Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's with the huge ads? I know they need the money, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,151

What's with the huge ads? I know they need the money, but

Oct 23, 2015, 1:40 PM
tnet.jpg(132.5 K)

dang. Can't even see the first headline without scrolling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution..

Oct 24, 2015, 2:10 AM

the owners had to sell advertising space to pay overhead. They worked a full time job and ran Tnet on the side. They took time from their families to chase a dream, a dream where they actually made their living providing other Clemson Grads and fans with the latest and most accurate information about their and our Alma mater.

OK, maybe the ratio of leeches to donors wasn't the only or primary reason they sell advertising but for a small monthly donation you can rid yourself of these pesky adds. Perhaps you think they need to stop selling adds, fire the staff and go back to working full time so you can find another place where you can to get your Clemson news?

Disclaimer:

This post is not approved nor was it reviewed by Tnet owners or staff but it is the sincere desire of this poster that Tnet would release him of the website restrictions on calling whineazz, cheapskates a whineazz, cheapskate for looking a gift horse in the mouth.*

Personal Note.

For the short toothed, ungrateful or those who know nothing about horses:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth definition. Don't question the value of a gift. The proverb refers to the practice of evaluating the age of a horse by looking at its teeth. This practice is also the source of the expression “long in the tooth,” meaning old.

You could TD me if you were a donor. It's a shame you have to scroll, scrolling is such a issue these days with carpal tunnel so deadly and spreading like the plague.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Oct 24, 2015, 5:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only people who

Oct 24, 2015, 8:21 AM

Making big money on the internets are the #### people

Re: When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution..

Oct 24, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution.. ]

Preach +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to donate until the board filled with coots and

Oct 26, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution.. ]

people with multiple handles that are only here to jerk each other off...that was about 10 years ago and has only gotten worse each year. I still come here for the articles and to scroll through the forum, though I rarely post since most of the threads are of no interest to me.

If the mods would clean this place up I might donate again. I'll just use the mobile version of the site...no bothersome ads.

Peace.

In all fairness, you did ask the question...

Oct 26, 2015, 10:07 PM

if you didn't want to hear the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question.

Just sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said you know they need the money then set...

Oct 27, 2015, 6:10 AM [ in reply to I used to donate until the board filled with coots and ]

requirement for them to do something that they need money to do? If they had a full time mod staff half this chit wouldn't go on.

Do you think choking the chicken will increase egg production? If you do then go choke the chicken and quit your bichin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well alright then!

Oct 27, 2015, 9:00 AM

LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution..

Oct 26, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution.. ]

POI: "Long in the tooth" refers to the general physical presentation in advanced age brought on by the effects of periodontal bone loss on dental esthetics. This is often accelerated by chronic periodontal disease and concomitant medical conditions such as diabetes.

Conclusions: brush twice daily for 2 minutes, floss every night, get your blood glucose under control, don't eat junk all the time, and never trust a fan of a university whose mascot name doubles as a description for a phallus.

Go Tigers.
- Dr. Ben

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

that Dr Ben is one smart Cookie & Tiger tOO!

Oct 27, 2015, 12:00 AM

LoL & Brush twice daily TiGERS Everywhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twice a day?

Oct 27, 2015, 6:05 AM [ in reply to Re: When enough people used Tnet without making a contribution.. ]

Have you ever brushed a horse's teeth? I mean WTPH!

Re: What's with the huge ads? I know they need the money, but

Oct 24, 2015, 2:51 AM

Yep. What he said. Donate=Less ads.

Oct 24, 2015, 5:00 AM

Donate = NO ads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 27, 2015, 9:06 AM

If you want to ##### about the website trying to make money you should probably donate first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic