Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players

Oct 22, 2019, 5:51 PM

Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players

Old Twinkletoes has turned into one of the nation’s best players. Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons is putting together the type of season that earns a player All-American honors and a hefty paycheck when the NFL comes calling.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which Tigernetter is Twinkletoes?***

Oct 22, 2019, 6:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which Tigernetter is Twinkletoes?***

Oct 22, 2019, 7:40 PM

I don’t know if Clemson has ever had a player as versatile as 11. He reminds me of two players: George Webster and Lawrence Taylor. If you are too young to have seen these guys play, check to see if YouTube has some. Simmons is a defensive game changer.

Re: Which Tigernetter is Twinkletoes?***

Oct 24, 2019, 10:31 AM

Andy Headen. Similar story. Came in as a QB recruit at something like 6’3” and 195 lbs but because of his incredible athleticism and desire and the fact we had 2 good QBs ahead of him, they converted him to a defensive player whose role was very much like Simmons’ this year. Watching him develop from a skinny QB recruit to a starting linebacker in the NFL was fantastic!

Re: TNET: Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players

Oct 22, 2019, 8:20 PM

We are really going to miss him next year

Re: TNET: Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players

Oct 22, 2019, 9:30 PM

You know, I'm still missing Levon Kirkland, who looks and sounds like he could still put his pads on and play, but we always seem to have guys that come in and step up and meet the challenge - like Mr. Simmons. God bless him, and all true orange blooded Tigers!!!

Let's roar now!

Oct 23, 2019, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Twinkletoes no more: Isaiah Simmons is one of the nation's best players ]

Yes, we will miss him but just take a look at Mike Jones and the studs coming in January 2020. Burch, Bresee, etc.
it looks like we just picked who we wanted and we took all the best ones!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 23, 2019, 7:21 AM

Also when it comes to midseason picks by the media of the best players at their respected positions, Simmons is never mention by no one at linebacker. A head scratcher, though not surprised since it's a media pick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 2:31 PM

No one picks him as one of the top LBs, cause #11 is not a LB! He plays that position for us, but he is a safety playing LB. I think he could play any position on the defense other than DT and still be all ACC.
Is there an award for best defensive player? I would pick him for that.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic