Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A/T tire question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 515

A/T tire question

Jan 21, 2020, 7:39 PM

I am a firm believer in BF Good A/T KO’s. Have had a set on every SUV I have owned, except the FJ has Mickey Thompson’s......for a reason.

I do not think that the TRD 4Runner’s look good with KO’s. I just think it cheapens the car a bit.

The TRD Premium comes with Nitto Terra Grappler which look good but a little redneck/normal

Thoughts and opinions on A/T Tires?

Any of you had good experience with other brands?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are those the Tree House of tires...

Jan 21, 2020, 7:40 PM

or the Hopslams?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am the PBR of tires guy.

Jan 21, 2020, 7:44 PM

Michelin. or whatever is on sale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have some Mesa right now...

Jan 21, 2020, 7:47 PM

and they've been fire.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am the PBR of tires guy.

Jan 21, 2020, 7:47 PM [ in reply to I am the PBR of tires guy. ]

I can get down with this if they look good. I only put 8-10k on a car a year so I can handle cheap but effective.

Disclaimer, we got 10” of snow and the H/T Michelin’s worked like a charm. These 4 Runners are amazing in weather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheapens????

Jan 21, 2020, 7:47 PM

Naw dawg. KO’s are my jam too. If you’re looking for less aggressive tread just get a Michelin LTX A/T

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheapens????

Jan 21, 2020, 7:48 PM

You like it? I am surprised.

Probably bought 8-10 sets of KO/KO2’s in my life

Jan 21, 2020, 7:51 PM

Best A/T tire on the market.

Unfortunately BFG realized it and started pricing them at a premium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many sets could be balanced the first time?

Jan 22, 2020, 12:46 PM

Not sure what their deal is, but they are the worst balancing tire available.

I'm partial to Toyo/Nitto. Same tire company.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just roll up into Walmart and ask for some dookie tires.

Jan 21, 2020, 7:50 PM

They’ll get you through any ####.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You actually having a conversation about tires?

Jan 21, 2020, 7:51 PM

Shlt man, go ahead and pull the plug.

I keed I keed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz! Says the dude that’s 10 minutes away

Jan 21, 2020, 7:53 PM

From smoking a fattie and posting Emerson Lake and Palmer live clips all night. ??

He's already posting about Oscar noms.***

Jan 21, 2020, 7:53 PM

Where’s Joe Cobb when I need him?***

Jan 21, 2020, 7:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where’s Joe Cobb when I need him?***

Jan 21, 2020, 8:00 PM

truth, and funny.

Jan 21, 2020, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Where’s Joe Cobb when I need him?*** ]

not many post more geezer music youtubes than me, but you're in first place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michelin at Costco

Jan 21, 2020, 7:54 PM

LDR tires at UDP prices

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I don't buy tires based on the perception of "the look"

Jan 21, 2020, 8:05 PM

I buy the best tire for the intended use. If you need a great A/T tire, buy the one that performs best A/T. If you need the best poser tire, buy the one that looks the best. And I buy the tire that my guy I've been dealing with for more than 20 years recommends. I was a customer there before he got there, and we bonded over guys we both knew in the auto parts biz. The Ass't manager lives around the corner and we know a lot of the same peeps. That gets me a decent price, and a lot of free stuff, and manager discretion on any issue I have. Last time I had a delay in my service (the lift my car was on broke- stuck lifted), my guy said, take my car, I'll call you later. Not the first time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't buy tires based on the perception of "the look"

Jan 21, 2020, 8:18 PM

This was the longest post I have ever read and said, yup, that was literally a post about nothing.

Congrats.

Still a TU tho.

that's pretty much all my posts.

Jan 21, 2020, 8:33 PM

your post seemed to be basing buying decision on looks. That's not how I pick tires. I pick tires based on that say-nothing post.

I just bought new Cooper tires for my '12 4Runner. Bought them due to drivel above, never owned Cooper. I'm in the mtns of Va and have a 450 ft gravel driveway up a hill. When we get snow, it drifts into my driveway due to prevailing wind and terrain. I don't offroad for fun, but do just in life here. I gotta get down my driveway and through a 1/4 mi gravel road out to pavement. I also run into other sketchy situations just by living in rural Va mtns. I don't give a flip about what they look like, I want smooth, quiet, long life, and better that street tire performance offroad/snow.

Re: that's pretty much all my posts.

Jan 21, 2020, 8:45 PM

Looks and performance can go hand in hand. I would rather pay a little more and get both

Especially when we get the snow totals we have seen the past two years.

you ever have a tire store manager let you take his car

Jan 21, 2020, 11:00 PM

due to a delay in your service?

That's something to figure into the price/quality/service matrix.

Re: you ever have a tire store manager let you take his car

Jan 21, 2020, 11:14 PM

No. I have a classic and a late model in storage. So I will just take an Uber and drive those for a couple days.

Jerk comment. I know. My bad.

I get what you are saying. I am with you man. Just a difference in opinion. But I respect and get your point.

Brother, let me help you out.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:25 PM

I agree, AT/KO is the cat's meow for all terrain tires, BUT

I am pretty dang cheap and wasn't willing to fork out the $$$ for the BFG's.

I went with the General Grabber AT2's. Those things are killer.

I've had two sets on my dakota, and convinced 2 guys at work to buy them as well. We all LOVE these tires. You'd swear that we were paid spokesmen.

They're much cheaper than BFG, look very similar, function wonderfully, heavy ply, and list FOREVER. I swear I got upwards of 60K miles on each set I've owned. My buddies at work concur.

They're the best AT tire, bar none.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Jah, I'm with ya on the BFG KOs

Jan 22, 2020, 12:44 PM

Loved them. The new truck came withi Nittos I believe. Not the grapplers, but probably some sort of cheaper version. They ok, nothing special. I only got about 4K miles on them so far though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A/T tire question

Jan 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

Cooper A/T3. American owned, American made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get a discount if I shave my head, grow a goatee, wear

Jan 22, 2020, 6:57 PM

a pair of those weird square-toe shoes, drink overpriced beer, and cook my ribeye steaks in a plastic bag?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Can I get a discount if I shave my head, grow a goatee, wear

Jan 22, 2020, 7:13 PM

Yes...........no

What are you talking about?

I have no idea. I have too big a buzz. I think I was trying to

Jan 22, 2020, 7:19 PM

be a hipster, perhaps? My bad, I apologize in advance. Or in arrears. Whatever. Carry on. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 28
| visibility 515
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic