Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who are the Coach BB supporters still left on this board?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Who are the Coach BB supporters still left on this board?

Feb 4, 2020, 7:20 PM

Are there still any left ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this us against them garbage is getting a little old***

Feb 4, 2020, 7:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this us against them garbage is getting a little old***

Feb 4, 2020, 7:35 PM

Agree. But I do think apathy is setting in where it used to not be. I find myself shrugging my shoulders and saying “whatever” when it comes to the BBall program when that used to not be the case. I’m not going to sit here and whine about a coach that obviously has the support of the people that make the decision of whether he stays or goes. It’s a waste energy.

Re: Who are the Coach BB supporters still left on this board?

Feb 4, 2020, 7:40 PM

There are a lot. They td’ed the crap out of me for questioning CBB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 4, 2020, 8:46 PM

I think it might be TD'd without the E ... but I don't know .
Maybe we should just say Down Thumbed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

i am, right here!

Feb 4, 2020, 8:13 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love CU basketball and am thankful for Brad Brownell.

Feb 4, 2020, 8:38 PM

I traded in my T-Net soul for a win at Chapel Hill so Coach B gets a 3-year pass in my eyes. Come what may.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for selling your soul for that win

Feb 4, 2020, 8:50 PM

I also hear that because of that win it will be a lot colder where you have signed up for. ( It froze over that day)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really doesn't feel that much different here

Feb 4, 2020, 9:27 PM

yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as he’s the Clemson basketball coach, I support him.***

Feb 4, 2020, 8:39 PM

I’d wager he lasts far longer than your current handle lasts on this forum.

As long as we don’t give him any raises, I support him.

Feb 4, 2020, 8:43 PM

Don’t want them to take money away from our successful sports to pour into the black hole that is CU basketball.

I still want to see him succeed at Clemson.

There will always be more of us than respond to your condescending question.

I'm sorry. Was that judgmental? You're welcome to explain why your question belongs on a Clemson board.

I won't TD you. I don't need to.

Feb 4, 2020, 9:24 PM

*Raises hand as high as it can go.*

Do you have a legitimate question to ask?

Shame on everyone who seemingly doesn't want success for Brad so that they can be proven right on a message board. Shame on everyone who doesn't trust in the same Athletic Director who oversees all of our other programs, including our top-ranked football program and several other prestigious programs in their particular sports, to make the best decision for the long-term health of the men's basketball program. Shame on every person here who seems to find more joy in the losses than they do the wins. And shame on everyone who has an opportunity to make a difference in the program by being in the arena for the games, even if it's just on weekends, to support the team...and yet chooses simply not to, only to follow with the most harsh of criticism for what the program isn't. There is a difference between hoping for better and praying for demise...a fact that, unfortunately, some here don't distinguish.

As long as he is coaching Clemson, I'm going to support

Feb 4, 2020, 9:33 PM

him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as he is coaching Clemson, I'm going to support

Feb 5, 2020, 12:29 PM

Agreed. OP is getting stale. Time to flush.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2020, 9:39 PM

I support him seeing that he is our coach. I wouldn't mind a change and may would have made on last year if it were up to me. We need to be better on O and that is on him but if we beat UVA tomorrow that makes up for the L Saturday. He will be our coach next year tho so I will support him and hope we improve this year. Not sure what we can do next year with Simms and Mack gone tho.

Feb 4, 2020, 9:56 PM

What makes you think Simms is leaving?

Feb 5, 2020, 12:22 PM

I forget he is only a Junior. This is great!!!

Feb 5, 2020, 4:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are the Coach BB supporters still left on this board? ]

Agreed. If we were going to make a change, then last year was the time to do it. If he has turned things around, then next year is the time to prove it.

Feb 4, 2020, 10:21 PM

Beuller... Beuller... Beuller.

Feb 5, 2020, 3:32 AM

I support him for 1 more year. Thats what I have left in me. Do or die next year with better talent and a deeper team.

Feb 5, 2020, 3:32 AM

I support him for 1 more year. Thats what I have left in me. Do or die next year with better talent and a deeper team.

+1 here***

Feb 5, 2020, 12:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I support him, for several reasons.

Feb 5, 2020, 12:48 PM

1. I think he's a very good coach. He does more with less than just about anyone.
2. He represents our school and program with class.
3. He loves Clemson and wants to be here as long as we will have him.

The most important factor to evaluate with any coach is wins. His performance should be viewed in light of the advantages he's been given as well as the tough circumstances he's had to deal with. When I view his tenure, I see the following:

Advantages:
-Took over a program that was fresh off three straight NCAA Tournament wins
-Took over a program with a fan base currently interested in supporting basketball
-Recently got facilities which put us in the top half of the ACC
-Recently got additional budget approval for assistant coaches and support staff which move us into the top half of the ACC
-Has received nice raises/extensions
-Has been shown vocal support by our AD and President

Disadvantages:
-Inherited a roster with good experience, but significant holes in the years to come due to major recruiting misses by Purnell
-Had to contend with poor facilities, including having to raise most of the money for new facilities himself, resulting in having to spend a year playing in Greenville; new facilities were not completed until well into his tenure
-Didn't get budget for assistant coaches or support staff he requested until well into his tenure
-Basketball spending throughout his tenure has been near the bottom of the ACC (was next to last in the conference based on the most recent numbers I've seen)
-Coaches at a football school which is lukewarm on basketball historically
-Coaches at a school with the worst history in the ACC

The above do not include other issues within the program, which he unknowingly inherited from OP, and worked very hard to fix. They also do not include injuries. Although I believe our injuries have been more significant over the years than many other programs, all deal with injuries so I don't feel that this should be listed as a specific disadvantage unique to him.

For people who are actually paying attention, and are looking for reasons to support Clemson basketball, it should be obvious that we have seen significant (and encouraging) improvements the last few years since he's actually had the facilities, coaching staff, and program support staff he deserves. An NCAA Sweet 16 berth (one of our best seasons in program history), two 20-win seasons in a row, and two of our best recruiting classes in recent memory are all encouraging signs. These things don't happen to a coach whose program has run stale. They happen to a coach who finally has some of the necessary pieces in place.

Based on the above, I feel that he deserves at least this year and next. Next year seems to be a year when we can expect to contend for a top 1/3rd ACC finish and NCAA Tournament berth. If not, and next year is an NIT type year or worse, then it will likely be time to start looking at other options.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I support him, for several reasons.

Feb 5, 2020, 1:00 PM

You may disagree with the Judge but you cannot not be impressed with the passion he has for Clemson BB. I too would like to see Coach B succeed here at Clemson in the next two years. There are games where I feel that he is a pretty good game coach - putting Mack on the high post is a good example (also mentioned by others). But there are games, such as the recent game against WF, where you cannot help wondering why he does not have the team better prepared given the stakes.

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Feb 5, 2020, 1:05 PM

U6C

Feb 5, 2020, 1:11 PM

Yes, I still support him, he knows FAR MORE basketball than anyone on this board

I'm pretty indifferent.

Feb 5, 2020, 1:46 PM

I think if we were going to move on from BB it should've been last year. Since we brought him back for what was always likely to be a rebuilding year (rebuilding from what you say? fair question) then i think he will be given next year as well. If he doesn't make the NCAAT next year I will likely support getting a new coach.

Re: I'm pretty indifferent.

Feb 5, 2020, 1:49 PM

How come the people with the lowest pulses create the most Interesting And most responded to, topics? ??

Oh I know, it’s because we “get it” and say what’s true and don’t wear orange colored glasses 24/7.

Think about it this way. If 10 years ago, you knew that BB

Feb 5, 2020, 2:07 PM

would have the post-season appearances he has now at Clemson, would he have been hired? I doubt it. Duke and UNC would have fired him 5 years ago. Yet our administration is content with abject mediocrity. Renovating LJ is not supporting the basketball program. You can put lipstick and a silk dress on a pig, but it is still a pig. As someone else said, I am not going to waste my time worrying about the basketball program since the Clemson administration obviously doesn't care. Losing to Virginia by less than 15 will be a moral victory. Hurrah!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic