Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good video here of what the Police are up against daily...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Good video here of what the Police are up against daily...

Sep 14, 2020, 12:44 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lancaster-protesters-bricks-glass-police-shooting

Can you imagine the guts it took to even walk up to that door? If that guy had a gun, the officer would be dead right now.

BLM riots break out - even when a guy attacks a cop with a knife.

I'm sorry this story is from FOX - I couldn't find it on the CNN site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what happens when people become convinced that they

Sep 14, 2020, 12:46 PM

are literally being hunted every day. This is why the truth matters.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

In this case - it looks like "suicide by cop" to me or the

Sep 14, 2020, 12:51 PM

guy was on drugs.

As far as the riots go and the reasoning behind them - the truth was tossed aside early on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good video here of what the Police are up against daily...

Sep 14, 2020, 12:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yesterday was the third move in day in a row for C of C...

Sep 14, 2020, 12:59 PM

my wife and I moved out daughter in on Saturday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yesterday was the third move in day in a row for C of C...

Sep 14, 2020, 1:09 PM

Harrowing footage.***

Sep 14, 2020, 1:01 PM

If that's what they're up against daily it wouldn't be news.***

Sep 14, 2020, 1:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, this encounter was news because somebody died.***

Sep 14, 2020, 5:24 PM

I should have videotaped them harrassing me parking my

Sep 14, 2020, 1:23 PM

boat trailer in the old wild wing parking lot, or giving me $1,040 ticket for dropping people off on the beach from my boat, or giving me a ticket for driving my golf cart after dark, or giving me a never expiring lifetime record for an expired fire extinguisher on my boat, or pulling me for going too slow (35/45), or threatening to throw me in jail for paying a $55 fine in $1 bills, or getting put in handcuffs for MIP 8 days before my 21st birthday (and subsequently spending the night in jail), or saying I never paid I fine that I did pay (for a 65/55), and having to pay it twice (plus penalties and threatening arrest), or following me around Murrell's inlet on a golf cart or...should I go on?

I have a lifetime of this bullshitt. I'm sure all of this too would be "harrowing footage".

Here's some "harrowing footage" of a another cop murdering a guy. I don't however having any video of the cop being fired, then being RE-HIRED so he can collect a lifetime pension, but that happened.

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/video-mesa-officer-shoots-an-unarmed-man

Oh WAIT, thats the wrong footage of the Mesa Arizona cops shooting someone. This is where one actually murdered someone:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mesa-police-shooting-daniel-shaver-seen-crawling-begging-in-disturbing-video/

and getting his pension:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2019/07/10/mesa-police-officer-philip-brailsford-rehired-pension-daniel-shaver-shooting/1698540001/

Unfortunately there's no footage of Mt Pleasant PD Officer Justin Hembree murdering his girlfriend Molly Wrazen,

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnsolvedMurders/comments/40321s/molly_wrazen_fiancee_of_a_south_carolina/

but here he is a few years later getting an accommodation after being promoted:

https://www.tompsc.com/gallery.aspx?PID=1398

Here's some footage of a cop shooting a guy through a window

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/31/police-said-they-shot-man-when-he-opened-his-door-aiming-gun-then-bodycam-video-came-out/

Later, he was cleared of any wrong doing. Of course he was.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/officer-cleared-in-shooting-of-sc-homeowner-through-window

Yeah..this is what cops are up against daily.

Re: I should have videotaped them harrassing me parking my

Sep 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

Which ones was I not guilty?

Sep 14, 2020, 1:53 PM

I've lived here all my life and never heard about an ordinance that's occasionally enforced for 3 months a year about being too close to a beach between some streets and not others on Sullivan's Island. Do you want to discuss the egregiousness of the actual fine? Or even how to find that ordinance? I certainly don't knowingly break laws, especially when I see cops standing around.

The last I heard, doing 35/45 isn't illegal. But I was certainly stopped and questioned for it.

The golf cart ticket was dropped because it turned out I actually wasn't driving after dark, at least according to actual sunset time. But I was still stopped and harrassed. And had to go to court to prove it.

Following me around murrell's inlet, or harrassing me about where i legally parked my boat trailer doesn't seem like any laws were broken, but i was certainly hassled and harrassed for it.

Handcuffs for a 20 years, 11 mos and 21 days old for drinking a beer? Then an overnight jail term while the $55 fine was being 'processed'? Then threatening to throw me in jail for actually paying the fine? Who is actually guilty, and of what here?

Sure, I guess I was speeding in Newberry on I-26 for doing 65 in a 55 at 11 pm...but then they stole the fine money that I paid, and threatened to throw me in jail if I didn't REPAY the fine with penalties in the next 24 hours. Lost a day of work pay over that one driving from CHS to Newberry to repay the fine. Oddly, Sullivan's Island tried the same trick about 18 years later with a $50 parking ticket, but I smartened up and now keep receipts forever of every dealing I have with the fine men in blue who protect and serve me.

And yeah, I guess I was guilty in April of 2001 for having an expired fire extinguisher on my boat. It wasn't knowingly though; I don't look at my fire extinguisher every time I go out in my boat. Would you? And it's a ticket that by SC law can't be expunged, even though there was no actual fine. Every time I apply for a job that does a background check, I have to list that heinous act, as its labeled as a "crime"--not a misdemeanor or a felony--a "crime". How long do you think I should have to carry around a non-violent, no fine crime against humanity for an expired fire extinguisher? Is 19 years not enough?

These aren't even all the harassment I've had with cops. These are just the highlights that come to mind. Why don't we drop the bullshitt, and just call policing what it really is--selective revenue generation.

Re: Which ones was I not guilty?

Sep 14, 2020, 2:12 PM

All this and never your fault.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're missing the point sport.

Sep 14, 2020, 2:56 PM

I admitted to some pretty heinous crimes.

I can guarantee that...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:39 PM

Everyone on here getting on you and saying you broke the law has probably broken similar laws or worse, hasn't been caught, and would holler up and down if they got punished for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Its pretty hard over here to not break the law

Sep 14, 2020, 3:52 PM

I mean if you walk out of your house, you're already guilty of something.

I'm tired of being over policed.

Re: Its pretty hard over here to not break the law

Sep 14, 2020, 4:00 PM

That I agree with.

And ill point out, these people wanting to "defund" police departments don't know what they're asking.

Police departments will make up the lost revenue somehow. Quickest way? More traffic stops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...

Sep 14, 2020, 4:04 PM

To me, that's the most short sighted part about the "defund" police movement. They're going to get that money back somehow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I saw Mt P's new police boat yesterday.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Its pretty hard over here to not break the law ]

It appeared to be a twin engined 35-40' Coast guard boat, complete with radar and night vision FLIR. I imagine it was in the $400K-$500K neighborhood. There were FOUR Mt P cops on it. Why Mt Pleasant needs a boat like that, I have no idea.

I was driving my boat in front of crab bank (near the old village), and they rapidly pulled up beside me, looked at me, then pulled in behind me. I told my wife "we're going to be stopped."

She said "for what?"

I said..."does it matter? I wonder how big the fine will be?"

Just about that time a boat came out of Shem creek with 3 younger guys, and about 5 girls in bikini's, and then I said "They just kept us from being stopped. The cops will stop them first so they can see the bikini's."

And about that time, they slowed down off my stern, and turned in front of the bikini boat.

Re: I saw Mt P's new police boat yesterday.

Sep 14, 2020, 5:31 PM

Just looking for an excuse to write tickets and justify the boat...

Re: Its pretty hard over here to not break the law

Sep 14, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Its pretty hard over here to not break the law ]

Over policed? I walk out of my house all the time, drive to the store, to work, all over the place. I never get over policed. On the occasion I've given a police officer reason to stop me, I've never had one shoot me or pull me out of the car and beat me up. I should write a book.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can guarantee that...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to I can guarantee that... ]

I have. And was pretty pissed off at the moment but then realized I did in fact break the law.

No one likes a $300 ticket but I dont think I'd call it harassment. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can guarantee that...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:58 PM

I take that back.

There was one time years ago I was driving through Coward, SC when I was pulled for speeding.

Well, moments before I was stopped, a Cadillac passed me in the left lane. I asked the officer why did he stop me, when its apparent the Cadillac HAD to be going faster than me in order to pass me. "You were the one speeding!!" So, I asked if he knew anything about physics lol

I took it to court and I won.

Actually, that's not true. As I've told my son - I do

Sep 14, 2020, 5:32 PM [ in reply to I can guarantee that... ]

knowingly break the law (like 45 in a 35). I know I'm taking a risk for which I am willing to take the penalty. But, I'm not going to bee-otch and moan about it. I took a chance - I got caught.

I guess cops had their eye on my more when I was a young punk in a Volkswagen - because I got stopped frequently. Now that I'm an old guy in a Volvo - not so frequently.

Sep 14, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Which ones was I not guilty? ]

Obviously, I wasn't guilty in all of them.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:00 PM

Had I been, I would have paid a fine and given points. Really, I don't care about anyone's kids or them driving golf carts after dark; that wasn't my discussion here.

The too close to a beach thing was on Sullivan's Island, not IOP.

I've never seen a minimum speed in a 45 MPH zone. Not saying there isn't one, but I doubt 35 mph is it.

And I like how you completely blow past the threats of imprisonment and theft of money. It sounds like you enjoy being over policed.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Which ones was I not guilty? ]

If it's Sullivan's Island, it might as well have been communist China with some of their laws.

Here's the rub, they'll act like a modern day Elliot Ness

Sep 14, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I should have videotaped them harrassing me parking my ]

when some middle class dude with no criminal history anchors his boat against COVID restrictions, or some other nefarious action like that. But the same cops will literally laugh in your face if you call them up to give them video evidence, license plate numbers, and clear pictures of people stealing #### out of your yard. They won't even pretend they care, they'll tell you to your face.

So that kind of behavior from somebody like that is apparently OK, but your everyday citizen better walk the line or face the wrath of big brother.

The BLM movement is all sorts of retarded, but cops really have done a good job of bringing a lot of this on themselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the rub, they'll act like a modern day Elliot Ness

Sep 14, 2020, 2:35 PM

It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other

Sep 14, 2020, 2:55 PM

lakes. That's some sort of local ordinance IE was referring to, stuff like that is almost impossible to keep up with for your everyday citizen. What I'm referring to is DNR and local cops out on the lake messing with people for being on a boat with 3 other people, anchored in a cove, stuff like that during COVID restrictions. They even yelled at my elderly neighbor for getting gas at the marina and tried to tell him they could ticket him for it.

They tried to restrict all sorts of asinine things due to COVID, and they had the manpower to harass a bunch of people over that. But all of the sudden they've got bigger issues to deal with when dozens of homeowners call them about the same people stealing their stuff repeatedly. With video evidence, license plates, etc. That's more common than your daughters outcome, at least where I live.

I'm sympathetic to a point, in that I know they have to deal with a lot of ########. But at the same time, I don't like a double standard, and I sense one. You can't ride my ### over trivial B.S. and then laugh off other stuff like property crime and not expect a little resentment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm 51, and have never needed a cop.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:06 PM

I wouldn't trust them if I did. Any time I spend with them almost always costs me money or a hassle, or both. I try as hard as I can to just stay away from them.

If the town, or city or state would come out with a voluntary yearly tax of $1,500 or $2,000 to just not be hassled over petty bullshitt by cops, I'd pay it. Just leave me the eff alone.

Re: It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other

Sep 14, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other ]

I'velived here my whole life, and never seen that enforced.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:21 PM

Apparently its only selectively enforced at Sullivan's for 3 months a year from Memorial day to Labor day, and only in particular areas. Over the years I've seen literally dozens of people picked up and dropped off from all of teh beaches, doing exactly what I was doing..ferrying someone back from the sandbar.

The funny part was that while I was busy being a criminal storming the beach at station 31, no one was actually allowed to be in the water or even stopped on the beach due to covid emergency revenue generation ordinances that had been put in place.

Re: I'velived here my whole life, and never seen that enforced.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:28 PM

No, cops randomly and selectively enforce the laws.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:43 PM

I've determined why I've been randomly and selectively enforced for as many laws as I have. Its not that I break any more laws than the next guy; that's never my intent and I don't think somehow I'm special and that laws don't apply to me. Actually, its the exact reverse; laws seem to apply to me a lot more than they do others.

The reason why I'm an easy target is, well, because I'm an easy target. I'm not a big guy, so they know they won't get much trouble from me, and if I do start mouthing off, they can just beat the ##### out of me with one of their night sticks and they'll get to have some cop-fun that day. I live here and now I'm old, so they know I'll probably just pay their fine to make them go away, and they won't get a bunch of guff from their in-charge cop for writing bogus tickets.

I've lived a lifetime of dealing with cops. Its been pretty much the same thing my whole life: random selective enforcement of petty laws, and attempted financial sodomy when it's convenient for them. Cops have made the impression they have given me, not the other way around.

When I got pulled for the beach ticket, I was standing there not saying anything (because I didn't want to go to jail, as I'm sure they wanted), I was thinking how glad I wasn't a black guy right then. Had I been black, I'm pretty certain there would have been 5 of them beating the ##### out of me at Sullivan's Island boat landing, then all patting themselves on the back later for the great bust they did.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other ]

They tried to restrict all sorts of asinine things due to COVID, and they had the manpower to harass a bunch of people over that. But all of the sudden they've got bigger issues to deal with when dozens of homeowners call them about the same people stealing their stuff repeatedly. With video evidence, license plates, etc. That's more common than your daughters outcome, at least where I live.

Look at what Sullivan's Island did during COVID. No chairs, tents, umbrellas, coolers, or basically setting up on the beach. Police patrolled it all summer writing tickets. Now, maybe some expert had solid evidence that this could spread the virus, but I have hard time imagining SI restaurants and bars could reopen and not the beaches. Sure did increase ticket revenue.

IOP, Sullivans and even Folly beach have all become

Sep 14, 2020, 3:58 PM

little police states for revenue generation. Covid just gave them a reason. Anyone who says different has no idea whats going on there. IOP is getting rid of ALL free parking. On Folly they are closing parking on side streets, simply because they don't want you over there.

I have heard Sullivan's wants to become a private beach, like Kiawah.

I'd imagine we'll see most, if not all of the restaurants on Sullivan's close in the next 5 years. Sullivan's seafood closing last week was the first of many. I expect Home team or Mex-1 will be next, and that whole area will be sold off for housing development.

Re: IOP, Sullivans and even Folly beach have all become

Sep 14, 2020, 4:03 PM

I haven't followed Folly as closely, but yep, the IOP stuff is absurd. When they first implemented the ruling, they forced anyone who was not a resident to cram into the area around the pier. That showed it wasn't about stopping COVID; they wanted revenue.

Sullivan's Seafood was a #### tragedy. One of the best in town.

That's the problem with these places as you cited. It's a bunch of out-of-towners who used to vacation there, and now they want to take it over and make it their own fiefdom now that they have relocated.

I have a proposal that would address that, the Upstate

Sep 14, 2020, 4:36 PM

is starting to see the same issues. Anywhere that has a large body of water is, I think.

Anyway, I don't think you should be able to vote in state or local elections until you've lived in the state for 5 years. Maybe longer. And your property taxes should be double what they are for locals for a period of time. Maybe make that 5 years, too. If they're going to move down here and change everything, might as well make them pay a little bit more for it.

Re: IOP, Sullivans and even Folly beach have all become

Sep 14, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to IOP, Sullivans and even Folly beach have all become ]

Sep 14, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other ]

I'm not sure how not allowing any chairs, coolers, or "shade

Sep 14, 2020, 4:16 PM

devices", and not allowing anyone to NOT be moving (ie standing) on the beach slows or prevents covid.

The fine, coincidentally, of doing any of those on Sullivan's is $1,040. The only thing I can say about those ordinances is at least they were posted and not in some obscure non-understandable text on a web site.

Sep 14, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not illegal to beach your boat on Hartwell or the other ]

I'm talking about after they could reopen. The actions happening down here by the three beach towns are excuses to shut out non-local traffic. IOP is especially trying to clamp down. The idea that they're going to force all non-residents to cram into the same two areas on the beach--to somehow stop COVID spread--is absurd. They literally have miles of beach and what used to be public parking to spread people out.

Sep 14, 2020, 5:48 PM

When did they go?

Sep 14, 2020, 10:02 PM

IOP implemented the parking regulations sometime around July 16 or so, so it depends on when they went. If they rented a house, they might have been given a temporary pass (or didn't need one if they could walk from the house).

The new IOP regulations are meant to keep out Mount Pleasant people and beyond.

Re: When did they go?

Sep 15, 2020, 12:14 AM

This is bullshat. This makes it appear that cops kill and

Sep 14, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I should have videotaped them harrassing me parking my ]

harass white people.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That can't possibly be true***

Sep 14, 2020, 3:23 PM

Ed Zachary.***

Sep 14, 2020, 3:45 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Word.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I should have videotaped them harrassing me parking my ]

A few points...

1. You've nailed the problem with all these discussions. Too many folks are viewing this as one size fits all, you're either with the cops or against them. Cops deal with a lot of BS every day, and I wouldn't want to do their job. How much BS they deal with depends on the location. I used to work with cops on a daily basis. North Charleston police? Man, I was amazed more of them didn't get seriously hurt or killed. Isle of Palms police? The most exciting day was often someone going 37 mph in a 35.

But what it boils down to are that most cops are good people; however, there are plenty of bad ones in the job. Labeling all cops as evil or demanding their funding cut is absurd, but anyone who blindly goes pro-all cops is just as ridiculous. If you are doing the latter, you're basically embracing abuse of power by bad cops AND embracing authoritarianism without realizing it.

I have mad respect for the police when it comes to situations like what the OP described. But there are many (again, I don't believe the majority) who put on the uniform who have no business there, and giving them a blind pass is only increasing this problem.

2. I was debating with a friend yesterday during football about this stuff, and he said you're fine if you just comply with the cops. I cited that exact Mesa/Shaver case you posted, IU, as evidence against that. That argument of "if you just obey" goes completely out the window. Sometimes you can still comply and get in trouble.

I argue with that same friend about telling cops we have firearms in the car when pulled over. He always tells them. I don't. I keep my docs in the console and my gun in the glove box. I don't believe it's the cop's business the gun is there, and I'm never going to consent to a search. And anyone can feel free to cite the laws to me, but that's what I'm sticking with. I'd rather them just think I'm a doofus who drove a little too fast (I usually also apologize for wasting their time when pulled for speeding; that usually just gets a warning).

3. Do good, decent cops sometimes make mistakes? Yes. Do those mistakes sometimes cost lives? Yes. Am I shocked they lie about it? Of course not. If a cop screws up and kills someone, he's not going to just rush to the front of the line to admit he made a deadly mistake. And that's how we've gotten in a lot of these problems; too many cover ups, too many twisted stories, etc. But ####, any attorney will tell them not to admit it.

But the system has allowed the bad ones to really get away with poor behavior. There's a Mt. Pleasant lieutenant right now who absolutely got away with killing his fiancee in 2003, or at least had something to do with it, and SLED botched the investigation so badly (originally labeled a suicide and then overturned by the coroner), it's too late to go back and look at evidence.

4. Driving your golf cart after dark?! Oh man, I'm glad we don't have those patrols in my neighborhood. I'd get a ticket for that and then some on my cart. Where was this?

We did have a woman a few years ago try to push the cops/HOA to crack down on our neighborhood for rogue golf cart riding and she was pretty much laughed out of the room.

I bet you’re a blast to watch a game with

Sep 14, 2020, 3:35 PM

You see, this is what my friends and I do...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:37 PM

We have intelligent, civil discussions about lots of issues, and can do it over beer, football, and whatever while still having a good time.

The stuff came up while observing some of the NFL players' demonstrations yesterday.

I'd even let you drink one of my wife's Truly drinks, T3.

Re: You see, this is what my friends and I do...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:50 PM

Dude, I would NEVER...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:51 PM

Give anyone a 14-point line on an NFL bet.

Always bet on Team Fascism***

Sep 14, 2020, 4:08 PM

I noted Molly Wrazen / Justin Hembree in my post.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Word. ]

I see he's a realtor now. I wonder if he'll kill you if you don't buy a house from him?

The golf cart crap is in my current hood in Brookgreen.

Sorry...

Sep 14, 2020, 4:06 PM

Don't know how I overlooked that. Yeah, that one stinks to hell. Mount Pleasant scrambled hard to keep that one quiet.

I can tell you that about three or four years ago, he was head of MPPD SWAT. Frightening. But I guess maybe that changed.

Maybe he can show new homeowners how to effectively stage a suicide to kill off fiancees/spouses who try to leave them.

Too bad i didn't have him as a realtor.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:18 PM

I'd ask him how to beat a murder wrap.

The guy who sold me my Tundra in 2018 was the MPPPD who recently got busted for being drunk in his cruiser sleeping by the airport.

Its a rough life being a MP PD cop.

Re: Word.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Word. ]

Anecdotal I know, but seems demographics does play a role in what happens between cops/citizens.

North Charleston vs IOP.

or am I reading it wrong

Sep 14, 2020, 4:08 PM

It could (and yeah, my post was very anecdotal). I think socio-economic comes into play. Richer communities = fewer residents committing crimes = fewer cops having to crack down. Or their departments make them avoid cracking down on the residents.

I think the socio-economic issues eventually lead to the racial conflicts among police and citizenry.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:13 PM

Sep 14, 2020, 4:18 PM

looks like you three all live in the Charleston area, I haven't been there since I graduated 25 years ago.

Maybe just a little...

Sep 14, 2020, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Word. ]

Unless, I guess, you're driving a golf cart at night.

Sep 14, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Word. ]

"You've nailed the problem with all these discussions. Too many folks are viewing this as one size fits all, you're either with the cops or against them."

Same could be said with about every issue. You don't agree with me 100%, you're a racist.

Or you hate kids, or you want to destroy the environment.

It gets old.

(Not you, just speaking in general)

should have sent a social worker***

Sep 14, 2020, 1:55 PM

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic