Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that the Heisman has been decided..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,616

Now that the Heisman has been decided..

Mar 30, 2020, 12:19 PM

can we move on. Not that I really care, but it will be Justin Fields.

The dye is cast. He has some sort of tragic story, or they will find one in his past, to help all the sportswriters pat themselves on the back about how they did a good thing so they can click drinks at cocktail parties, etc....

Bye the way, in 2020, Clemson will win it's fourth National Championship in football, by beating an SEC team...

tOSU will have two losses and not make the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I love what you are saying

Mar 30, 2020, 12:27 PM

about the Natty. To think that the buc I's will lose 2 is a stretch

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: While I love what you are saying

Mar 30, 2020, 12:49 PM

Their first four games are the hardest of their schedule. After that, its cake teams.

What color dye?***

Mar 30, 2020, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that the Heisman has been decided..

Mar 30, 2020, 2:05 PM

Obviously the Heisman requires a player to impress the media members since that's who votes on it. However, if it were decided ahead of time based on offseason hype alone then Trevor would've won it this past season. Joe Burrow wasn't on anyone's radar at all going into the start of the season. Also, Tua would've easily won the award over Murray the year before if it were as decided ahead of time like so many suggest.

I don't think the Heisman will ever be a perfect award because there are too many factors that aren't even. One player may play a much tougher schedule against great defensive teams. One player (Trevor and Watson) may have a great defense on their own team which leads to them sitting early in the 2nd half of games in blowouts. Another player (most Big 12 teams) may have a defense that gives up a ton of points which allows them to put up much higher stats in shootouts. Another player may have a running back(Trevor) who eats up a lot of the yardage and touchdowns himself which takes away from the overall stats. You could go on with many other factors that doesn't make it even of course.

There's no perfect way of fully factoring in all of those factors though to make it seem fair to everyone. With that said though, you can take just about any year and make an argument for another player winning it over the guy who did. However, I don't think there's been any recent winner who was just 100% undeserving or where I can get totally upset over it.

Heisman is as much a joke as the Nobel prize.***

Mar 30, 2020, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Now that the Heisman has been decided..

Mar 30, 2020, 2:25 PM

Most Heisman winners are from teams that were built around
one player. Clemson has so many Heisman candidates its hard
to get one out front. I don't have to name the Tiger players
that could have won or should have won but we don't need to
put that at the front of the line. We have done well without
it and our players have done well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic