the TE and WR's on crossing routes.
Dome will be loud but we do not need to have oral communications to run our sets. This could be a dangerous team but if we play aggressive defense with many sets and blitzes and on offense go tour TE's and WR's with some solid running, we win going away. Our speed on a carpet will look like a blurr to their DB's.
We need to watch for trick plays as they tend to be risk takers and solid D will turn some of those risks into rewards----for the Tigers!!!!

They destroyed a Tulane team that beat the team that beat

Sep 30, 2013, 9:23 AM

Wake.

Penn State escaped with a win in the Carrier dome.

They hung with Northwestern at NW for most of the game.

So they are a pretty good team, better than their record shows.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: They destroyed a Tulane team that beat the team that beat

Sep 30, 2013, 9:27 AM

Penn St. wasn't at home, it was at Giants stadium which was a home game for Penn St.

NW blew us out. make no mistake about it.

Both those games were ,however, with the wrong QB. Our new QB has much more poise and overall talent.

Greg Paulus?***

Sep 30, 2013, 10:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: They destroyed a Tulane team that beat the team that beat ]

It doesn't matter who your QB is because he will be laying on his back most of the game. Prepare yourself for a beat down.;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2013, 9:29 AM [ in reply to They destroyed a Tulane team that beat the team that beat ]

first, the Penn State game was played in the New York City area and Met stadium I believe. Second, SU was decimated by Northwestern. The Wildcat passing game beat them time after time after time. SU was never in that game. Yes, they beat up on Tulane and Wagner.
We need to get our facts correct!

Sep 30, 2013, 9:32 AM

> first, the Penn State game was played in the New York
> City area and Met stadium I believe. Second, SU was
> decimated by Northwestern. The Wildcat passing game
> beat them time after time after time. SU was never in
> that game. Yes, they beat up on Tulane and Wagner.
> We need to get our facts correct!

Lol, exactly.

I'm taking the coaches approach to the game.***

Sep 30, 2013, 10:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

My take....

Sep 30, 2013, 9:26 AM

A new coaching staff

An unsettled quarterback situation (we'll probably see both Allen and Hunt on Saturday).

The two top RB's from last year return for the 2013 season (Jerome Smith and Prince-Tyson Gulley). Even with blow-out wins against Wagner and Tulane, they still do not have a 100 yard rusher this season.

Syracuse returns three starters on the OL.

On defense, Syracuse has a pretty good starting lineup, but not a ton of depth and it doesn't hurt that their
new head coach was their defensive coordinator a year ago.

Still, the secondary and the defensive line are the big question marks.

The bottom line is that Clemson will be the best team (by far) Syracuse has faced so far this season. If Clemson shows-up and plays like it is capable, this game will not be very close IMO.

The opening line was Clemson -13.5. Clemson should easily cover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My take....

Sep 30, 2013, 9:30 AM

Your analysis, IMO, is spot on.

Re: My take....

Sep 30, 2013, 12:14 PM

> Your analysis, IMO, is spot on.

We have 3 CBs who play...1 of them is hurt

I'm afraid you guys will torch us on passing if we don't get pressure.

Hey Mark....

Sep 30, 2013, 1:14 PM

I am making the trip up to Syracuse from South Carolina wit hseveral friends.

We're not planning on tailgating but instead will be looking for a place to go watch the Maryland/FSU game before heading to the Dome for the 3:30 kickoff.

What is the best option for parking at a sports bar type place and taking a shuttle or walking to the game

You can t-mail me with your response.

Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hey Mark....

Sep 30, 2013, 5:42 PM

> I am making the trip up to Syracuse from South
> Carolina wit hseveral friends.
>
> We're not planning on tailgating but instead will be
> looking for a place to go watch the Maryland/FSU game
> before heading to the Dome for the 3:30 kickoff.
>
> What is the best option for parking at a sports bar
> type place and taking a shuttle or walking to the
> game
>
> You can t-mail me with your response.
>
> Thanks

I suggest you look for parking along Adams or Harrison streets north of the Dome in various lots. I'd arrive 3-4 hours prior to kickoff. You can also look for parking at the Frats/Sorority Houses. You can try your luck on odd/even parking on street. They changover at 6pm but there "should" be some leeway to move your vehicle after the game. I'd ask a street cop to be sure.

If all this strikes out try parking further north towards East Genesee Street. Also there are a couple parking garages (Sheraton, VA, etc...). If you park in a parking garage make sure you find out if they close.

Personally I would probably go to the Sheraton Hotel and watch the games in the bar. The lobby and outside should be a good scene. They sell tailgate food out on the street in front of the hotel. There should be plenty of Tiger fans walking around. Be sure to walk down Marshall Street to get the Syracuse college feel.

The Sheraton is within walking distance of the Dome. If you like the K.I.S.S. Priniciple and don't mind overpaying for parking you can park at the Sheraton. I think is costs about $25 but you won't have to worry about the garage closing and it is very safe. If you are in your 20s you can hit the off campus bars and not feel too creepy before or after the game and be a block or two from your car. If you are over 30 I'd head down to Armory Square or the Destiny Mall 3rd Floor Entertainment (They have a Dave and Busters there to watch the late games) area after the game.

www.destinyusa.com

Sep 30, 2013, 9:58 AM

Syracuse fan here. Really excited to be in the ACC and playing Clemson. Hope you come to the game and join us tailgating.

As for the team, on defense: we've been good against the run and not so much against the pass. Our linebackers have played well as has our line, but our db's were expected to be strong and haven't played as well as expected.

On offense, we struggled in the first two games and changed QB's to a more mobile and athletic player. He's made a big difference even though it's only been two games, one of which was won by special teams play. Our running backs are the best we've had in many years, but so far we've had issues running consistently. Jerome Smith, Prince-Tyson Gulley, & George Morris III though big things have been expected from Jerome this year. Ashton Broyld is perhaps our best athlete and lines up mostly as an h-back. Our receivers are decent without a lot of depth, but they've struggled to create separation. With Terrel Hunt in at QB, he's given the receivers more time to get open, with good results. Our line is decent but I think we'll have issues against your DL at times.

Overall, I hope we can be competitive and make a game of it. The dome will be nearly full and loud. Should be the best game-day atmosphere in a while. However, in general you have bigger, faster, and more athletic players. I don't know if we can stop or slow down your playmakers though I think we'll play tough. If not, I hope Hunt can play well against good teams as well as mediocre ones because we'll have to score early and often to keep pace.

Hope to see you there. It's a big event for our program as our first ACC game and against its best team.

welcome to the ACC.***

Sep 30, 2013, 10:12 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

BigCUfan

Sep 30, 2013, 1:26 PM

Go to Faegans bar which is a few doors down from the Varsity on Marshall st. Will be packed but good tvs

Re: BigCUfan

Sep 30, 2013, 5:45 PM

> Go to Faegans bar which is a few doors down from the
> Varsity on Marshall st. Will be packed but good tvs

Faegans will work...but you might get sound at the Sheraton Bar.

Definitely get a slice of pizza at the Varsity.

my prediction

Sep 30, 2013, 5:54 PM

I'm taking out that orange chump mascot! Been a long time coming!

You need to start a bail donations fund....***

Sep 30, 2013, 6:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. I doubt the wife will bail me out.

Sep 30, 2013, 7:12 PM

Only reason she would is as she previously stated, "If we go up there and I have to get you outa jail, I'm gonna junk punch you in the man business so hard that your next wife won't have to be on the pill!"

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic