Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wyndham Championship . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,129

Wyndham Championship . . .

Aug 4, 2019, 5:05 PM

While there are several on the course still . . . and the Leaders sitting at -21 . . . Our two Tigers are through . . .

Lucas Glover made his way around the course early, shooting an "also ran" 1 under for the day . . . -5 for the Tournament and in a tie for 72nd Place

Kyle Stanley however played a exceptional round, posting a -6 for today's effort . . . Good for a share of 12th Place . . . this probably won't be his finishing placement as so many are still whacking it about . . .

Kudos to Kyle for a posting a special closing round!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wyndham Championship . . .

Aug 4, 2019, 5:08 PM

Yep. Kudos to Kyle. Both leaders are bogey free for the tournament... Kyle with 8 squares, one being a par 5.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 5:22 PM

8 squares is definitely a downer !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 4, 2019, 5:54 PM

Yeah, but just comparing with the two leaders... well, one leader and an one behind at-20.

Incredible feat and An finally makes his first one... point being, Kyle made plenty of circles w one double circle. When it’s your week, it’s your week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 8:22 PM

You said that right - kerigantoo !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 4, 2019, 5:21 PM

Agree - Skeeta... Kyle definitely deserves kudos !! -:)

The Wyndham Purse is a good one . . .

Aug 4, 2019, 6:53 PM

Kyle's 6 way tie for 13th Place should be worth ~$109,500 to him . . . (if my maffs is close!)

So yeah . . . Kudos Tiger!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My "maffs" was pretty good . . .

Aug 4, 2019, 9:14 PM

Wyndham Purse Payout:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/here-is-the-prize-money-payout-for-each-golfer-at-the-2019-wyndham-championship

Re: My "maffs" was pretty good . . .

Aug 5, 2019, 8:20 PM

You always have good “maffs” - Skeeta !! -:)

Aug 4, 2019, 5:47 PM

I have never figured that golf course out. For such severe putting surfaces, the payers always shoot lights out and the winner is always more than 20 strokes under par. I remember about four or five years ago our girls played the ACC tournament there (or at least another big tournament) and the course gave them fits. I think it was mainly due to the severe green contours. I had hoped our guys would have figured it out, but unlike Quail Hollow, we have never been able to figure it out totally!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greens are soft; they throw shots at the flag

Aug 4, 2019, 5:53 PM

Played there several times...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, for the bad news

Aug 4, 2019, 6:14 PM

Byrd is going to finish 151 on the Fed Ex points list. 150 or better would have given him provisional status for next year, which would mean 18-20 starts. Now, he will go to the Koran Ferry finals and will need to finish in the top 25 to regain status.

Message was edited by: Marshall®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now, for the bad news

Aug 4, 2019, 6:16 PM

Thanks for the update. He needed a decent week and just didn’t happen. Tons will be vying for that t25 in the finals.

Re: Now, for the bad news

Aug 4, 2019, 6:20 PM

He was at 148 going in. If he had just made the cut he would probably made it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where does Doc go from here?

Aug 4, 2019, 6:40 PM

Stupid question, but I really don't know his next move.

Re: Where does Doc go from here?

Aug 4, 2019, 6:53 PM

He won enough money to have full status next year, even though he won't get into the playoffs. Wolfe and the other rookie who won will be in the playoffs, since they became full members after winning. Doc is technically still a Special Temporary Member, and only full members can proceed to the playoffs.

Re: Where does Doc go from here?

Aug 4, 2019, 10:52 PM

Good explanation. The earliest we will see Doc next could be at A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier starting on September 12th.

Aug 4, 2019, 8:32 PM

Skeeta ..... many thanks for keeping tabs on our guys on the various tours. There are a bunch of us out here that enjoy knowing what all of our former Tigers are doing ...... In golf and all other sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 10:48 PM

+1 4 that!!!!!

Anybody know Ben Martin's status?

Aug 5, 2019, 9:31 AM

Last I heard he was recovering from a back injury and hoped to re-join the Tour in September.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Anybody know Ben Martin's status?

Aug 5, 2019, 9:43 AM

When he returns, he will be playing on a Major Medical Exemption. He will have a certain number of starts to earn enough to regain full status.

Aug 5, 2019, 10:56 AM

This past season, he only made one start on the PGA Tour at the Sony Open in January after sitting out six or seven months with back issues. He did not make the cut at the Sony Open, and then shut it down again for about five months. He reappeared in June on the Korn Ferry Tour and has made a total of five starts over the past couple of months to try and get himself back in shape. As far as we know, we should see him on the PGA Tour again starting in September. He will be playing out of Category 22 and will have six starts to try to earn 111.322 FedExCup points to maintain his status for the rest of the year.

Now, one thing I'm not sure about is if we will also see him in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals events. I "think" PGA Tour players that are on medical extensions can play in those events. I know that Lucas played in them last year after sitting out the end of the PGA Tour season following knee surgery, and he ended up finishing in the Top 25 of the Finals standings, which earned him status on the PGA Tour, but he ended up not needing it since he satisfied the conditions of his medical extension and was able to play out of a higher category instead.

Anyway, I "think" Ben may be able to play in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals as well. If so, we could see him in two weeks for the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship. If not, we will probably see him on the PGA Tour again as early as September.

https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/medical-extensions.html

Aug 5, 2019, 11:14 AM

Actually, Lucas would have qualified for the Web.com Tour Finals last year anyway because he finished in the 135th position on the FedExCup standings, despite sitting out a lot of the season. So, his appearance in last year's Web.com Tour Finals is not a good example to use. I guess I'm really not sure if Ben would qualify for this year's Korn Ferry Tour Finals events or not. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

This is an article from last season. You can see at the bottom, there is a "Special medical extension" section. I'm just not sure of the details and I'm not sure if Ben would fall into that category this year or not.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/news/2018/08/21/field-study-web-dot-com-tour-finals-qualifiers.html

Aug 10, 2019, 12:25 AM

Just following up on this from last week.

According to the early field list for the first event in the Korn Ferry Tour finals next week, Ben Martin will be playing. So, it looks like there will be five Tigers in the finals. They are Byrd, Kennerly, Martin, Saunders, and Trahan.

This list will change a little based on the results of WinCo Foods Portland Open. However, all five of our guys should be in.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/nationwide-children-s-hospital-championship/field.html

Thanks for the “follow up” . . .

Aug 10, 2019, 1:38 AM

Will be fun keeping an ?? on our ??????????!!!!!

Thanks!***

Aug 10, 2019, 5:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody know Ben Martin's status? ]

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 12, 2019, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody know Ben Martin's status? ]

Well, I'm not sure if Sam has an injury or not, but he no longer appears on the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship field list. So, at the moment, it looks like there will only be four Tigers in the field this week. Hopefully, Sam is back for the second round at the Albertsons Boise Open.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/nationwide-children-s-hospital-championship/field.html

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic