Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris and the offense putting the fun back in football at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,508

Front Page Story: Morris and the offense putting the fun back in football at Clemson

Sep 25, 2011, 12:17 PM

Morris and the offense putting the fun back in football at Clemson

The Clemson Tigers are on pace to set several records in 2011, and center Dalton Freeman said Clemson's explosive offense and 4-0 record has made football fun again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, this is really something special this year.***

Sep 25, 2011, 12:45 PM

Morris is gone after this year. We better win out now.***

Sep 25, 2011, 3:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where, do you think? And as an OC or HC?

Sep 25, 2011, 3:43 PM

I would be very disappointed if he moved that fast. Not just disappointed in what we lost, but disappointed in having to face yet another change. I hope he gives us some stability.

I do agree that a school in Texas could attract him, but I would like to think he sees the potential right where he is.

Re: Where, do you think? And as an OC or HC?

Sep 25, 2011, 3:52 PM

He signed a 3 or 4 year deal. I'm sure the buyout is hefty for as much as we're paying him.

Not this year, but after next, I could see Mack Brown come

Sep 25, 2011, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Where, do you think? And as an OC or HC? ]

calling on him if their offense continues to struggle.

A&M already has a great offense. Baylor's offense seems to be pretty good too. Not sure if Texas Tech head coach Tuberville would like Morris's style, he's very conservative.

Who else in Texas would come calling? Would he leave Clemson to be the head guy at a place like Rice?? I would hope not. Depends on how much he wants to be in Texas.

Morris is an A&M guy. No way he would go to Texas

Sep 25, 2011, 7:47 PM

If you werent a coot you would know that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris is gone after this year. We better win out now.***

Sep 25, 2011, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Morris is gone after this year. We better win out now.*** ]

Thats crazy talk. If some of you guys can't dump on the team, you're dumping on the coaches. When Dabo first hired Morris, he (Dabo) was as stupid as they come for hiring a HS coach as you said. Now that Morris has been successful, you have him leaving in one season. Some of you guys either hate Clemson, or you're scared to step out side because someone told you the sky is falling. Clemson will offer Morris more money if our season continues the course it is going. Dabo would even free some of his to keep Morris. After all, Morris is the saviour of Dabo's job. Just maybe Morris will love Clemson as Dabo does. Thousands of you that has gone to school at Clemson never wanted to leave. Morris has a family of young children, and hopefully he will see what most does. Clemson is the place to raise a family away from all the crime in the bigger cities. Morris has proven to be a smart man, and I'll put my money on himstaying at Clemson for a long time. Clemson is one of those places that money can't buy you happyness because, happyness and good living is already there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God for Morris and the offense, because the defense is

Sep 25, 2011, 6:18 PM

garbage this year.

Steele needs to man up and earn his $750,000 or go the heck on. There's too much physical talent on our defense to be as bad as they are, they're absolutely attrocious.

Re: Thank God for Morris and the offense, because the defense is

Sep 25, 2011, 10:52 PM

The defense is young, they will learn, but it wont be overnight. FSU stayed in the game because our young corners blew a few plays. We will get better. We may have a little talent gap back there, time will tell. We are experiencing a little bit of growing pains on defense right now. Not sure it's Steele's fault. Be thankful we finally have an offense to win us games until our defense grows up.

1st good OC since RichRod. Play-calling, planning good again

Sep 25, 2011, 9:11 PM

This is the 1st time since RichRod left that I can sit through an entire game and not bemoan the bad offensive play-calling or game planning. On the contrary I marvel at it. Man, what a difference a good OC makes.

It's too bad that Tommy Bowden didn't hire a good OC after RichRod left. It ended up costing Tommy his job. Spence was awful. Spence's buddy, Doug Marrone, hired Spence to be Syracuse's OC, but Spence was so afwul that Marrone fired him before the regular season even ended!

I was thrilled when Dabo fired Spence but bummed when Dabo hired Napier as the full-time (not interim) OC. Two years later Dabo corrected that mistake and Clemson is looking good on offense again.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,508
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic