Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury

Sep 3, 2019, 11:58 AM

Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury

South Carolina quarterback Jake Bentley reportedly will be out at least six weeks with a foot injury. During Tuesday's press conference, Dabo Swinney was asked Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury

Sep 3, 2019, 12:01 PM

Coach Dabo will always take the high road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

I agree 98% of that.

Sep 3, 2019, 12:26 PM

The other 2% is when he is provoked by instigating reporters or loud-mouthed opposing coaches. But, even then, he is defending his team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I agree 98% of that.

Sep 3, 2019, 1:06 PM

And make a mistake in thinking that he want take up for his players or his coaches, bc he will light them up about speaking bad towards them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 98% of that.

Sep 3, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I agree 98% of that. ]

He still takes the "High Road". He simply states facts that, sometimes, are forgotten or just unsaid. His "rant" was factual, and in response to a prod from a reporter wanting to stir the pot. All of us have a "push point" that is the limit. After that limit is reached, there will be a response. Dabo delivers a very civil response. Mine isn't that civil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what Winners do***

Sep 3, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's what Winners do***

Sep 3, 2019, 8:38 PM

100% Take the high road at every opportunity, but when the road runs out, respond accordingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 12:02 PM

100% class.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Swinney knows a lot about breaking his foot...

Sep 3, 2019, 12:05 PM

Off in Muschump’s ace.

??

Get well soon, Jake. Don’t want any player getting hurt (unless they are intentionally trying to harm our players and Jake isn’t that kinda guy).

~JKB

Re: Coach Swinney knows a lot about breaking his foot...

Sep 3, 2019, 1:12 PM

Was Jake making one of his unfamous dives when he hurt his wuttle foot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not exactly, he kicked his locker after the game barefoot

Sep 3, 2019, 6:10 PM

and broke a weight bearing bone! Silly kids and their temper tantrums!!!

Gave Mush a great out, as he now has an excuse to start his freshman!

Re: Coach Swinney knows a lot about breaking his foot...

Sep 3, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Coach Swinney knows a lot about breaking his foot... ]

Well , glad that was answered . Moving on ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Do you think Coot fans want Bentley to redshirt this year?

Sep 3, 2019, 12:15 PM

Or not?

He should still be in high school, you know?

No, the next coot savior will arrive next year

Sep 3, 2019, 1:30 PM

Bentley would be third string

An ad for “How to fix bunions without surgery” was embedded

Sep 3, 2019, 12:36 PM

In the middle of this article when I opened it.

I endorse Dabo’ s classy comments but literally LOLed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 12:48 PM

That’s one way to ensure never again, although we doubt this is what he had in mind

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo DId Not “REACT” to Bentley’s Injury

Sep 3, 2019, 12:57 PM

He simply answered the STUPID Question that the HACK asked.

Dabo DId Not “REACT” to Bentley’s Injury

Sep 3, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury ]

He simply answered the STUPID Question that the HACK asked.

Sep 3, 2019, 1:14 PM

Total class! I am a Clemson grad(1986), but have many family members who are Gamecock fans and I have worked in Columbia most of my life.
I would ask those(a minor percentage) in my Clemson Family to hold off on the glee and harsh words toward the Gamecocks. It was not so long ago that we were going through similar emotions and it wasn't pleasant, to say the least. It seems they are as low as they can go right now so their hurt is deep enough.

Sep 3, 2019, 2:12 PM

I'm with you but appears someone else isn't.

Sep 4, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney reacts to Jake Bentley's foot injury ]

Just rember the coot fans 5-bombing Dabo when taking pictures w him.........you want worry as much about your dirt pecking family members!!

Remember when Spurrier commented on a D-Watson's injury?

Sep 3, 2019, 1:20 PM

“Well that game now looks like we’re in better shape than we were two weeks ago. But anything can happen as we all know.”

Having Dabo as your coach should never be underappreciated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get it, they're the Rival and all, but this is a weird

Sep 3, 2019, 1:31 PM

question to ask our coach in Week 1 of the season. I guess trying to bait him into saying something off-color? Any other teams we play later in the season have injuries for which we need to ask Dabo's opinion? It's SCAR and all, I get it, but this was strange. Seems like a waste of time for a reporter when A&M, our biggest regular-season game, is up next.

Which reporter axed that dumb question?***

Sep 3, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which reporter axed that dumb question?***

Sep 3, 2019, 4:19 PM

He had a “Northern Accent”.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic