Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When lawyers get involved - Dalvin Cook court date posponed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,994

When lawyers get involved - Dalvin Cook court date posponed

Jul 15, 2015, 8:58 AM

"He didn't hit woman. He just walked away."

Update at 7:15 p.m.: Despite his arraignment in front of a Leon County Court original scheduled for July 30, as first reported by CBSSports.com over the weekend, Florida State running back Dalvin Cook has seen that date postponed one month to Sept. 2. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Cook was given the delayed date after adding a second attorney, Joey McCall to his team.

What's especially interesting about the new arraignment date is that it is now scheduled just three days before the Seminoles kick off the 2015 season against Texas State on Saturday, Sept. 5. Cook is indefinitely suspended from the team.

An attorney for Florida State running back Dalvin Cook says that his client walked away from the scene outside a Tallahassee bar and did not hit a woman, as it has been alleged.

Ricky Patel, a Miami-based attorney, told ESPN that there are conflicting statements, the witnesses were intoxicated and his research suggests that one alleged witness was not actually present at the scene of the crime.

"Dalvin Cook did not strike this woman," Patel told ESPN. "Players were leaving the scene at the same time. But Dalvin walked away before it got out of hand."

Patel also addressed the recent revelation that Cook was cited for mistreating animals in 2014: "I'm hoping this doesn't create a bias," Patel said. "This is not a Michael Vick situation."

Cook turned himself in to authorities on misdemeanor battery charges last Friday night.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Cook allegedly struck the woman after she shoved Seminoles receiver Travis Rudolph away when he allegedly got too close to her. Cook was then restrained but managed to make his way toward the woman at least one more time. A witness at the scene could not identify Cook in a photographic lineup, but the alleged victim identified him with "100 percent certainty."

Patel also claims that the alleged victim "identified Dalvin after being shown social-media pictures of Dalvin and some random people," adding "it was an extremely unfair 'lineup.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25240905/attorney-fsu-rb-dalvin-cook-walked-away-did-not-hit-a-woman

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone PLEASE release a phone video.***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:39 AM

Re: Someone PLEASE release a phone video.***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:56 AM

The standing rule for FS football, known as the "Jamies Protocol," is to erase all incrimnating phone videos ASAP and maintain that Coach Fisher was never told about no "d*mn video."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone PLEASE release a phone video.***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:58 AM

Well is he wants to fight it this is gonna take a long time. Plus I think fla state wants him gone anyway. So they will be looking for something to get rid of him.

That's bad for Cook if he is actually innocent

Jul 15, 2015, 9:41 AM

since he's suspended pending the outcome of the trial.

On a side note, is Ricky Patel related to the cigar maker Rocky Patel? I know Rocky was an attorney before he quit to get into the cigar business.

Re: That's bad for Cook if he is actually innocent

Jul 15, 2015, 10:20 AM

Yea, people seem to be suggesting this is a good thing for Cook, but he's suspended indefinitely from the team. I believe that means he can't practice, and a trial will most likely take some time, so he'll almost definitely miss extensive playing time.

The unfortunate thing is that everyone has been saying with 100% certainty that he's guilty without us having all the facts. If he's guilty, then he deserves whatever he's got coming...but we just don't know at this point. There are two sides to every story, and up until now, we've only heard that of the accuser. If what this lawyer said is at all accurate, then it's worth waiting a little while to make up our minds.

There were other witnesses that came forward....***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were other witnesses that came forward....***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:32 AM

Right, I remember hearing about that, but this lawyer said there was an alleged witness which wasn't even present at the time. He could be referring to that witness.

I'm not saying Cook is innocent. I don't have a clue to be honest. I'm just saying maybe we should wait. Every time there is an allegation, people immediately assume guilt and treat the person as such. It's not exactly fair and we should give more respect to the process.

Jul 15, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: That's bad for Cook if he is actually innocent ]

>If what this lawyer said is at
> all accurate, then it's worth waiting a little while
> to make up our minds.

You're an idiot. And you need to up your troll game.

Jul 15, 2015, 1:58 PM

Up my troll game? For suggesting maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions before we hear from all parties and let proceedings play out a bit more?

Stop eating paint chips.

Jul 15, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: That's bad for Cook if he is actually innocent ]

Ever heard the term "innocent until proven guilty"? It's one of the cornerstones of our criminal justice system.

You're of course free to make your judgement over whether you think he did it or not (for what it's worth, I think he probably did), but there's no reason to demonize the kid until we know for sure.

I will demonize him for his treatment of

Jul 15, 2015, 2:12 PM

the animals. Heck, I'm hoping he plays against us. It will make the victory over them even better.

unfortunately for Cook - he is the company of many

Jul 15, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: That's bad for Cook if he is actually innocent ]

previously guilty team mates and a school that has a TERRIBLE reputation.

HE IS NOT GONNA GET the benefit of doubt in the publics eye.

so yeah people are gonna say he is guilty until proven innocent. It might suck but that's the way it is. It might not be the correct thing but that's the way it is.

It will stay that way until FSU does something different.

maybe he will be the example set. He can't practice or be a part of the team until AFTER the final verdict.

GOODBYE season.

Not until something like this happens will Jumbo make changes.

null

Re: unfortunately for Cook - he is the company of many

Jul 15, 2015, 2:18 PM

I agree with you 100%. I do understand why people would feel that way, and definitely agree that Jimbo needs to do more to get his program under control.

I guess I'll just always try to speak up for what I consider to be "reasonable thought" when it comes to such a serious subject. It's so easy for someone to quickly type "rapist" or "woman beater" on a website without realizing the severity of such accusations. That's something that can/will ruin lives. If he's found guilty, then he deserves what he gets...but until then, I like to do whatever to preach "innocent until proven guilty".

This***

Jul 15, 2015, 2:24 PM

I understand and agree with you-I was just throwing reality

Jul 15, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: unfortunately for Cook - he is the company of many ]

out on the board

you DO have to admit that it DOESN'T look good

and thats the result of experience and history and the environment at fsu.

sad face

null

Re: I understand and agree with you-I was just throwing reality

Jul 15, 2015, 3:59 PM

Yea, that's absolutely true on all counts.

Re: When lawyers get involved - Dalvin Cook court date posponed

Jul 15, 2015, 9:54 AM

If this were true he would know who did or someone else would. Sounds silly to let your best player go down if another guy did it.

Great. Witness has already been paid off to turn a blind eye.

Jul 15, 2015, 10:04 AM

And the Tally PD/Die-Hard FSU football fan club's awful police report is allowing Cook's lawyers to punch holes in the "alleged" claims of the victim.

"She was intoxicated and had a minor cut on her lip and minor bruising."

See ya Nov 7th woman beater. Clemson's D will enforce the proper punishment for your actions, since no one else will.

Re: Great. Witness has already been paid off to turn a blind eye.

Jul 15, 2015, 10:23 AM

Really? You really think that with every watchdog group in the country looking at their every move, the FSU/Tallahassee PDs are going around and intentionally messing things up?

Maybe there are actual holes in the claims of the victim? Have you considered that?

Re: When lawyers get involved - Dalvin Cook court date posponed

Jul 15, 2015, 10:17 AM

He'll probably get cleared right before Clemson FSU and be able to play. Typical.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic