Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where to stay in Boston
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,153

Where to stay in Boston

Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM

Anyone been there for a game? Know a good place to stay, and info about tailgating?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

went 6 years ago. stayed with relatives. going this year,

Oct 5, 2014, 8:06 PM

staying downtown in an apartment found on airbnb.com (a much cheaper alternative to a hotel!)

They don't do tailgating at BC. It's a joke. Just find a good bar to hit before the game. Ride the T.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Where to stay in Boston

Oct 5, 2014, 8:16 PM

Tailgating was hard because parking near stadium was limited, we had to park and be bussed in . They also had a 3 hour limit on when you could start. maybe that has changed , I went 6 years ago. Stayed in a doubletree on the river toward the school and that worked well .

Stay in Salem !

Oct 5, 2014, 8:25 PM

Specifically, the Hawthorne Hotel http://www.hawthornehotel.com/?src=ppc_google_hawthornehotel

20 minute train ride into Boston proper ... 6 bucks ... interesting place, place where they had the Witch trials ... cheaper then in the city itself .... they really do it up this time of year (The Halloween Thing)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went in 2012. Stayed at the Langham downtown.

Oct 5, 2014, 8:33 PM

It is walking distance to most of the attractions. We took the train to the BC and back for the game. Boston is an awesome road trip!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went in 2012. Stayed at the Langham downtown.

Oct 5, 2014, 8:49 PM

For upgraded accommodations in Boston you can stay at the Intercontinental on the harbor. Very easy walk to all the city has to offer.You can also stay at the Holiday Inn in Dedham which is 7miles to BC. Great shopping across from the hotel at Legacy Place.

Re: Went in 2012. Stayed at the Langham downtown.

Oct 6, 2014, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Went in 2012. Stayed at the Langham downtown. ]

Ritzy spot....right next to my office....

Unless you plan on staying for a few days and walking around the city...stay outside and take the train in, but be sure to study the commuter rail schedules because it can be a nightmare getting back to south station to catch a train after the game.

If you must stay in the city, the green line takes you to bc, so that kind of limits your options. Downtown center has a short trip to. The green line, and Faneuil hall/financial district areas require a short ride on the red line from south station to a change on the t.

There are some bars near campus, we usually go to a place in. Newton center called Union something or other (literally right off a t-stop) and then it's like a 20 min walk to the stadium.

Oct 5, 2014, 8:47 PM

We stayed with relatives last year, parked at an industrial site, and bussed in to stadium. That worked out really good. Was invited to tailgate with some "big contributors" right next to the stadium. Didn't see tailgating anywhere else. A couple of older Bostonians were tailgating next to us and were dressed out in orange.We introduced ourselves and asked if they were graduates. They said no, they had just dropped two of their daughters off to start to start their first year earlier that fall. They were already TIGERS through and through!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2014, 11:59 PM

We've been twice. Once just the wife and I. And once with the kids. It really depends on what you plan on doing. If you plan to do a lot of touring and sightseeing in Boston I highly recommend staying in Boston. We had a blast. I suggest finding the best deal on a nice hotel that's very close to a T station. That way you can just take T anywhere you want to go. We never needed a car we just flew in and then took the public transportation wherever we need to go including the game. The first time we where we stayed at Club Quarters. It was a decent hotel. The second family where we stayed at Nine Zero at 90 Tremont right across from the Granary burial grounds. This was an awesome location. Not only was it on the freedom Trail but it was just one block to the T.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Oct 6, 2014, 10:46 AM

Thanks everyone -- I was relocated to Hartford CT in May and I've gone to a Red Sox game and been downtown a couple of times, just was not sure of tailgating.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,153
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic