Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game

Apr 26, 2012, 10:47 AM

is going to be ugly.....

Something in the 63-17 variety or worse....

We all know Dabo is very emotional and his recent battle of words with sir spurlid down there makes me feel that there will be a lot of emphasis on this game possibly all year long. Our Seniors want a win, the streak needs to be broken so on and so forth.

I feel like with our offense and it's weapons, our defense with an easier scheme to follow, this year at the valley could be a very bad one for the coots!!!

Just Sayin!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

we HAVE TO win this year....HAVE TO!!!!

Apr 26, 2012, 10:52 AM

Losing is not an option and is just unacceptable.

A 63-17 whipping would shut the Chickens up for at least .... a day or so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and it should be EVERY year I don't care what game we play

Apr 26, 2012, 11:19 AM

the next week!!

Re: and it should be EVERY year I don't care what game we play

Apr 26, 2012, 12:08 PM

we lose again bottom line , s and c is inferior to usc that means our lines will get pushed around quite easily . seniors want to win one for the old gipper, good luck with that how many seniors are on the team total good luck with that . I actually hope we lose the game so some of you sunshine pumpers will realize that we lack the most basic of training and conditioning.motivation is a real problem in our strength and conditioning program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEpn77u8CZU

pay close attention to the spirit of competition , the motivation and the team work all displayed in one video
http://youtu.be/cXzE-XTESFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwpuRp0cOxQ&feature=related

will power on the football field is very easy to have if you have busted your ### in the off season and done all the things required to be a champion . the reason 70-33 feels so bad is that it exposed the part of the program that will be the hardest to replace , the strength and conditioning , the trainers , the surgeons we use , the diets of the players . if you take care of it Feb-Aug it never shows its ugly face on saturdays Sept-Jan.

Usc owned us because we quit , GT owned us because we quit ,NC State owned us because we never even arrived and WV owned us because we quit. Fix it FEB-AUG and SEPT-JAN is not a problem.

Apr 26, 2012, 12:19 PM

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard...you hope we lose because that will prove that our S&C sucks???? What if we win? Does that mean our S&C isn't as inferior as you thought?

What I'm getting from your post is that it's more important for you to be right than it is for Clemson to be successful. That's just sad.

I get it. Some people have issues with S&C. Dabo and the admin don't agree with you. I honestly have thought we've looked soft in the past, but I can't tell if it's because we're getting bad S&C or if we're in poor position and not playing downhill. The difference between us is that I HOPE we win every game, every time. I'm eager to see the Tigers play this fall...Go Tigers.

Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 PM

simple fact is Batson the trainers and the surgeons are the last of the Quivering Lip era , all the games we have lost in the past are directly attributed to the fact that our players quit because they are not mentally tough or physically prepared for playing football. one simple example is J.Clowney vs D.Bowers , they each entered college football highly regarded (top player and top d-end in the nation by most services) D.Bowers was a ghost until his Junior year while J.Clowney made an immediate impact straight out of high school. its has been rumored that the s and c program was so hard on J.Clowney the first year that he wanted to quit many times. no such rumor on D.Bowers and it took 3 years for D.Bowers to produce , J.Clowney produces right away. keep coming at me and I will keep giving you examples.

^^^Couldn't agree more. Bowers played his 2nd year over

Apr 26, 2012, 12:56 PM

weight and out of shape. Training table and S&C methods are hopelessly out of date. The last video of our guys using horrible technique on the squats was downright painful to watch. I don't think Clowney is going to be the player he was hyped up to be, BTW, as they've moving him inside. He still isn't effective against the run.

Re: ^^^Couldn't agree more. Bowers played his 2nd year over

Apr 26, 2012, 5:42 PM

There was no training table when Bowers was around. The facility just got completed...that should make a difference in that regard.

Would still rather have a Hatch disciple than Batson =p.

Re: I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game

Apr 26, 2012, 11:41 AM

Go to youtube and find the videos of Clemson's spring practice highlights and then usuc's spring practice highlihghts. Those videos alone will leave you with and understanding of why the dominate us from a physical standpoint the last couple of years. I want the streak broken as bad as anyone but early indications don't look good....especially not 63-17 good

Apr 26, 2012, 11:50 AM

I often find spring practice information to be hogwash. I was impressed with neither.

Seriously...you go by highlights put on youtube?

Apr 26, 2012, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game ]

To come to some kind of conclusion?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Apr 26, 2012, 11:52 AM

The Coots as much as I hate to say it will be good this year.The Tigers should be one of the best teams in the nation on offense,if they can block.The Tiger D has lots of work to do and by Nov better be good.I think in the Valley and after 3 straight beat downs by those stinking Coots the Tigers will be ready.The game won't be easy but the streak ends this year.GO TIGERS

Apr 26, 2012, 12:14 PM

If you, us and Georgia are as good as the respective fan bases think they will be this coming season, then there will be 2 epic "national" games in the palmetto state this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if you lost to Vandy.***

Apr 26, 2012, 12:15 PM

And I never doubted you would be.***

Apr 26, 2012, 12:16 PM

2 Game of the Century type games??

Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game ]

Man, we better buckle up.

No one asked you, coot.***

Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I just have this sneaky feeling that this years Usuc game ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We HAVE to.....BUT.....

Apr 26, 2012, 1:04 PM

let's focus on DOING it. AND shut our mouthes until we do. GO TIGERS !!

We will win this year... I'll put my house on it.

Apr 26, 2012, 1:58 PM

No way they take us four in a row... just won't happen.

Apr 26, 2012, 3:30 PM

Going to be a tall task because quite frankly SC strengths coincide with the Tigers weaknesses.

They have mature DBs who are capable of taking away Boyds first option and a dominant DL which seldom allows for 2nd and 3rd reads. Add to that a time-consuming running game which reduces the number of offensive chances and the recipe doesn't look promising. It is what teams experienced repeatedly vs Ford's teams of the 80s.

Additionally it hurts that Clemson's strengths do not threaten SC main weaknesses.

All indications are that SC running game is going to be stronger than last season with the return of Lattimore along with Wilds\Miles and it is doubtful that the Tiger's DL is going to improve significantly with the loss of Thompson\Branch vs the young replacements. The Clemson LB may be better so that may help some. Defensively, their DL looks to be more mature and as strong this year again against a ton of youngsters.

SC is a bad matchup in 2012.

Where do you get your secondary is all that

Apr 26, 2012, 3:48 PM

Also who in that group is any match for Sammy or Nuk? Sorry dude but your secondary wont be very good and is a bad sign for your defended. Clemson will get the ball out quickly and will hurt your strength. Seeing you have huge questions at WR Clemson will load the box

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that

Apr 26, 2012, 4:07 PM

We shut down your offense last year and, we will do so again this year. You lost the majority of your starting OL, plus TE, and starting DL from last year. Plus, you lost 2 reserve OL and one reserve DE from last year. We, on the otherhand, have the majority of our linemen returning. Games are won at the line of scrimmage.

By the way, Bruce Ellington who caught a long TD pass against you, is returning at WR, as are speedsters Ace Sanders, Nick Jones and Damiere Byrd. And remember the name Shaq Roland, the top player in the state last year. And our QB Connor Shaw was 14-20 for 210 yards and 3 touchdown passes against clemson last year. Yes, load the box on us, please, to make our day.

Apr 26, 2012, 4:10 PM

I think the offense was shut down due to pass rush, not so much the coverage. And hey, you never know how the young guys will do

Clemson

Apr 26, 2012, 4:17 PM

Normally, that's the case. With Taylor, Clowney, Quarles back, I like our chances again. Yet, we have talented DBs to go with them, too.

Apr 26, 2012, 4:20 PM

I'll agree your line is proven. Good for y'all. Youth doesn't always equal poor play though. And our DBs have to learn to keep up with a pair of the top active college players, so I like their chances too.

It will be a good year.

Clemson

problem is we have star WR 'S, Not just talented***

Apr 26, 2012, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

Apr 26, 2012, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

You still lost two O-lineman though. You say you return the majority of your line (defensive line, yes) but 2 of out 5 isn't a whole lot better than 2 of 5. Both teams will have their fair share of struggles in the trenches to begin the season.

Apr 26, 2012, 5:34 PM

We lost Nunn in mid-season. Did not play against clemson. 2 seniors started in the OL against clemson. One of them broke his leg early. No seniors backed up in the OL. You lost 3 starters plus your top 2 reserves on the offensive line of scrimmage. Taylor and Quarles of the starting 4 DL return, along with Clowney who was SEC freshman of the year. You lost 3 starters from the DL plus a DE reserve. Anyway you slice it, we have more returnees on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

glad you know the future and these freshman arent

Apr 26, 2012, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

freshman anymore. You really think Sammy drops an 80 td pass again that woulda changed the whole out come. Go spew that crap on fgf

Apr 26, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

Just like Danny Ford said in Columbia several weeks back- game is won at the line of scrimmage and with defense- not at the wideout position. Danny said that has why Carolina has won the game lately.

Apr 26, 2012, 7:34 PM

lol coots bringing up danny like obama bringing up reagan. lmao

Apr 26, 2012, 7:35 PM

Do you disagree with him??

Apr 26, 2012, 7:37 PM

did not say i did. thought everyone, even coots, knew the game is won at the line of scrimmage. but i think even you would love to have "any" of our wideouts.

Jerry Butler says hello to Danny***

Apr 26, 2012, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

Ask Auburn where Clemson won***

Apr 26, 2012, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that ]

I agree except we don't really have that many seniors

Apr 26, 2012, 3:35 PM

let's hope for some Young guns to step it up in the Get R Done category

null

I believe Clemson will win at home but

Apr 26, 2012, 3:38 PM

will be a battle. Both teams will be solid

But thing is none of us know what next week holds

Apr 26, 2012, 3:40 PM

much less in November

Apr 26, 2012, 3:50 PM

a coot -0- would be better

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we have the opportunity

Apr 26, 2012, 4:25 PM

we should hang 70 points on them, leave the starters in all game even if it's a blow out. Show them why we are the university in SC.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Lose this game and Dabo is gone...

Apr 26, 2012, 4:32 PM

nothing else

I believe you are right.***

Apr 26, 2012, 4:46 PM

I don't know how bad we'll beat them but I do feel like we

Apr 26, 2012, 5:50 PM

will defeat them this year. They will be a good team, but they won't be as good and it's time for us to beat them. On the other hand, we'll be clicking on all cylinders at that point. I think that they will really Eliis Johnson, especially from an in-game adjustment standpoint.

If last year was any indication

Apr 26, 2012, 6:59 PM

You'll be doing the exact opposite of "clicking" during that point of the season. I know it's a different year, and I'm not trying to insult, but isn't that usually Clemson's pattern? Start off strong and then shoot themselves in the foot with poor play down the stretch?

Also, Lorenzo Ward did one heck of a job adjusting to Nebraska after they scored on the first 2 possessions. They actually had -17 yards or so in the 4th quarter.

"Start off strong and then shoot themselves in the foot"

Apr 26, 2012, 8:46 PM

What are you talking about? We started 2-3 in Dabo's first 2 years.

Re: Re: Where do you get your secondary is all that

Apr 26, 2012, 7:42 PM

Of course we would love to have Sammy and Nuk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

##### will win, but I doubt that bad.***

Apr 26, 2012, 7:48 PM

Apr 26, 2012, 8:42 PM

LOL! I thought you meant that 'sneaky feeling' spelled doom for the Tigers. Seriously, Gamecock Nation is counting on it, and I can assure you of that. I haven't heard one Gamecock fan predict anything other than a BIG victory vs. our Piedmont rival this year.

How big you thinkin?***

Apr 26, 2012, 8:44 PM

if our o line can block anybody this year

Apr 26, 2012, 8:50 PM

Great things could happen.......but I can say with confidence that our coaches will not be taking the coot game off this year.......even if we have the acccg waiting on us the next week......I do think the d will be better from a fundamental and scheme standpoint this year....in other words we wont be making any qb a 100 yard rushed against us this season....with that being said......control the los and we beat the coots plain and simple.

i agree we dominated them......

Apr 26, 2012, 8:53 PM

But the coots.did dominate us there....and we were also not playing good football at all then......Sammy catches that first longball and things may have been differnt.

Re: i agree we dominated them......

Apr 26, 2012, 9:21 PM

Even if Watkins had caught that ball, it only counts for 6 points. We won by 21.

I hope you're right.

Apr 26, 2012, 8:54 PM

But, this sounds like the kind of shiny, happy, chest-bumping, illogical optimism that I normally associate with the faithful lovers of all things #### - preseason national champions 4-ever.

You're obviously not a coot, BTW - don't want to imply that.

im far from a coot

Apr 26, 2012, 8:56 PM

Just go back and read some of my older post......#### them chickens go tigers.

was i addressing you in my post

Apr 26, 2012, 9:26 PM

Nooooo.....so back to ####### your sister inbread coot.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic