Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem

Mar 17, 2016, 7:54 AM

and just legalize and regulate the hell out of it just like tobacco. Prescription drugs and the like now thats a different story. Our guys shouldnt be caught with that stuff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem

Mar 17, 2016, 7:57 AM

Maybe a friends medicine cabinet fell open and stuff landed in his pocket. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you regulate something you can grow in your

Mar 17, 2016, 7:58 AM

Bathroom?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How do you regulate something you can grow in your

Mar 17, 2016, 8:01 AM

I demand what I buy not have been pooped around. I draw the line there. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every food that is grown is fertilized, what do you think

Mar 17, 2016, 9:56 AM

that is made of?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sodium nitrate***

Mar 17, 2016, 10:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can distill alcohol in your bathroom... so..***

Mar 17, 2016, 8:15 AM [ in reply to How do you regulate something you can grow in your ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point is Good

Mar 17, 2016, 8:23 AM

He makes a good point

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Point is Good

Mar 17, 2016, 8:24 AM

I never distilled alcohol in any toilet ...but I left a lotta booze in them ...and on them or near them .

DB23

And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle

Mar 17, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to You can distill alcohol in your bathroom... so..*** ]

to brew Than throw a seed in a bucket.

I grow tomatoes. .I buy beer.

Are you suggesting people will rather buy regulated, taxed marijuana instead of growing their own ?

I wouldn't. Heck if it were legal I'd have a plant in my living room right now. I'm not a big fan of cigaweed but I do like the way the plant looks. Much better looking than the crappy ficus tree that drops leaves all over your kitchen.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle

Mar 17, 2016, 8:49 AM

If your ficus is dropping leaves , make sure it isn't directly under a heating air duct , or near a floor register .
Also , ficus like a lot of indirect sunlight , and its never a bad idea to stick it outside a couple times a week when the nightime temps get above 50F.

DB23

I kicked mother trucker to the curb

Mar 17, 2016, 8:58 AM

Ain't nobody got time for no high maintenance ficus.

Mar 17, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle ]

> Are you suggesting people will rather buy regulated, taxed marijuana instead of growing their own ?

That's exactly what i'm saying yes. Regardless though, that's not really the point. The point is to stop demonizing it with this useless war on drugs. I personally don't care if someone wanted to grow their own, that's really none of my business and it's not hurting anyone.

Mar 17, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle ]

Yes the majority of weed smokers would much rather buy/smoke legal weed rather than growing your on like a moron would do. Just because you enjoy weed, that does not mean your incapable of making logical law abiding decisions. I guess you think all pot heads just like to break the law for the hell of it. SMDH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colorado Seems to be doing fine

Mar 17, 2016, 10:13 AM [ in reply to And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle ]

$70 million + in tax revenue the first year.

And their society has not changed one bit. Wow, it hasn't created a gateway for everyone to do heroin either. So basically all Anti-Pot rhetoric has been lies and propaganda. Shocker.

Alcohol kill total a gazillion.
Marijuana kill total still Zero.

Our country is run by idiots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I promise you the Guys who want to keep it illegal

Mar 17, 2016, 11:54 AM

Are those Guys making money of it now illegally in Colorado.

Why? Noone wants to take this risk except those people. At anytime the Fed can run in, Cease all their assests , and throw them in jail. .. and Colorado can't do a dang thing about it.

People seem to forget it is still federally illegal. Obama is turning a blind eye right now. That could end quickly.

If it is ever legalized, in colorado or any other state, the current growers/distributOrs will not be needed nearly as much.

Still... the question remains..... how you gonna regulate it?

There will be no incentive to buying regulated, taxed weed when it is so easy to grow yourself.

If it is ever legalized I hope the non smoking in public rules get more strict. Light up in your own hizzouse.

Re: I promise you the Guys who want to keep it illegal

Mar 17, 2016, 12:08 PM

I want to keep it illegal and I have NEVER MADE ONE PENNY OFF THAT JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One man's junk is another man's treasure...***

Mar 17, 2016, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true

Mar 17, 2016, 3:13 PM

@cutigerbob's junk is several other men's treasure

What's your reasoning?***

Mar 17, 2016, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I promise you the Guys who want to keep it illegal ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I promise you the Guys who want to keep it illegal

Mar 17, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to I promise you the Guys who want to keep it illegal ]

why buy cigarettes when you can grow the tobacco yourself? Convenience.

I like your funny words magic man

It's remained illegal due to lobbying of tobacco companies,

Mar 17, 2016, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Colorado Seems to be doing fine ]

pharmaceutical companies, and the revenue generated for law enforcement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

most of the "legal" states allow

Mar 17, 2016, 12:13 PM [ in reply to And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle ]

you to grow a few plants.

it's not exactly as easy as throwing a seed in a bucket and calling it a day.

i brew beer and it's a hobby, but a helluva lot easier to go buy a sixer at the store.

of course people will push the limit on the grows and possession laws, but overall the good would outweigh that. same as public intox, DUI, open container etc.

If pot were legal you could buy it cheaper than your....

Mar 17, 2016, 5:18 PM [ in reply to And people do. Still. . It is far more of a hassle ]

added electrical expense. Cheaper than carrying water during the dry spells and they won't take your property and slam your ### for manufacturing pot. You could ruin a party of 10 people with 20 dollars worth of legal pot. It's that good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can distill alcohol in your bathroom... so..***

Mar 17, 2016, 10:51 AM [ in reply to You can distill alcohol in your bathroom... so..*** ]

Uh, alcohol is legal.

It was illegal at one time and the government realized it caused more problems. So they legalized it again. Thus proving the point marijuana should be legal.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

cocaine and beating your wife were also legal

Mar 17, 2016, 11:38 AM

Bad argument. Bad point.

Re: cocaine and beating your wife were also legal

Mar 17, 2016, 11:53 AM

Cocaine is debatable if it should be illegal. Personally I think nothing should be illegal when it comes to drugs. Mainly because the war on drugs is futile and not working. People who want to get high are going to get high.

Beating your wife...come on. Completely different and harming others should be illegal.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

post/handle combo is great***

Mar 17, 2016, 12:19 PM

It's too cheap to mess with running a still.

Mar 17, 2016, 5:14 PM [ in reply to You can distill alcohol in your bathroom... so..*** ]

A still big enough to make the effort worth while is going to stink to high heaven. Somebody, somewhere will smell the mash and rat you out. You can buy a liter of white lightening for about ten or twelve dollars, 90+ proof. I doubt you could run a batch that has that kick at home. Plus, the first off will burn in your car. A percentage of that is waste.

The remainder has to be boxed like mixed batches of paint to get consistency of power and flavor. I was raise in Tennessee on the side of a mountain, so yeah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple, just make growing it at home illegal.

Mar 17, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to How do you regulate something you can grow in your ]

That would put a stop to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Imagine if mold on grout got you high.

Mar 17, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to How do you regulate something you can grow in your ]

The police would have to have a "scrubbing bubbles" task force!

They have done a good job with moonshine.

Mar 17, 2016, 5:09 PM [ in reply to How do you regulate something you can grow in your ]

Only the professional pot grower can match the quality of a government inspected pot field. Don't ask how I know. I grew up smoking homegrown. I smoked Gold bud grown on The Cumberland Plateau and some chit grown by a farmer locally here in the upstate. They were top ten but the best, one toke chit I ever smoked came from Cali and was prescription grade stuff.

The pot is so cheap and the quality is so high that only a fool would risk his property, freedom and money growing that which he could buy at the neighborhood Quik Mart at give away prices.

I quit fooling with all the chit decades ago but I'm all for open market for pot. It will save the teenagers a ton of Papa's money and empty the prisons. So what if we've got a generation of lazy young priks running around after pot becomes common, it's not as if they aren't already laying around and sucking off the government anyway. At least now we'll collect taxes off their pot. :)

Opiates are the lifeline of Big Pharma. Money > Policy.***

Mar 17, 2016, 8:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do your part and never buy prescribtion drugs***

Mar 17, 2016, 3:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 8:31 AM

Vote TRUMP and he will have those guys build us a wall to keep out most of the drugs. Just saying. Not sure why people cannot see easy solutions to big problems.

Mar 17, 2016, 9:01 AM

I'm very interested to hear how you know the wall would be this effective. The wall isn't going to stop airplanes, boats or tunnels.

> Not sure why people cannot see easy solutions to big problems.

That's because this is an almost cartoonish solution to the problem. It's like slapping a big ole band-aid on and not solving the real issue.

Walls dont work. That's why there's not one around the White

Mar 17, 2016, 10:03 AM

House.

Or Fort Knox.
Or Guantanamo Bay.

Oh, wait...

Oh, but unless something is 100% effective and completely impenetrable it should not be done. Stemming a flow from millions to only a few thousand with the temerity, dexterity, and wherewithal to overcome it is just not worth it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walls dont work. That's why there's not one around the White

Mar 17, 2016, 11:55 AM

Totally different. Those walls are manned and guarded with people who have rifles.

We have to factor in the cost to man the wall across the ENTIRE border. Unrealistic.

Mar 17, 2016, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

A locked car door won't stop a theif from busting the window either....

But I bet you still lock your doors when you go in Walmart don't you?

Mar 17, 2016, 2:53 PM

So drug smuggling is analogous to breaking into my home?

Locking my door quite a bit easier to achieve than a wall thousands of miles long that would have to be manned to be effective. We would end up spending billions on building the thing much less maintaining and patrolling it.

If you could show me that building this wall would put a sizable dent in the drug smuggling then I could get on board but we are currently only stopping a tiny fraction of the drugs entering the US. This wall would only stop a fraction more but at a huge price.

If we wanted real change we would take a look at the insane war on drug policies. The war on drugs itself is a major cause in driving up the price and there for creates a huge incentive for drug cartels to smuggle drugs. That will never end. You will also never get rid of the demand for drugs.

Look at the states and countries that decriminalize or even legalize drugs and see the benefits. Not only could we not spend money on walls that won't work, we could actually turn a huge profit.

Mar 17, 2016, 3:00 PM

I think weed should be legal but not cocaine or heroin and that's where it's coming from. Not only that but the illegal workforce drives down wages and reduces the number of jobs available to legal citizens.

I can't prove to you how effective the wall would be but common sense should tell you it would help. It would greatly the reduce the number of ways and places that people could get in and that will help the border patrol tremendously.

Mar 17, 2016, 3:02 PM

And that's where the analogy to you locking your car and house comes in....

You don't say well someone will figure out how to break in anyway if they want so I'll just leave the door wide open tonight....

Mar 17, 2016, 3:11 PM

I didn't misunderstand your analogy I'm saying it's comparing apples and oranges.

No one wants the wall if we have to pay for it.

Mar 17, 2016, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

That's why Trump added the line have Mexico pay for it.

Mar 17, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

> I think weed should be legal but not cocaine or heroin and that's where it's coming from.

I'm not suggesting we sell cocaine/heroin at the corner store but take a look at Portugal for example, they decriminalized those drugs and drug use went DOWN. How does making it illegal and locking people up for it help exactly? It doesn't, but is sure does pad the pockets of private prison investors.

> Not only that but the illegal workforce drives down wages and reduces the number of jobs available to legal citizens.

Citation needed.

> I can't prove to you how effective the wall would be but common sense should tell you it would help.

I'm not debating that it wouldn't help on some level. Putting an obstacle in the way would surely slow some of it down. I'm saying that the cost/benefit ration is simply way to high.

>It would greatly the reduce the number of ways and places that people could get in and that will help the border patrol tremendously.

Why not let these people work here legally and pay taxes? You don't have to make them citizens but they are here and a lot of them are very hard working. Let them help us.

Mar 17, 2016, 3:27 PM

> I'm not suggesting we sell cocaine/heroin at the
> corner store but take a look at Portugal for example,
> they decriminalized those drugs and drug use went
> DOWN. How does making it illegal and locking people
> up for it help exactly? It doesn't, but is sure does
> pad the pockets of private prison investors.

I think there's definetely should be a change in how the legal system handles drug offenses but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting to keep drugs particularly the bad ones like cocaine and heroin out.

> Citation needed.

What do you need a citation for? It's common sense. 11 million illegals who are willing to work much cheaper than they should is going to drive down wages. Go at look at what entry level positions pay on construction and service industry jobs.

> I'm not debating that it wouldn't help on some level.
> Putting an obstacle in the way would surely slow some
> of it down. I'm saying that the cost/benefit ration
> is simply way to high.

According to Trump the trade deficit with Mexico and the amount of money we lose supporting all the illegals once it's corrected will more than make up for it.

> Why not let these people work here legally and pay
> taxes? You don't have to make them citizens but they
> are here and a lot of them are very hard working. Let
> them help us.

I wouldn't be against letting the people that haven't broken the law while they were here stay. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't secure the border.

our domestic weed

Mar 17, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

has caused the cartels to send other products.

the pill mills handing out opiates like candy created the addiction and the cartels are now filling the void left by the restrictions on said drugs with a cheaper alternative, heroin.

Mar 17, 2016, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

^^Oh Grasshopper - one must close eyes and open ears to learn. The road is long young Grasshopper.

you're high***

Mar 17, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 17, 2016, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This country needs to put an end to this marijuana problem ]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 12:33 PM

As long as lawyers get rich, gov gets rich, law enforcement get rich and ins companies get rich off of alcohol and dope, don't expect much change in the laws.

Which insurance companies are getting rich off alcohol & pot?

Mar 17, 2016, 9:17 PM

The health insurance companies? Auto insurance? Homeowner's? Alcohol & dope certainly aren't causing less claims, probably more. So I would say alcohol & dope probably cost the insurance companies, not increase their profits.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which insurance companies are getting rich off alcohol & pot?

Mar 17, 2016, 9:36 PM

A few opinions on various posts...

I'm not a big advocate of the over-prescribing of opiates (which is rampant), but no one is getting rich off that or any other generic drug. When a pharma company makes, or a pharmacy sells hydrocodone/oxy/codeine/etc, there is close to zero profit in it. Nor are doctors incentivized to prescribe it. So money and corporate greed is not driving the legal channels.

Also I was in Colorado last month. It's not anarchy, planes aren't falling out of the sky, people aren't walking around pulling an Uma.

If pot is illegal then so should poison ivy. Everybody hates poison ivy

Mar 17, 2016, 3:32 PM

It's kind of stupid to regulate a plant. How about making the coffee plant illegal. It's killed way more people than weed. So has sugar cane, so that should also be illegal. Number of people that have od'd on weed = 0.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic