Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which defense should be worried more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 954

Which defense should be worried more

Aug 18, 2013, 9:25 AM

UGA giving up the big plays or Clemson with the mutts running the ball against a still young defense?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Re: Which defense should be worried more

Aug 18, 2013, 9:47 AM

If we can not stop the run we lose!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 9:49 AM

I hope to see our NCState games Offense and our LSU games Defense

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Aug 18, 2013, 10:08 AM

Yes we lose when our defense struggles and allows long drives. Our offense gets off pace and cant find the groove because defense cant get them back on the field.

See the 2nd half of FSU and SCar last season. 2nd half went sour when offense had a few bad drives and defense couldnt stop anything leading to long clock zapping drives that left Tajh and Co standing on the sideline.

In contrast to the LSU game when the defense kept getting LSU off the field which gave the O more chances to strike.

If our defense keeps making strides and doesnt have a step back in this game, we should be fine. AMurray will make some noise but if the D can get some stops in the 2nd half I think we will win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 10:10 AM

Well, I look at it this way. LSwho didn't run over our guys and they've developed their bodies for 8 months since then. Our LBs are back to full stregnth to meet anything that get through.

AM will get a few passes off on timing plays to his TE and every now and again one of the backs will shoot the end round and gain a good bit but the speed of our secondary will keep them from hitting the big run.

I guess I'm picking uGAY for the defense with the most problems.

Tajh, every receiver on our roster, anybody who plays TE for Clemson and three or four guys out of the backfield catching passes will end uGAY's hopes for a MNC this year. That doesn't included HotRod gaining 100+ yards on the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 10:34 AM

I would say right now our D, if you think about it we only had 1 game last year in which the D played well. LSU's O is not Uga's O. We have to stop the run, I think we win but it will be high scoring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 1:22 PM

If the Tigers are able to run over 80 plays with some big plays added in UGA-D going to have a long day.
SEC-D's are not set up to running all out for 60 min

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 954
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic