»
Topic: Where did our favorite writer
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 9, 2019 10:08 PM by: psquarelaw
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Where did our favorite writer

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 6:43 PM

Sapakoff go to journalism school? I have googled him and can find no information on his ‘education’!

If you're referring to Gene Sapakoff of the

[2]
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 6:53 PM

Chucktown Compost & Courier, he is a very proud alum of UGa and a strong SEC proponent.

I posted not long ago that the week of the Notre Dame-Clemson playoff game, I heard the Sap on a radio show complaining that UGa should've been ranked #2 in the four team standings.....to the best of my knowledge, he's not been back on the radio to defend his stupid statement or eat that huge helping of sauteed crow.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Where did our favorite writer

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 7:21 PM

Thanks. I suspected as much. I had him narrowed down to a small handful anthe dawgs were among them.

[2]
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 7:46 PM

I have been reading the Post and Courier since the 60's when it was the News and Courier. Its Sports Dept. has fallen down considerably since Sapakoff took over as Director. They quit delivering the paper in my town about 6 mos. ago but I wrote a lengthy letter to the Editor. I listed what I thought to be the pros and cons of each section. Their Sports Dept. got an "F" with Sap at the helm. He is an SEC homer and most of the articles are about coots, including a weekly recruiting article by Korncoot himself. This paper and its sports section is not worth the paper it is written on.

2019 purple level member

Sapakoff graduated from Colorado State.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 8:46 PM

Ken Burger, the retired sportswriter from The Post and Courier, was a Georgia graduate.

Re: Sapakoff graduated from Colorado State.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 9:07 PM

You mean butt head

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 10:08 PM

Yup. It is hard to fall below the "State" fishwrap flacks. But the dude consistently achieves it.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have 4 season tickets in section TDG, row E.....these are AISLE SEATS and have SEAT BACKS since th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1130 people have read this post