Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done..

Sep 21, 2020, 10:34 AM

on the goal line.

Says team has only rushed for 347 combined yds in two games over weak opponents..

and that Clemson O-line averaged being 70 lbs heavier than The Citadel D-linemen and still got no push at the goal line up the middle (between the tackles)..and ETN was stopped twice b/4 slicing “off” tackle on 3rd attempt for a TD.

Oh, talking about Goal Line Scoring, ETN & TL16..have you noticed on 3 occasions TL16 has carried the ball in at the goal line for 3 TD’s while ETN was used as a blocker.

Was it to have a sure TD, or was it being not 100% sure of ETN being able to run it in between the tackles, or was it to give TL16 enough TD’s to keep him in the Heisman race?

~> Ha, I see to my right that I’ve been flamed & Zero’ed which is funny but realize the writer referenced above made this assessment (he was a lineman for 20 years)..and realize this post is for discussion, not for putting down the poster.~>

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done..

Sep 21, 2020, 10:38 AM

I would agree with him - the OLine does need to get a little more push at the goal line. ETN hasn't been able to find any space at all inside the 5. I would cetainly prefer to see ETN getting those short TDs rather than TL risking injury doing it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done..

Sep 21, 2020, 10:42 AM

Writer Benedict is correct. OL needs to get better before the Tigers play a real team.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done.. ]

We all agree.

Well TE doesn't agree according to his pressor after the

Sep 21, 2020, 11:55 AM

game. He said he wasn't worried at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 11:34 AM

The O-line is a concern. It always seems to be a concern. Very frustrating.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:50 AM

lightbulb, I know our back up OL has a long way to go. However, if the starters stay healthy, we will be just fine. Remember, as in years past, we are very vanilla in our schemes and play calling early in the season. As the season progresses you will see the OL moving people around. Get girlfriend #2 to get you another drink, its going to be a fun year.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy us named Benedict . Do we learn nothing from history?

Sep 21, 2020, 11:51 AM

Dont trust him and don't eat his eggs..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 21, 2020, 11:58 AM

While I agree the o line needs work. I think the added rushing TDs for Trevor are more because the teams are stuffing the middle in anticipation of ETN getting the goal line carry.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 11:59 AM

Remember ETN is an NFL rb playing in college. Any other RB would have left for the draft last year

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any team willing to use all 11 players to stop the run will

Sep 21, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done.. ]

will be successful, if the offense they face is determined to run directly against that strength.

That’s just a fact.

Wake showed this by allowing Trevor to dance untouched into the EZ twice while they all pinched down on ETN.

Citadel did the same thing and stopped ETN him twice, before TL kept and walked in.

Citadel does not have a lot of size or talent, but they make up for it in determination. They have more grit than several ACC teams we face each year.

He could be right LBB....

Sep 21, 2020, 12:07 PM

Great news is....Clemson teams get better as the season goes on.

Just hoping we get a full season. I missed football so much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He could be right LBB....

Sep 21, 2020, 4:48 PM

Great news is....Clemson teams get better as the season goes on.

Just hoping we get a full season. I missed football so much.

^This

Sep 21, 2020, 12:38 PM

The writer of the article doesn’t understand football then. Clemson has two straight read option plays on the goal line. Both ones Trevor handed the ball of to Travis. Both were the wrong reads and Trevor could have walked in for easy touchdowns because they were crashing down on Travis. I’m not saying Trevor was making a mental mistake, because I personally believe he was doing it on purpose to try and let Travis make something happen. Trevor is unselfish and after taking 2 tds from Travis in the wake forest game when he made the right reads, he was trying to let Travis hot pay dirt. And on third down he went with the right read and walked in easily. People read way too much in things. The online isn’t struggling. People’s expectations are too high.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:36 PM

That's what I saw too.

The 1's are pretty good. A little loose in terms of technique and absolutely vanilla - they do little to nothing in terms of line calls, the protections look like they come almost exclusively from the QB - but they're above average in terms of talent...and Jackson Carman and Bockhorst are a lot more than that.

The 2's and 3's are just...young. Painfully so. They're all over the place in terms of handwork, footwork, technique, and their angles are...uhm, well, awful. And they're understrength like true froshes so often are. Walker Parks is really athletic and he's going to be a durn good one but...well. There's not one but three true froshes on the 2-deep, and a redshirt frosh at backup C.

Watch again.. they weren't reads. They were the called plays.

Sep 21, 2020, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Writer Jeff Benedict of Rubbing The Rock says O-line ain’t getting it done.. ]

Too often people confuse read options and especially what some call "RPO" as the QB really reading options. Just because a QB fakes a handoff to an RB doesn't mean he's reading an option. More often than not what is called RPO isn't an option play at all. The only true read option we run is the same as everyone else... a QB reading the DL to see if he crashes on the RB or sets the edge.

Sep 21, 2020, 1:32 PM

Didn't DJU run two in in the first half inside the tackles vs Citadel? Also TL16 and DJU had all day to throw in both the WF and El Cid games when behind the 1st OL.

Are 4 new OPL starters (one of which is a true Soph) playing perfectly? No. Will they improve as the season goes on? Of course. Are they playing badly right now? No.

What is the disaster that I am missing?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 6:07 PM

The Tigers have scored SEVEN points in the last two quarters of BOTH games! It wasn’t all backups either!,

Who The Eff is Jeff Benedict????

Sep 21, 2020, 1:36 PM

Does he have any real credentials to make this statement or just another latte sippin, skinny jean wearin pufda?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who The Eff is Jeff Benedict????

Sep 21, 2020, 1:47 PM

Samesies!

Mr. Benedict is Correct but Incomplete

Sep 21, 2020, 4:36 PM

The OL coach is equally, if not more so, at fault then the offensive linemen.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic