Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you just steamroll people like Ohio State and LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

When you just steamroll people like Ohio State and LSU

Sep 12, 2020, 11:47 PM

Oklahoma and Bama do, it makes other teams lose confidence coming in as well. But we just don't do that. Even if backups play in mid-third, it should be worse than 37-13. Watch what Coastal is doing to Kansas. Would be nice just to look like that. Also, hurts our players for awards and recruits are gong to figure that out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you just steamroll people like Ohio State and LSU

Sep 12, 2020, 11:51 PM

How long have you been watching?
I bet Coastal would like to have played in every CFP in the last 5 years and I’m sure they would like 2 national championships.

The only reason I can imagine someone would complain at this point is because they have a gambling addiction and are mad when they lose.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:55 PM

I totally agree. Very lackluster tonight. Not impressed

Sep 13, 2020, 7:41 AM

I think ETN said it best, a little rusty. We will be just fine. Only area of concern is secondary. I know we had two guys out, but we have a lot to improve there if we are going to win against elite competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: When you just steamroll people like Ohio State and LSU ]

That’s because you are a troll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Yes. If only we had a program like Coastal Carolina.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:55 PM

null

Re: Yes. Yes. If only we had a program like Coastal Carolina.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:56 PM

And be up 4 TDS your right

Re: Yes. Yes. If only we had a program like Coastal Carolina.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:59 PM

You Dawg fans better be praying that your QB1, whoever he is, stays upright all year or it could get ugly.

Uhhhh we were up 37-3.

Sep 13, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes. Yes. If only we had a program like Coastal Carolina.*** ]

We won 37-13. A 24 point win.

A TD is worth 6 points.

6 x 4 = 24

We won by 4 TDs even after garbage time.

Soooo... only wins by 5 TD or more make you happy?

Tune in next week. You’ll be thrilled!!!

~JKB

Re: Uhhhh we were up 37-3.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:14 PM

We won 37-13. A 24 point win.

A TD is worth 6 points.

6 x 4 = 24

We won by 4 TDs even after garbage time.

Soooo... only wins by 5 TD or more make you happy?

Tune in next week. You’ll be thrilled!!!

~JKB

Don't feed the troll...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:00 AM

I respectfully disagree with you. Dabo wants a super strong team by the end of the year, when the games really count. This only happens if you get everybody in there. Clemson's results over the last 5 years speak for themselves.

At 24-0, game over. The goal then is build for the future.***

Sep 13, 2020, 12:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can a coach get a team up when they play...

Sep 13, 2020, 3:17 AM

no one with a pulse for weeks?

Re: How can a coach get a team up when they play...

Sep 13, 2020, 6:27 AM

Ask Bama, like a knife through butter for a decade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

No need..

Sep 13, 2020, 6:32 AM

No need to embarrass opponents at the expensive of injury risk and denying younger players the opportunity to gain experience. Playing reserves when the outcome is decided is just common sense and good sportsmanship. I was a baseball coach. You don’t steal 2nd base when you’re up 10 runs in the 9th.

How can a head coach get assistant coaches and players to stay on his team?

Sep 13, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

No, seriously, Coach O really wants to know how that’s done.

~JKB

Sep 13, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:59 PM

Man, I just laughed so hard at this, ?? Just hit me in a way!

Enjoy Not Seeing The Playoffs For at Least 5 Years

Sep 13, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

Corndogger...Hope being a Bengal fan works out for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

Hard to think you are all alone, no family,
Friends, nothing...

Sep 14, 2020, 1:46 AM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

Touche. And will it be another decade until LSU finds another top notch QB?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

Did coach O have trouble getting his team up today?

Sep 26, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to How can a coach get a team up when they play... ]

Mike Leach is wondering the same after today.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/College-Football-Recap-LSU-torn-apart-in-44-34-loss-to-Mississippi-State-Myles-Brennan-KJ-Costello-152022374/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Anybody watching the game knows that could have easily been

Sep 13, 2020, 8:01 AM

60-3. Only problem is some people may only look at the score. With exception of our defensive secondary, it was a successful night. Our offense scored at will. No one will play that many freshmen in their first game. Dabo knows exactly what he’s doing. We were a touch rusty and that should scare anyone on our schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Recruits Will Come Here Because They Will Get Playing

Sep 13, 2020, 10:43 AM

Time. Agree that 1st team should have had more time (1-2 Series)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:20 PM

Oklahoma and Bama do, it makes other teams lose confidence coming in as well. But we just don't do that. Even if backups play in mid-third, it should be worse than 37-13. Watch what Coastal is doing to Kansas. Would be nice just to look like that. Also, hurts our players for awards and recruits are gong to figure that out.

Dabo has built a program to last. We are deeper and better prepared when it counts. Ask Alabama and Ohio St if he doesn't know how to keep the foot on the gas when he needs to.

We are sitting with the best program in college footbal from top to bottom right now. Please people , try and enjoy the ride. It can't last forever.

-Esso

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a ******* moron. Do you know anything about football?***

Sep 13, 2020, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 13, 2020, 7:04 PM

Since 2015, Clemson has a regular season record of 59-2, with 47 of those wins coming by more than 7 points. I can’t imagine that other teams are coming into the Clemson game with a great amount of confidence. Even if they are confident, it hasn’t lasted for long after the games start!

Sep 14, 2020, 1:15 AM

After the starting OL there were 7 players listed as OL unavailable. DJ and Tysian were playing with 2-3rd and 3-4th string lines.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 5:51 AM

Clemson put on an absolute clinic the first half.

The coaches put on a coaching clinic in the second.

Staffs across the country will watch that game and wince with envy because what Clemson showed was...extreme. I'll break it down when I have time but it's insane what Clemson showed.

We were up 37-3 midway through the 3rd quarter

Sep 14, 2020, 8:16 AM

We were absolutely steamrolling Wake at that point. Did you want us to leave the starters in for a few more drives and play them into the 4th quarter? That's the kind of stuff everyone ####### about when other teams do it.

The only way we are going to really continue to pad big leads is by getting the 2nd and 3rd teamers more reps so that they get better and continue to dominate when the starters go out. And that is exactly what we did for the last 20-25 minutes of the Wake game.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic