Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which OL do we close on?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,266

Which OL do we close on?

Jul 12, 2018, 11:24 PM

Our board is getting thin with prospects

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which OL do we close on?

Jul 12, 2018, 11:37 PM

Your guess is as good as anyone's. I thought we had a good chance with Keiondre Jones, but he looks to be a Aweburn lean. I'd say the only solid lean we'd have is Avery Reese, but I'd surly love to land Clay Webb. Webb is an animal in the middle.....which means Bama will pay dearly for him!

Jul 12, 2018, 11:59 PM

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd say of the currently offered players, Cooper Dawson (#96 OT, #999 Nationally) or Avery Reece (Unranked OC). Both of them are local in-state products where the Clemson offer is overwhelmingly the best offer either of them had. I don't know much about either of them, but there isn't much other than them. It should be noted that 247 is very high on Dawson (#394 Nationally) despite a bad composite. Dawson also was a DE and TE last season, but we are recruiting him as an OT. Maybe a "hidden gem" type, but I doubt it.

Other than that I'd say any guess is a pretty big reach. Webb would be a dream, but let's be real, he's a 5* player at a position we don't recruit very well out of Alabama and they are firing on all cylinders this cycle. There's just no feasible chance we get him, even if he does like it. I've seen Will Putnam and Jakai Moore's name out there, but those are pretty off-the-wall guesses.

Realistically we're going to fill the class with players who haven't been offered yet.

Jul 13, 2018, 12:08 AM

Hoping and praying we swoop in and steal one or two. Would love a surprise like Carman last cycle. We better be ready to load the wagon next cycle...as we lose 5 OL to graduation next year

Jul 13, 2018, 1:01 AM

We seemed distinctly more "in it" with recruits last cycle on the offensive line than this season. Even though Carman was a surprise, the first Clemson crystal ball he had was all the way back in April of 2017.

We're gonna need a miracle to pull any top offensive lineman.

Jul 13, 2018, 1:38 AM

The number 1 center Clay Webb a 5 star is our 1st target and he is the mold of a faith, family, and love guy that loves to play football. He has a shot to be the best lineman ever at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 13, 2018, 1:46 AM

Alright, but he's visited Alabama at least 4 times this year alone and there's no sign of him wanting to go anywhere else. I'm not sure why so many people get caught up on him to be honest because (at least in the meantime) there isn't much there. His one visit in the past year to Clemson was at the camp where he made clear that he didn't want to be recruited, he wanted to be coached.

Jul 13, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Which OL do we close on? ]

Even though it is a long shot Webb's mom does like Clemson because Bates used to coach at Oxford. She knows him very well and likes him. I'm not sure the kid will leave the state, but UGA has Pittman pressing hard. He has not set his 5 official visits yet, so that could give some insight.

My OL is set..good to go***

Jul 13, 2018, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,266
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic