Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot at work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Coot at work

Dec 5, 2013, 7:20 AM

This morning coot at work said " I was going to bring you a turnover to eat this morning since you gave me 5 on Saturday. Oh well I will get a 6 pack from you next football season...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot at work

Dec 5, 2013, 7:38 AM

tell him you will bring him a major "bowl" tomorrow since he has never been to one in 122 years.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:45 AM

ooo sick burn!

Another history professor eh? The playoff system will have all of ya'll whining more than you do now, considering your weak ### conference might only be able to put FSU in it.

Yes, last Saturday is history***

Dec 5, 2013, 7:47 AM

How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,,

Dec 5, 2013, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot at work ]

...coots could only look to history to find some wins. Remember that we've seen 9 out of 10, 4 in a row, 45-0, and 63-17 (both in your house) just in my short lifetime.

What you fail to recognize is coot football began in 2009.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:53 AM

They don't acknowledge anything else.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,,

Dec 5, 2013, 7:59 AM [ in reply to How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,, ]

Quite impressive victories I might add as well. I was just pointing out that all the tiggers I know seems to be grasping at strawman arguments and claiming moral victories.
I tell one of my tiglet coworkers good game ya'll look strong and he tells me to "F off" we "own you in the series" and "we beat ourselves" which seems ever so funny to me considering I didnt see tahj hand the ball to anyone as much as I seen it was taken from him. Turnovers are a part of the game, they are the intangibles that allows one team to claim victory over another. Now if say tahj has a gambling problem,like so many seem to claim, and he beat the house on us, then I would agree with the term "we beat ourselves"
But since the turnovers were forced... "you didnt beat yourselves, e beat you by forcing turnovers" that is as simple as I can put that logically for you to try and understand.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:13 AM [ in reply to How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,, ]

I disagree. When those streaks/games were current/intact, I certainly recognized them. Why? Because they were current. If you win 9 of 10 you have dominated a decade and it is certainly brag worthy. Same as the 4-0 stretch under Whitehurst/Bowden from 2002-05.

But during an 0-5 stretch, it seems sad to point out records from 10/15/20 years ago. I'm sure many Gamecock fans you know used to look way back in the past for their "ammunition", just as many Clemson fans do now. Both are sad and pathetic.

When you are doing something you have always done, its called tradition. When you used to do something, but don't do it now, its called ancient history.

"look way back in the past for ammunition"?

Dec 5, 2013, 8:27 AM

There was nowhere to look, "in the past". THIS is the glory of #### football.

Now, I know how they have felt, all their pitiful lives.

Re: "look way back in the past for ammunition"?

Dec 5, 2013, 8:28 AM

No, you know how we USED to feel.

thus the use of "felt" that's past tense

Dec 5, 2013, 8:33 AM

you can get that kind of stuff in grad school at coot u I believe...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try to be right when you correct someone.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

Using "felt" alone would indicate the past. Saying "have felt" is a use of the present-perfect tense. I shouldn't explain this, since you are obviously well-educated, but present-perfect tense doesn't indicate a specific time. Your example uses a non-continuous verb.Therefore, it is taken to mean that not only did it happen in the past, but it continues to this day. So, it is taken as a present action/condition.

I learned that in middle school.

that is incorrect

Dec 5, 2013, 2:18 PM

I am not surprised

Re: that is incorrect

Dec 5, 2013, 3:20 PM

Really? Perhaps you can offer an in-depth explanation of the grammatical rules, as I did, instead of hoping that telling someone they are wrong will carry your argument. Surely someone who takes the time to play grammar-Nazi knows the language inside-and-out.

Facts, not pig-headed stubbornness, support an argument.

You guys will never shake the inferiority complex.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: "look way back in the past for ammunition"? ]

Never.

Dec 5, 2013, 2:55 PM [ in reply to How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,, ]

Just curious, how did you get 9 out of 10 if they haven't won more than 4 in a row since the 40's? Tater math?

1997 through 2008. How's that for math, coot?***

Dec 5, 2013, 4:24 PM

Wait....that's 8 out of 10.....still pretty much owned.***

Dec 5, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,, ]

Or maybe 10 out of 12? Getting worse for coots every time.***

Dec 5, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How is it that when we were winning 9 out of 10,,,,,, ]

ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters

Dec 5, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot at work ]

as they do now. All SEC HOMERS are gonna be shocked when the new system doesn't give preference to the SEC SEC SEC like the BCS system has since ESPN signed their first SEC contract in 2008.Stay tuned, the playing field will be leveled...........................

Re: ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters

Dec 5, 2013, 8:09 AM

I agree it will be leveled. All these automatic bids from these weak ### conferences wont get a huge payday at the end of the year for playing scrub teams all season.

Like I said, stay tuned, it will not be how you think***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:10 AM

scrub teams like???

Dec 5, 2013, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters ]

Arkansas, Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, Tennessee, Florida?

Re: scrub teams like???

Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 AM

more like Wake, BC, NCST, and Virginia.

So......Just like.***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:50 AM

ESPN votes?***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:13 AM [ in reply to ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters ]

Learn to read and comprehension ..

Dec 5, 2013, 8:19 AM

They don't and won't vote, what WILL change is their influence. The coaches poll is also a joke, in that while coaches know the most, there's not a single coach in the nation that can watch any games besides his own and the film of teams he plays. THE SEC MYTH will be BUSTED wide open under the new system.

"Learn to read and comprehension." Well put.***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:54 AM

Re: ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters

Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to ESPN won't be voting and putting pressure on the voters ]

You may not realize it but we in the SEC will be more than happy to see the BCS format gone. The limit two per conference has really kept us down. Look for at least two SEC teams in the playoffs next year.

Tell him "how about a high five right now"?

Dec 5, 2013, 7:39 AM

Then deck him with an uppercut,

ask him if he can spell "bcs", that'll keep him busy for a

Dec 5, 2013, 7:40 AM

few hours.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give him a set of UNO cards...

Dec 5, 2013, 7:52 AM

in honor of how many championships the coots have.

*Not counting spring game and preseason National Championships

Mrsinister

Dec 5, 2013, 8:03 AM

Leans in, *sniff
"you stink“

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open

Dec 5, 2013, 8:05 AM

until bowl selection Sunday.He'll know whatcha mean.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open

Dec 5, 2013, 8:07 AM

I really am hoping clemson gets a BCS bowl bid. I really enjoyed the WVU/clemson bowl game, ya'll guys made history that night. I am hoping for ya'll to get the Orange bowl with Bama. /cheers

Dec 5, 2013, 8:16 AM

Same to ya--hope you handle Iowa a little better than the last time you met--cheers!

Dec 5, 2013, 8:23 AM

No doubt, I was actually hoping for Duke considering the story arc with Spurrier and all that. But it looks like we will draw another B1G school.

FTR (For the record, just incase you are slow with acronyms) I have no issue owning up to our past and the fact that the past century has been mediocre at best for the Gamecocks. Question is, can you and the rest of your kind handle the fact that the times have changed and that clemson seems to be slowing down in the current race of relevancy? Clinging to the past won't comfort you for long.

we lost to two top 10 teams. who did y'all lose to ? now,

Dec 5, 2013, 8:26 AM

what were you saying about relevancy?

SC beat 3 current top 15 teams. Who did Clemson beat again?***

Dec 5, 2013, 10:18 AM

SEC musical chairs....***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open ]

Not clinging to the past here at all.But if we wanted to talk history and tradition,I can assure you it would go back more than five years.And in the light of not living in the past,I will be cheering you on when you pick up Auburn and LSU next year.Since you guys have risen to great heights now,do you think you will beat LSU or Auburn.I'll anxiously await your return after you play them.

We rode around in the top 10, all season long.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open ]

Yeah, we are no longer relevant unless, you are considering that us losing to the cawks was beyond embarrassing. After all, we did lose to a team that got beat by Tennessee.

And enjoy your trip to Orlando-I'm sure you know the way.***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open ]

too bad we couldn't quite match your SEC Championship effort

Dec 5, 2013, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Give him a gift certificate to Outback--just put do not open ]

we did come close though. It wasn't the biggest game in our programs history though, like the Auburn game was for you.

Which McDonalds do you work at?***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:27 AM

Re: Which McDonalds do you work at?***

Dec 5, 2013, 8:35 AM

I work at the chic fil a on clemson's campus.

So do you go to Clemson?***

Dec 5, 2013, 9:01 AM

Re: So do you go to Clemson?***

Dec 5, 2013, 9:07 AM

Been there once or twice, looks strikingly familiar to that Auburn school down in Alabama. Other than visiting friends and sleeping with a few of your coeds, I have no ties to the campus other than slapping a few USC stickers on top of iptay parking stickers on cars at the clemson house while i was there. I did enjoy the lil cook your own food at that asian restaurant ya'll have down at the stoplight.

Alright then...***

Dec 5, 2013, 9:40 AM

Re: Which McDonalds do you work at?***

Dec 5, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Which McDonalds do you work at?*** ]

cupton®

Which McDonalds do you work at?***
Posted: Dec 5, 2013 8:27 AM

The same McDonalds that hires people who end sentences in a preposition.

Queen

Dec 5, 2013, 8:28 AM

to make it funny?

lol, poor sad little gamecock

Dec 5, 2013, 8:39 AM

You really think Clemson's relevancy is declining because of a couple losses? You really think too much of gamecock football. Next you will say bama's relavency is declining.
Clemson was ranked in the top 10 most of the year and had 2 game say appearances in spite of 4 straight losses to south Carolina. You think a 5th will suddenly change that?
Clemson doesn't have the notoriety of more #### but they are sure a heckuv far from being Vanderbilt. Florida had its worst year in decades but will still be relevant in 14.
You need to start using that brain of yours. Stop relying on the old ball sack to do your thinking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: lol, poor sad little gamecock

Dec 5, 2013, 8:44 AM

#decline

#chadmorrisgone

#chadkellyturriblerapper

Decline?Does that mean you aren't going to accept your

Dec 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

bid to the Outback since you have become so relevant?

Moral victories are for coots.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to lol, poor sad little gamecock ]

Like the last twenty plus years in the SEC. All you hear is "our schedule is so tough in the SEC" and "the SEC is the best conference". "We're really good because we play in the SEC". Stuff like that from Coots.

One division championship in over twenty years. I guess your moral victory was getting killed by Auburn in the Championship game. And the coots schedule was cake this year. They played no one good from the West and Mizzou misses a chip shot field goal in double overtime.

And don't talk about the "weak" ACC. Coots were also in the ACC for twenty plus years and won it once. Good post earlier - Coot football history started in 2009. There is no history before that.

Let them enjoy their little win streak. We should have won the last two years. We're right there and the world will be back the way it used to be before long.

Re: Moral victories are for coots.

Dec 5, 2013, 9:00 AM

> Like the last twenty plus years in the SEC. All you
> hear is "our schedule is so tough in the SEC" and
> "the SEC is the best conference". "We're really good
> because we play in the SEC". Stuff like that from
> Coots.

Seems like solid facts as opposed to moral victories, but hey to each his own. But no need to chest thump about the BCS when there is a 2 team limit per conference.

We are known for crapping the bed at least once a year no doubt about it, I believe the accepted term is "clemsoning" or "pulling a clemson". I would say if we were known for it that much it would be called "USCing" or something like that. Anywho, we will see ya'll in DV next year and Dylan Thompson can continue "Gamecocking" ya'lls defense.

I will give him credit - that is pretty funny and he knows

Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 AM

they won because we beat ourselves. I hate hate hate losing to them but I am confident that we had (and will have) the talent and coaching to beat them.

Dec 5, 2013, 10:02 AM

Bunch of losers posting ITT

You work at a gas station, too?***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic