Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is horrible.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 478

This is horrible.

Sep 3, 2018, 4:42 AM

Trumps immigration policies are making business managers in Martha's Vinyard have to clean toilets. Lol. On a serious note this is an example of what Trump is doing to raise wages. This is the stuff inflation is made of. If this keeps up there will be a call on our debt. We need these people to keep wages low to keep inflation low so our debt problem doesn't become a problem. Not to mention liberals in Martha's Vinyard need Jamaicans to clean their toilets.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/02/business/trump-legal-immigration-h1b-visas.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When some tells me that they are having great difficulties..

Sep 3, 2018, 8:12 AM

finding workers I take a huge left turn and get triggered. Yes, when dealing with the subject of employment I'm a snowflake.

I stopped in at the Mills Ave Dollar store to pick up a gallon of Pet milk and had this conversation with the manager there. When she complained I asked how much do you pay an employee. When she told me 9 dollars an hour I said "If you raise the starting wage to $12.50 you'll find all the honest, dependable and hard working people you want."

Corporate America understands this. Let the workforce thin a bit and wages will come into line on the supply/demand model. Economics is not just a theory, it's a law.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When some tells me that they are having great difficulties..

Sep 3, 2018, 8:21 AM

Even though we disagree on one major issue, you and 1851(?) have to be the most rational people on here. That was great comment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 8:44 AM

I appreciate that.

I'm hoping a few more quarters of ~4% growth will have the every healthy man and woman in this country realizing that they can't afford to remain on welfare any longer. I know that most people are not as well educated as our members here but the economic concept of opportunity cost is realized in life without a college course in labor economics.

Weighing the economics of a personal circumstance is as natural as gravity. Corporate America knew this was coming when this country started enforcing our immigration laws but the leaders on the left and the right aren't worried as much about legal immigration as they are the potential political eventualities.

When we really start running low on labor congress will be forced to offer a real immigration reform bill. They fear losing the masses of illegals here as a political tool. They will have no choice but to provide all the hard working, family oriented, God fearing Mexican illegals a true path to citizenship.

I know we have members here to like to criticize me for being straddle the fence but I have seen these men work. I have seen them send one paycheck to their wives and children who are here in this country and send the next to their mothers and fathers in Mexico. Then I've see them take that third paycheck and use it to live on.

I have yet to see an American struggle under such a weight as that burden or to match the undying love of God and family the average Mexican. Either I'm sincere or I'm a very good liar who should be writing science fiction instead of trolling liberals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:03 AM

I appreciate how chill and balanced you are. The polar opposite of myself. I believe what I believe, but I realize I am harsh. I think it's because you said you had to go to school later and work harder to get to where you are. It made you humble.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must TD you.

Sep 3, 2018, 9:06 AM

I am anything but humble and your comment is making me worse. Thanks.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: When some tells me that they are having great difficulties.. ]

Thanks, Carl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Illegal immigration has been used for decades to

Sep 3, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to When some tells me that they are having great difficulties.. ]

Keep wages low. And most people would be surprised to learn how necessary they are to keep our debt serviceable. There's a reason why illegal immigration, free trade, and Congress' debt spending all started around the same time. That's also about the time the middle class started its decline in earnest and the same time our manufacturing sector started rapidly declining.

But the caption under the photo was such a wonderful lapse in tact. Yes the guy is going to have to find someone else to clean his toilets. And will probably have to pay them more too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly. Illegal immigration has been used for decades to

Sep 3, 2018, 9:12 AM

Just wait until folks realize that giving mexicans a path to citizenship is the natural fix to the coming inflation.

Not a solution. Another band aid. Kicking the can down the

Sep 3, 2018, 10:06 AM

Road just a little further. The solution is less spending.

Baby steps first.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:21 AM

Spending on social programs will decrease tremendously if we help illegals become citizens. After we get income maximized cutting spending won't hurt so badly. We're both ignoring the truth. Our representatives are using spending as a political tool.

The first one to cry 'cut spending,' from either party will face charges against them that they hate granny, the poor, firemen, the police and children, puppies and rainbows and you know this. Either side will take a position opposite to the other and play the general public like a well tuned fiddle. There's a right side, a left side and the truth with which neither wants to address.

Most illegals I've met, and it's been quite a few....

Sep 3, 2018, 12:21 PM

Have zero interest in becoming citizens. Most plan to return to their home country some day. They're here to make money to send back home to support their parents/wives/children/siblings. I've seen a dozen living in a hotel room, living on less than $50 a week, while earning $700 a week. They do that so they can maximize the amount of money they can send home. Making them citizens is of no interest to them, and they're certainly not big consumers as most Americans are.

Stop them at the border, punish those who employ them (they're almost always paid cash), and attack the billions they send out of the country each year and you help the middle class. You raise wages that way. Enforce tariffs on other countries imports concurrent with their own. That raises the price of goods, but makes domestic manufacturing promising once again.

Our two parties are as economically united as they can be. They argue back and forth about political rhetoric, but there's bipartisanship everywhere when it comes to illegal immigration and free trade. We're being played, and in fact the game would have continued no matter who was elected President, OTHER than Trump. Any large improvements in our economy exposes our politicians and our financial system to problems we will only understand in the future, or today to the extent Trump succeeds.

Our next economic crisis won't be a bubble. It won't be a tech bubble, or a housing bubble. It will be a dollar bubble, if anything. In just the past year, our improving economy has cost the government $100+ billion in additional interest payments (about a 25% increase). That's what the "tiny" increase in the federal lending rate from 1.75% to 2.25% did. The federal reserve can shuffle, hide, and monetize debt as they did in 2007-9. BUT, they can't hide inflation and the value of the dollar itself or increased wages. The federal reserve is in a real pickle with Trump, or they will be. One one hand they have to contend with economic policies that can cause REAL wage growth, not lip service policies we've heard about for decades now. On the other hand, they have to keep a lid on inflation, but at the expense of breaking our government and financial sectors. We have 2+ decades of stagnant wage growth in America. Yet our debt has exploded, along with stock prices, etc. If we catch up to a more traditional wage growth trajectory, we're doomed. The level of debt incurred due to stagnant wage economic policies over decades has reached a point where real wage increases can tip us into insolvency. 15% inflation in 1979-82 was bad, but tolerable because we didn't have a debt of 105%+ of GDP. We also didn't have trillions in 30-year fixed mortgages at sub 5% rates. That level of inflation today kills us. There are fully 5 or 6 (depending on your take) instances where in the 20th century inflation reached levels that would topple us today.

I guess overall, Trump is seen as a real and present danger to our government and economy because he is going to pursue policies that will actually increase wages and grow the economy. Sounds ridiculous, but it isn't. And there's a LOT of room for improvement, more than we know or realize. 20 years of flat wages leaves us plenty of room to get to that 10-15% inflation given the right (or wrong) policies.

Ever wonder why the economic "stimulus" that was passed by Congress was not in the form of a $8,000 check to every American over 18 years old? Remember all of those shovel ready jobs it would create? That was ALL total BS. They can't do that. So they have to exchange the $1 trillion for labor otherwise it just causes inflation. Problem is it was never exchanged for labor, or even totally spent. But it sure as heck wasn't paid back, or even the balance paid back. Nope.

Trump can, if he's not indicted or impeached in some way, cause us to have to reckon with the elephant in the corner we've been ignoring successfully for so long. And making illegal aliens citizens doesn't make a difference other than providing them taxpayer funded benefits that they can tack onto what they already send back home. But they didn't come here illegally to become citizens. Promise you that. Now making LEGAL aliens citizens is another ballgame. But illegals are not here to live the American dream. They're here to keep their parents/wives/children/siblings from starving or dying from no money for medicine.

Re: Most illegals I've met, and it's been quite a few....

Sep 3, 2018, 12:55 PM

"I guess overall, Trump is seen as a real and present danger to our government and economy because he is going to pursue policies that will actually increase wages and grow the economy. Sounds ridiculous, but it isn't."

No, Trump is seen as a danger to our country because he is a vile, self-absorbed sociopath. That not withstanding many, including myself, like seeing some of the policies that have been put in place.

But don't kid yourself, people don't like Trump because he's doing positive things, they don't like him because he's a con man, an amoral huckster who can't see beyond his own zipper.

That is similar to the argument made during the Nixon years before he resigned. It went something like "Well, if you don't support the President then you don't love Amerca." Nixon did some positive things for the country as well but people didn't like him because he was a criminal and pathological liar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've lived a couple of years.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:11 PM

One thing I've learned is you can trust ######## who are openly ######## a lot more than people who appear to be saints. And at the end of the day, you really can't trust anyone but God. Those quiet and kept people who say everything right and tick off no one, are the ones you should be most wary of.

Just some free advice. Take it fwiw. But I'm only judging Trump on what he actually does. And so far he's doing the right things. Those things will ultimately expose a LOT of wonderful, calculated, intelligent, saintly, moral and caring men and women in Congress who play people every election cycle. Being an ####### has netted Trump an approval rating over twice as high as Congress. But your very personal hate is noted. And ignored.

And before you cast stones on immorality maybe you should take a gander of the breadth of immorality and see how it transcends politics sometime. It's refreshing and stress relieving. We can have a pissing match with immorality where I can toss out Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, and a zillion immoral dems, and you can toss out Trump, Hastert, and a zillion immoral pubs. At the end of the day, that nets us nothing in helping anyone.

But I would expect many attorneys would love to have you on a jury. They would also hate to have you as a judge.

Re: I've lived a couple of years.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:16 PM

I've lived a couple of years too. I don't distrust everyone. I find it interesting the lengths people go to to excuse Trump, but I suppose those on the left went to similar lengths to excuse Hillary and Barry.

At the end of the day I suppose we're still stuck with a tribal perspective which shakes out something like "my guys bad, but not the worst."

There hasn't been a President more polarizing than Trump in my lifetime, the closest was Nixon. On the day he resigned he still had roughly 25% of the electorate on his side.

We're not going to solve it all on this board that is for sure. But forgive me if I dismiss your viewpoint as easily as you've dismissed mine. :)

I would expect nothing less

Sep 3, 2018, 1:26 PM

;)

Re: I've lived a couple of years.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I've lived a couple of years. ]

Politics aside, I bet you're a hoot sitting around a card table. I would love to actually meet most of the people on the P & R board.

I have no doubt we'd all get along and like each other in person. :)

I'm sure we would...

Sep 3, 2018, 7:58 PM

especially if a Clemson game was on the TV in the corner of the bar. That would be a great pleasure to me. I'm in G'ville, SC. Set it up.

MAGA.***

Sep 3, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MAGA.***

Sep 3, 2018, 1:11 PM

My Attorny Got Arrested!

Replies: 19
| visibility 478
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic