Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whenever I See Them Pan The Crowd and Some Jerk Is Texting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Whenever I See Them Pan The Crowd and Some Jerk Is Texting

Oct 12, 2013, 11:37 PM

I Want To Put Their Smartphone in a Woodchipper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....

Oct 12, 2013, 11:43 PM

during the 4th qt of our game, they panned the hill. Most people were standing and yelling and some girl was sitting down looking down and texting. Why even go to the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly..

Oct 12, 2013, 11:48 PM

only time i use my phone when i go to a game or out somewhere is if it is important.i go out to chill with friends and so forth.not talk on a freaking phone.

My post below is not about talking, but text and emails

Oct 13, 2013, 9:39 AM

Totally agree about people talking and bothering others. But I have to stay plugged in to my work email and phone messages to even have the opportunity to be at the game. So if something critical happens at work during the game or my flight across the country, I can send a quick email answer to the team. Obviously, I am not doing this during the run down the hill or the actual plays. But I know when is appropriate to send an email. And I doubt that you would notice me even doing so. Since the majority of the time when I attend a Clemson game I am alone, I am not dividing my time between a companion and work. But this is my life 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whenever I See Them Pan The Crowd and Some Jerk Is Texting

Oct 13, 2013, 1:13 AM

I'll defend all the texters out there. A lot of times at the game I will text because:
1. I may be updating or checking on my wife who is home alone with my two baby girls;
2. I may not be sitting with some of my friends who are also at the game and we might be commenting on the last big play;
3. I might have just taken a great pic of the game/stadium and I am sending it out;
4. I might be talking smack to a coot after we just did something amazing (most of the time not doing this because the last 4 years have taught me to not talk so much trash until we beat them again).

Only #1 is acceptable. How about...

Oct 13, 2013, 2:36 AM

experience what is actually around you instead of wasting minutes of your life to being plugged into a phone. If your friends were that important, they would be next to you. Why look on a phone to see what they said, when an amazing event is happening around you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are so many people worrying and complaining about what

Oct 13, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Whenever I See Them Pan The Crowd and Some Jerk Is Texting ]

someone else does with their own time and property. Jesus, if the person is not bothering you why is it even an issue? Let people do what they want at the game... if they want to text or check scores of another game that's their prerogative. If they want to pay for a ticket and walk the concourse the whole game, let them. Do what you want and as long as no one is interfering with your enjoyment of the game don't even pay attention to them...

Sorry for the rant, but I go to all of the games I can make it to, and always have a wonderful time; then I get on here the next day and everyone is like "boo-hoo, water is too expensive, wahhhhhh, people are using their phones during the game". Give it a rest.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

im 44 yrs old (thank you)

Oct 13, 2013, 4:11 AM

and while I realize how much things have changed I still hold fast to traditions lile participating in tje event you paid to attend. If texting or updating is that important maybe stay at home and let the seats go to a more involved fan (s).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That's why they spent $$$$$ for the new cell antenna's***

Oct 13, 2013, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2013, 8:58 AM

No one said anything about texting "while an event is going on right in front of you." But, when there is a timeout, etc., sometimes texting or even checking score updates is better than staring at the back of the head in front of you. I guarantee you, NONE of you are a bigger fan, or enjoy the game more than I do. So leave that argument at the door.

Exactly - talking on phone is rude, but how could emailing

Oct 13, 2013, 10:00 AM

be a problem to anyone?

By the way, does the stadium have WiFi? Just asking.***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:12 AM

no.***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That was a joke you know.***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:39 AM

Sorry, but only way I can get off work is to stay plugged in

Oct 13, 2013, 9:17 AM

And provide my wisdom and direction to the less intelligent but well meaning souls with whom I work.

Not to mention, attending game costs me 3 days and apx $2K

Oct 13, 2013, 9:27 AM

So during those 3 days, I am plugged in on the airplane, at the stadium, etc... But I really enjoy my life since attending Clemson games is part of the deal.

but you're a jerk and need to have your phone thrown

Oct 13, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Sorry, but only way I can get off work is to stay plugged in ]

in a woodchipper!

HOW DARE YOU TEXT!!!!

;)

There are more appropriate times to text such as

Oct 13, 2013, 9:27 AM

Weddings, funerals, jury duty, prostate exams, recitals, child's athletic events, Masonic inaugurations, The Masters, job interviews, and of course while driving.

Good post --- by the way, when landing at ATL and driving

Oct 13, 2013, 9:44 AM

over to Anderson/Clemson, I typically have to stop 2-3 times to review incoming emails and provide quick solutions to the team. It works better than individually jabbering on the phone.

Prostate exam not so much, but dental visits work okay***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to There are more appropriate times to text such as ]

Re: Whenever I See

Oct 13, 2013, 9:35 AM

they did an in-depth study at uga to figure out how to get more interest with the students , number one answer was to spend 3-10 million on a stadium area wifi that would keep the texters in touch , my messages don't go out or come in with all those people around

There are only a few places where you can stand to see the

Oct 13, 2013, 9:57 AM

game and also stay connected. Again, I am referring to email traffic, not blabbering and bothering others.

Who cares, at least they are AT the game and not watching it on tv***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:52 AM

Thank you***

Oct 13, 2013, 9:55 AM

Generally, they pan the crowd during game breaks.

Oct 13, 2013, 9:59 AM

Time outs, etc. That's to say, they're not missing any game-action. Could it be that someone is checking in with the Mrs.? Or possibly following other applicable games via their phone?

Or maybe, yeah...maybe they're just mindlessly texting about the Kardashians with their sorority sisters. But for god's sake...they're there, and they're (probably) in orange. Incessant phone usage can be annoying in any context, but I'm not sure I get your specific vitriol...maybe save it for the woohooers? :)

Totally agree with you when someone is talking on phone

Oct 13, 2013, 10:26 AM

but I can't go several hours without responding to individuals at the company and customers who are trying to solve problems and need help. And a simple email can provide the fix. If I need to talk, then I do that away from other fans.

I want to teach you how to multitask...

Oct 13, 2013, 10:33 AM

It's pretty convenient and you seem to have an IQ above mouth breather level. So, just for you, I'm gonna give you a tip...

You can do...TWO THINGS AT ONCE.

Please don't make the mistake of picking me out of a crowd if you ever do decide to make a comment about cell phone usage to a fellow fan. Should you tell me to put it away, or try to remove it yourself...you're gonna have a bad time.

Why not MYOB if it bothers you so...just a thought. I was there, from start to finish, loud, proud, orange and STILL was able to text my brother in another section and check the scores all day.

Oct 13, 2013, 10:33 AM

Let me understand you. You want to criticize someone who has gone through the effort and cost to go see the Tigers live when all you have done is walked to your living room and turned on the TV. Naybe you should stop complaining about others and figure out how you can get yourself in the Valley.

Oct 13, 2013, 10:38 AM

Better there than on the highway like I see so many idiots doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic