Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
White privilege isn’t real
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

White privilege isn’t real

Sep 10, 2020, 5:03 PM

Five of the ten richest people in America aren’t white. Most sports team and leagues are not white owned. Most major corporations. White privilege is a myth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: White privilege isn’t real

Sep 10, 2020, 5:09 PM

https://www.parents.com/kids/responsibility/racism/how-to-explain-white-privilege-in-term-simple-enough-for-a-child/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they

Sep 10, 2020, 6:14 PM

were female and would only make 70% of what men make and that there would be a glass ceiling.

Oh wait, I didn't teach them that at all. In fact I taught them that that was all bullsht. They were never told that math was hard or that they needed to take psychology or nursing. I told them girls were smarter than boys and that was why they did better than the boys in school.

My 26 year old is a senior manufacturing manager for a huge multi national corporation. Covid has her working from home, but her job is in London. She is a ChemE with an MBA. She has been picked as a future leader in her company, she has gotten three promotions and they move her around every 9 months to a year.

My 24 year old is a rocket scientist. She chose that over going for a PhD in ChemE. She is working on an MS degree from John Hopkins in Space Systems Engineering.

Don't fall for the lies. There are many GREAT black men and women that do not believe they are less than only because of the color of their skin. Your gender and skin color have nothing to do with your ability to succeed. America is the greatest nation with the greatest opportunity for all.

Listen to Candace Owens or the Hodge twins or Kim Klacik or Anthony Brian Logan or Tim Scott or one of the many other young black conservatives. Don't tell them their skin color makes them less privileged and it will take a white person to make things equal.

We need real black conservative leaders right now more than ever. It's a good thing there are so many stepping up to the plate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not ######## regarding females either, but good

Sep 10, 2020, 6:19 PM

for your girls.

My wife experienced it in the Air Force, and experiences at least every other week as a pilot for a major airline. You're naive if you think your daughters haven't experienced and continue to do so, especially in STEM.

You're so misguided it's hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: It's not ######## regarding females either, but good

Sep 10, 2020, 6:21 PM

Which one? Never posted a duplicate one, but thanks

Sep 10, 2020, 6:23 PM

for changing the subject.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they

Sep 10, 2020, 6:39 PM [ in reply to I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

Does your 24 yr old by chance work for APL or NASA Goddard?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

ULA NASA is one of her clients

Sep 10, 2020, 7:51 PM

she actually is a rocket scientist. She works in contamination control and planetary protection. Her idol is the head of planetary protection for NASA who happens to be a black female. She has worked on the parker solar probe, the mars 2020 rover that just launched and will be working on NASA's Lucy mission.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so misguided

Sep 10, 2020, 8:55 PM

you raised a rocket scientist. With Soccerkrzy’s amazing intellect, I wonder what he has done to advance society or raise a........whoops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neat, thanks for the personal attack, thought you were

Sep 10, 2020, 9:01 PM

done with that against me, but apparently not.

Re: Neat, thanks for the personal attack, thought you were

Sep 10, 2020, 9:04 PM

You go on attack, but can’t take one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not an attack, and it was explained.***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:05 PM

it’s always been your MO dude

Sep 10, 2020, 9:29 PM

you attack and then cry when getting attacked. I have just toned it down because you aren’t worth the argument. I find some of your stuff entertaining, but the attack and the cry when attacked is laughable.

Grow up dude. We are on the big swings. Get off the teeter totter.

Again, saying he is misguided isn't an attack.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:32 PM

You come out of left field with a personal attack for what reason? This discussion also isn't me crying, it's a discussion.

Ironically telling me to grow up in this thread.

Re: Again, saying he is misguided isn't an attack.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:34 PM

I am just saying that you call a guy misguided, but he is a business owner and a great dad.

What have you done? Be an internet bully?

Glad you fail to read to my post.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:38 PM

Nothing in my post was being a bully, genuinely proud of him for raising his girls so successfully, but I'd bet $1000 he's never had a conversation with them about what I just described.

And personally attacking my intellect and insinuating I don't do anything for this world is just that.

Re: Glad you fail to read to my post.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:44 PM

Good lord you are impossible man. Victim hood fits you well. Enjoy it. Dolt.

Mmkay***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:45 PM

Hey, guy, stop being not cool

Sep 10, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to You are so misguided ]

Personal attacks aint it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Hey, guy, stop being not cool

Sep 10, 2020, 9:36 PM

Left field!

Sep 10, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

Congratulations on raising 2 female STEM leaders, seriously.

...but the struggles women in STEM face are very real. I would be very surprised if your daughters haven't dealt with them at some point. There are exceptions, but the gap is the norm. I am an Engineering leader for a medical device company and we have instituted numerous programs to help (1) recruit female engineers and (2) keep them. On top of that, we have programs that assist in schools to help keep girls interested in science from high school to college.

https://www.aauw.org/resources/research/the-stem-gap/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason you need a program to recruit women

Sep 10, 2020, 7:46 PM

is that there is a shortage. Supply and demand. My daughters had many opportunities after school and still do. My wife and I told the girls they have an advantage being female, enjoy it. They have great lives. Our son, well he only had one job offer, but it was during covid. He makes good money for computer science, but it darn sure isn't female engineer money.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

That is complete BS and shows you are victim of propaganda.

Where is your concern that women make up 80% of nurses - a highly paid profession. And a similar large majority of teachers?

Who the ufck says STEM majors should be 50/50 male/female or whatever? That is complete BS and a made up "problem" to promote victimhood.

The fact is women in technical careers are paid the same (within 1%) of men.

It's also a known fact that your beloved social media promotes girls to feel the need to be perfect, which leads them to drop engineering the minute they get their first B (or less).

The liberal mindset of "everyone wins" and everyone gets a trophy has created the problem of girls expecting straight As and perfection.

Real jobs are hard and require math, independent thinking, etc. At some point people have to perform and can't keep getting first place trophies for showing up.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:32 PM

Diversity of thought leads to innovation.

I’d like to see your source that say women earn within 1% of men.

Average salary for a teacher in US is around $45k. Average for a registered nurse is $65k. Average for an engineer is $100k.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:40 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 10:12 PM

https://www.indeed.com/career/registered-nurse/salaries

Sep 10, 2020, 10:17 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

My daughter was a traveling nurse and made a lot more than that but now she is in medical school.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

Are you trying to say a women cannot be an engineer?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:13 PM

I hope you aren't asking that of me? Did you read any of my posts in this thread?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:21 PM

I read that you were comparing teacher, nurses and engineers. None of my kids were teacher oldest son is a Bio-engineer Clemson grad. and in grad school my youngest son is a senior @ Clemson computer engineer and doing a co-op with a major DOD contractor while going to school.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

The problem with most kids black or white is their parents don't love them. I coached baseball and football for kids 13 and under. The main problem is they don't want the kids interfering with their life style. Its a parenting problem 100%.

Sep 10, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to I taught my daughters that they would struggle because they ]

Cheers!

One should explain white privilege to their children.

Sep 10, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: White privilege isn’t real ]

That way when they apply to college and are penalized points for their race while others are rewarded points for theirs, they will not accuse colleges of being race biased.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a joke?***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: White privilege isn’t real ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 10, 2020, 5:40 PM

Which five?

Sep 10, 2020, 5:46 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 5:48 PM

The 15 people on this Forbes list (on Wikipedia because it was the first thing that came up in google search) are all white.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_by_net_worth

Sep 10, 2020, 5:54 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 6:22 PM

The original poster said richest people were not white. This proves that wrong with source to back it up. That's what it proves. The fact you can name a rich black person doesn't invalidate that. You can't really be this dense.

Don’t underestimate his ability***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave you haven't learned your lesson yet?***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:46 PM

What lesson is that? That you cry a lot?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:03 PM

Did you lose the ignore button again?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What lesson is that? That you cry a lot?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:08 PM

You need to write Crump a bigger check for wasting his time so much

Sep 10, 2020, 10:12 PM

i can tell you totally ignore me based on your replies and violation flags. Why you lie kid?

Re: You need to write Crump a bigger check for wasting his time so much

Sep 10, 2020, 10:19 PM

Re: You need to write Crump a bigger check for wasting his time so much

Sep 10, 2020, 10:22 PM

You seem to confuse ignore with ignorant.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: White privilege isn’t real ]

Sep 10, 2020, 10:08 PM

Original post "Five of the ten richest people in America aren’t white"

Forbes says the top 15 richest people in America are white. The lowest of those top 15 making $36 BILLION. You are naming athletes and entertainers that are at best earning 5% of $36 billion. Now that is still a lot of money, but the point is the original statement that 5 of the 10 richest is 100% wrong.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:10 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 10:16 PM

I am adding facts to the original post that was completely bogus. Do you think Forbes is lying about the top 15 richest people in America? Are any of those people non-white? Is the statement "5 out of 10 richest people in America" accurate?

Sep 10, 2020, 10:23 PM

Dude, you can prove T3 wrong over and over

Sep 10, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: White privilege isn’t real ]

And he’ll still try to find a way to deny and slither around the conversation.

Facts don’t matter. He’s even posted a fact, then denied it within the same message cause he felt differently.

Sep 10, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: White privilege isn’t real ]

Half those guys are Jewish

Sep 10, 2020, 7:01 PM

Most Jewish people are caucasian.

Most sports teams are not white owned? You must mean

Sep 10, 2020, 5:44 PM

in the whole world, not the U.S.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 5:50 PM

https://www.upcounsel.com/who-owns-a-corporation

Compelling argument. Well documents stats and facts.***

Sep 10, 2020, 5:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 6:26 PM

Of course.

It is made up by the stupid a$$ liberals like everything else they believe in: diversity is necessary, systemic racism, global warming, housing-phones-cableTV-healthcare are human rights, we can make power from nothing if it were not for profit hungry corporations (Green New deal), big pharma is the enemy of the people, etc.

Everything these people believe in is made up. Sad.

Capitalism and American ideals have been so successful, it has created a market for what we see today - victimhood, jealousy, too fat and happy snowflakes that have no idea about how anything works.

Christian privilege is.

Sep 10, 2020, 6:46 PM

It's right of birth into the family of God. Percentage-wise, I think I have more black and hispanic spiritual brothers and sisters than white. It's not exclusive and being born into the family has qualifications so cheap even a palper like me can join. Usually when I run across offers which are too good to be true I avoid them.

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” This is a true statement of which millions testify.

The benefits package that goes with this free offer is out of this world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no shyatt***

Sep 10, 2020, 8:50 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

"White privilege" is nothing more than majority privilege,

Sep 10, 2020, 9:41 PM

and it exists in every culture everywhere in the world, as it always has, and as it should.

It doesn't mean what most people think it means - that white people have an easy life and don't have to struggle. it means that white people get lots of very real benefits not available to non-white. Common examples given of "white privilege": 1.Most Products Are Geared Toward People Like You 2. Most Media Is Geared Toward People Like You 3. Beauty Standards Aren't Rigged Against You Because Of Your Race 4. If I wish, I can arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time. 5. When I am shown about our national heritage, I am shown that people that look like me made it what it is.

That applies in China, Japan, Nigeria, Russia, Iran, France, Egypt, India, Mexico, Etc.. In America, we call that "White Privilege", yet in Japan we don't call it Yellow Privilege, or in Nigeria we don't call it Black Privilege. And nowhere do we call it what it really is, majority privilege. And why wouldn't the majority build a society for their own benefit? Not that it can't benefit everyone, but people build things they like, and shape things the way they want them to be, to reflect their vison. As it should be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic