Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you people forgotten about our baseball team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Have you people forgotten about our baseball team?

Mar 28, 2017, 9:23 AM

Our baseball team is 20-4, ranked 5th in the nation, and has all the makings of a team that not only can make it to Omaha, but win the whole thing. Yet all I see on this site is basketball related posts. There is nothing any of us can do to make the Gamecocks not be in the Final Four, or take away the significance of that accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, I will be the world's biggest Gonzaga fan for the next few days, but if the Gamecocks pull it off, so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it. As for Brownell and our basketball team, whats done is done. Brownell will be back next year no matter what. Save your frustrations for next season. For now, enjoy this Clemson baseball team because all signs point to this season being one to remember for the ages. I would hate to miss out on any of it because I was too concerned with what the team from the midlands was doing on the basketball court.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few things..

Mar 28, 2017, 9:29 AM

We are in the best part of basketball season. March Madness is huge Also, there are only two major college sports and of course they are football by far, followed by college hoops. No other college sports are even close. When basketball season ends and the college baseball season gets later in the season, people are bored, then people that aren't die hards will start to get interested. It would be great to see the Tigers match the coots national title in baseball, since the coots live that honor so much to give them some validation.

Re: A few things..

Mar 28, 2017, 10:05 AM

Clemson is routinely in the top 5-7 in attendance numbers in college baseball. It matters to people around here. College basketball is huge, but you can only complain about Brownell and crap on the chickens so much.

Re: A few things..

Mar 28, 2017, 10:53 AM

Just because we are disturbed about our basketball program it doesn't mean that baseball is not being noticed. 20-4 Ranked no 5 in the country ! ACC champions! The sports press covers March Madness right now. Baseball is the second favorite sport at Clemson.

Sorry, but college baseball is not huge and has never been.****

Mar 28, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: A few things.. ]

Re: Sorry, but college baseball is not huge and has never been.****

Mar 28, 2017, 9:36 PM

Doesn't matter if it's huge on a national stage. Comparatively Clemson is one of the best programs in the country historically and it actually does matter to a lot of people around the south.

I understand it isn't basketball or football, and it never will be... outside of a select few college campuses where it is the biggest sport. But selling out The Doug every weekend doesn't hurt our pockets. Not everyone has to be a diehard. Most of my life I've been a passive college baseball fan. But a good product on the field/court gets attention.

Re: Sorry, but college baseball is not huge and has never been.****

Mar 28, 2017, 9:51 PM

I haven't given up on them. Envious of the people that get to go to the mid week games. Loving me some baseball.

Honestly, would rather have a natty in baseball than bball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I haven't***

Mar 28, 2017, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nope, I'm taking the kids tonight to the Furman game.***

Mar 28, 2017, 10:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, I'm taking the kids tonight to the Furman game.***

Mar 28, 2017, 11:36 AM

I hope you all enjoy the game!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

definitely all-in for monte lee and clemson baseball

Mar 28, 2017, 10:22 AM

but that has absolutely nothing to do with my hoping that frank martin and his dirt pekkers pull a natty outa that earthworm hole.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I'll be in the stands at 6:30 tonight

Mar 28, 2017, 11:04 AM

I assume you will be too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the last time we were 20-4?***

Mar 28, 2017, 9:48 PM

Re: When is the last time we were 20-4?***

Mar 28, 2017, 10:00 PM

21-4

21-4

Mar 28, 2017, 10:14 PM

Decent crowd tonight and the boys had a little fun in the late innings.

Monte his this team playing loose and having fun like I've been dreaming of for years.

If we can get our offense to improve just a little we're going to be looking good come summer.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic