Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which of YOU could run the Presidency better..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 638

Which of YOU could run the Presidency better..

Jul 21, 2020, 11:06 PM

than Trump or Biden?

Come’on, raise your majestic hand!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, as much as I hate to say this, I think you could run

Jul 21, 2020, 11:26 PM

the country better than Trump or Biden.

You just posted on the right frickin board.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LbB FoR PoTu$!***

Jul 22, 2020, 5:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which of YOU could run the Presidency better..

Jul 21, 2020, 11:30 PM

I would be a great president, first I’d make myself dictator so I could get all of this implemented.

1. Flat tax rate, everyone pays the same %. No deductions, no b.s. small IRS.
2. Overtime pay, not taxed at all. Your 40 hrs taxed is your debt to society.
3. Abortion, don’t care. State’s problem.
4. Balanced budget by the deadline, or entire congress is scrapped for replacements.
5. Term limits, two terms. Can be elected again after break in service.
6. Decentralize DC. No reason congress can’t work from their state. No opportunity for podium grandstanding, make lobbying difficult.
7. Corporate tax rate dependent on number of U.S. workers. All U.S. workers, lowest rate.
8. Crackdown on immigration (just like every other country), but make the proper channels easier and cheaper to navigate (use former IRS workers)
9. Clemson Tigers officially America’s team

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasonable, especially the dictastor part...;~)***

Jul 22, 2020, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasonable, especially the dictastor part...;~)***

Jul 22, 2020, 7:51 PM

I’ll put you down as a “maybe” vote

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Which of YOU could run the Presidency better.. ]

yeah I must say I like that platform... not bad for a dictator at all.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 21, 2020, 11:37 PM

Probably everyone on this website.

Im pretty sure anyone here could do better than trump.

Jul 22, 2020, 1:14 AM

Maybe not Memphis, but he seems to have disappeared.

I would do an extremely poor job, compared to either.***

Jul 22, 2020, 7:23 AM

Not fbcouch***

Jul 22, 2020, 7:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJT did great. Until the moment demanded statesmanship.

Jul 22, 2020, 8:05 AM

A skill of which he is incapable.

COVID and racial justice have doomed him.

Most of us could do better job.

Biden isn’t in the job, so who knows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For three years you replied to every Trump thread

Jul 22, 2020, 8:15 AM

With stuff like “Maga!” And “go champ!”

Covid and “racial justice” made you turn on a dime? That’s extraordinary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, those were the first crises that weren’t

Jul 22, 2020, 8:20 AM

self-inflicted.

Liberals are oppressing.

Jul 22, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to For three years you replied to every Trump thread ]

I'm so oppressed I fear to speak out in support of Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who voted for Trump

Jul 22, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to DJT did great. Until the moment demanded statesmanship. ]

Went to a Trump rally. Stood 10 feet from him. And being a life long conservative, still to this day.

Yes to all of this. I can ignore his tweet storms. His BS. His personality I can ignore too. I tend to judge people on their actions. Until covid, his actions, what actually got done, was mostly acceptable. His rhetoric and personality notwithstanding. BUT, when confronted with adversity, his weakness shows clearly. Lash out and blame others (China), brag about fixing it (banning Chinese people from entering the US), then downplay severity, then lie about it, then shut down and hide from the problem. He can't control COVID, and he can't handle what he can't control.

I know exactly why he won in 2016 and it wasn't a surprise. But I also saw the danger in electing someone LIKE Trump. He is great at reading people, but horrid at persuading them. He reads people, then by force leads them. Our constitution was crafted with the knowledge at times people like Trump would run the executive branch. But the combination of an event like COVID and a man like Trump in the White House, and a Congress that has become what it has become, it's all very destabilizing. Hence the rise of the racial justice protests. Make no mistake, cops screw up every day, and have for countless decades. But 99.9% of them do their jobs admirably. And if you think for a second that one incident in Minneapolis caused months of unrest nationwide, you're missing the big picture.

And Trump knows this too. He sees what is happening, but doesn't realize he's a big part of the problem. Most people have lived long enough to know people like Trump. They're great at many things. Many are successful, in business, and in life. But they are also ones who fold under adversity, gaslight, and become all too transparent eventually. Trump literally doesn't know his weakness. He never will. But America does, and it's on full display. It's not his tweets. It's not his politics. It's his leadership. And bad leadership makes politics pointless.

America voted him into office on the issues. They will vote him out of office on his leadership. He had such a great shot at making real change too. He really did. But he's no great communicator, that's for sure. And no great communicator will ever rise in America on our current trajectory. Hence the riots and general lawlessness increasing. Heck, people speed now more on the interstates. It's a very broad breakdown of law and order happening. It has happened before. Our constitution helps us weather these storms. It will again as long as it is adhered to.

And no, Biden will not be any better. In fact, he will not solve anything. A reckoning is coming, and no politician will save us from our own mistakes. Our debt is closing in on $27 trillion. It climbed up well over $20 trillion WITHOUT COVID. And considering taxes have consistently taken in between 15-18% of GDP since World War 2, I don't see that changing much because the brackets are window dressing to play for votes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this right cheer^^^***

Jul 22, 2020, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As someone who voted for Trump

Jul 22, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to As someone who voted for Trump ]

What were Trump's mistakes with the virus and why should China not be blamed since they sucked up all the PPE on the globe while they exported the virus during which they lied and covered up the truth?

Where, exactly, did Trump go wrong in stopping the virus?

Jul 22, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to As someone who voted for Trump ]

The only place I disagree is that Trump IS a great communicator - you don't generate the fervor and allegiance without it. And you don't host a hit TV show without that trait either.

It's the message he communicates that has led to the breakdown. It is near impossible to lead through a crisis when all you know is drawing lines and dividing people, pitting folks against one another. He will continue to double down in this manner - not sure he's capable of anything different - and we'll be six months further behind before this is done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to As someone who voted for Trump ]

Tiggity, I agree with most of that.

I do kinda find it amusing when people point out the direction of things and the "reckoning" and such. perhaps there will be but just think EVERY generation has said that. Just think of all the events in the recent past and what people must have thought.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jul 22, 2020, 9:53 AM

KeoweeIndians® got it right with the smaller government part. It is going to be difficult to impossible to improve and even change things if the federal government continues to get larger.

Literally all of us

Jul 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

except Obed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

oh look, a regular Doritos fan.***

Jul 22, 2020, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A cantaloupe could do anything Biden can do...

Jul 22, 2020, 1:06 PM

and probably last as long.

A while back I remember you making a post

Jul 22, 2020, 1:12 PM

(as a reply to a topic of mine) that expressed regret for ridiculing and saying personally negative things about political leaders. Do you no longer feel this way?

Re: A while back I remember you making a post

Jul 22, 2020, 5:18 PM

But what if it’s true?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That wasn't a personal attack.

Jul 22, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to A while back I remember you making a post ]

Imo, VP Biden is close to being as much of a vegi as a carrot. Of course Pres. Trump is closer in color.

I guess we disagree on what that means.

Jul 23, 2020, 6:45 AM

To me, a non-personal criticism would be something like "The Vice President's policy on _____ is ineffective," or "The Vice President does not display effective leadership capabilities."

"Biden is a vegetable" does not sound the same, to me. But to each his own. Just thought about what you said a while ago, because I was so impressed by it at that time.

Replies: 27
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic