Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When are you SEC Homers going to figure out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 4,295

When are you SEC Homers going to figure out

Apr 19, 2013, 12:53 PM

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT CONFERENCE!!

We care about CLEMSON.

I don't care how many SEC teams are ranked or if any ACC teams are ranked, Where is Clemson!!?? That's right, we are top ten at the end of last season, and will be inside the top ten in the preseason!!!

Take your conference loyalty with you as you exit the building please.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I'm with you. Conference love is for those who can't win it.

Apr 19, 2013, 12:56 PM

null

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It didn't help LSU and won't help UGA

Apr 19, 2013, 12:57 PM

The letters on your jersey mean nothing with the ball is snapped. Our boys certainly aren't intimidated.

i pointed you...

Apr 19, 2013, 12:57 PM

i'll figure out why later.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which direction did you point

Apr 19, 2013, 1:00 PM

Teh Lunge >>>>>>>>>>>>

or

<<<<<<<<<<< whatever is over there!!

<<<<< over there is the pool & the pond...

Apr 19, 2013, 1:01 PM

the pond would be good for you.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does that pond

Apr 19, 2013, 2:19 PM

got any Pheesh in it???

Agreed. Been preachin' it a long time time. Folks need to

Apr 19, 2013, 12:58 PM

stop getting so caught in conferences. It's not that they're meaningless, but what's FAR more important is Clemson. We need to win. We carry enough clout all on our own. Win, and everything else will be just fine...BCS, playoffs, whatever. It will be a benefit when the ACC picks it's game up a little, but Clemson will survive just fine regardless.

probably when you stop talking about "conference"***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:01 PM

...Says little brother hanging out on big brother's website.***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:04 PM

Pardon me troll, the only reason I posted this

Apr 19, 2013, 1:07 PM [ in reply to probably when you stop talking about "conference"*** ]

was I saw some other coot troll on this board throwing up the fact that so many SEC teams were ranked and the same old blah, blah, blah!!

You want to talk about conference then go out and win yours!! That's the only conference thing that matters

and he likely posted that because he knew it

Apr 19, 2013, 1:51 PM

would generate topics like the one you started.

I think it's because maybe not all of you, but a significant

Apr 19, 2013, 1:57 PM

number of coots live by the SEC conference affiliation. You haven't won it so why not pull for the other teams so as they do well you can claim to be part of that magnificent conference!

You coots bring this up all the time. Hence the post

Apr 19, 2013, 1:12 PM [ in reply to probably when you stop talking about "conference"*** ]

You use it to try and justify why you're good while at the same time using it to justify why you can't win it.

I don't bring it up either way

Apr 19, 2013, 1:52 PM

but plenty do because it sure generates a lot of talk on here.

Re: You coots bring this up all the time. Hence the post

Apr 20, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to You coots bring this up all the time. Hence the post ]

Amen, b/c it's to tough for them. Actually to tough for all their members except Bama, the sec grand daddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here! Here!***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Here! Here!***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:14 PM

Wut? Where?

There, there***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: There, there***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:16 PM

<<<<<<<
or

There>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: There, there***

Apr 19, 2013, 1:17 PM [ in reply to There, there*** ]

or

^
^
^
^
^
^
Their?

Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out

Apr 19, 2013, 1:15 PM

OH DANG IT!!!! I was doing my typical point everyone in the thread gig... I gave the dirty coot a point. I would like to impose self-sanctions... any ideas?

Jeez, way to go Joe. I think you might be looking at a

Apr 19, 2013, 1:19 PM

two hour Tigernet ban, and you can't watch TV during that time either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeez, way to go Joe. I think you might be looking at a

Apr 19, 2013, 1:20 PM

I submit... I will be back at 3:20

Also, you're ineligible for any after-work

Apr 19, 2013, 1:23 PM

parties. We hope you've learned your lesson from this.

i'm not sure...

Apr 19, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

but hopefully your plastic has a lot of room.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

Yes, start by writing coots will live in Bama's shadow for life. Write it twice, you should remember that for life and never point another coot.

SCAR fans never change "wait til next year " then...

Apr 19, 2013, 1:18 PM

"Gardner pushed off" to the "SEC SEC SEC". Granted they have won 4 in a row but they still chant "SEC SEC SEC". I always chant "GO TIGERS" that is always enough to shut them up. They need to win the SEC then I may give them a little bit of credit, then again probably not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCAR fans never change "wait til next year " then...

Yeah... after we win, I usually start a cadence count... and I dont mean ACC! ACC! ACC!

SO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT CONFERENCE!
Well, you had better hope you win the conference,or you don't play in a BCS Bowl,or a national championship playoff!

Pulling for your conference and winning it are two different

Apr 19, 2013, 1:23 PM

things.

You don't have to care about the conference to win it

Apr 19, 2013, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

I guarantee that our team and coaches could give two cents what letters are on the jersey of the team lined up against them. It's about going out and handling your own business and letting the chips fall where they may.

leftie to answer reply to your post

Apr 19, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

No we don't care about conference and yes we will win it!!

Hello BCS Game or National Championship

not so fast, my friend. if we had beaten usuc last year, and

Apr 19, 2013, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

a couple of other teams had lost, we would have had an at-large bid. as long as we beat at least 11 other teams ( maybe even 10, depending upon who they are ), regardless if we win the acc, we have a very good shot at a bcs bid, we would have to win the acc and win at least 11,depending on who else goes undefeated or only loses 1 game, imo, to play in the mnc game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2013, 1:36 PM

Honestly, I don't have a problem with hoping that other conference schools do well--as long as we're better than all of them. (That's not the same as rooting for them, just to be clear.) In this day and age you have to have a strong conference to be considered a legitimate contender football program.

Do I still laugh and point when they lose? Definitely. But when it's in Clemson's best interest to have strong opponents, then I advocate for that.

Apr 19, 2013, 5:22 PM

I get what you are saying but as a fan of an SEC school the perception is a little different. The SEC hype that so many complain about is an advantage. It helps financially and with recruiting. So while I hate a lot of SEC teams I want them to win their nonconference games to keep the hype going. It benefits our program and like it or not it is to the detriment of nonSEC schools sometimes. Now if I were a bama fan I probably wouldnt care because I dont need the advantage. For us though, when we recruit against a lot of ACC schools, the perception helps us. If the hype didnt benefit my team I would think it was one of the stupidest things to care about.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:25 AM

LSU sec;)!!! How hard did you pull for them. I bet there is still a scab on that wound.;);)

May 2, 2013, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: When are you SEC Homers going to figure out ]

Ok, thank you. I can honestly respect that opinion. I just hate the ones who will go to the edge of the earth to defend the integrity of a team that has nothing to do with them other than being in the same conference.

Apr 19, 2013, 6:27 PM

I think that these SEC homers are way off base; on the other hand, it is a given that the SEC is the best football league in the nation. The best players nationally want to play there, because of money and maximum exposure. Quite frankly, wish we were in that league.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 AM

Our real estate coach is buying up their real estate.

There is that whole money thing...***

Apr 20, 2013, 10:44 AM

There's something in these hills.

Apr 20, 2013, 4:56 PM

I'm with ya, I hope all Acc schools lose, don't want anyone who we play getting a boost in the recruiting battle. And yes that includes USUC. Hope coots lose every game

Apr 20, 2013, 5:40 PM

clemson doesn't need a conference

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2013, 9:55 PM

Part of me can understand the SEC pulling for an opponent thing, but for me the only teams I want to see play well within the ACC are the ones on our schedule. If we play teams that have good record it only helps our strength of schedule.

But if we don't play Virginia Tech next season, god knows I want them to go 0-12 and have Logan Thomas throw 40 interceptions. But because we are playing Syracuse I hope they have a respectable record like 4-1 going into the game, not 0-5. It makes beating them by 40 not even impressive, and if we want to make a run at any kind of big bowl game we will need the strength of schedule to be there.

Now, with that being said, if Florida State made it to the national title game I would hope they would get the dog #### kicked out of them unless they were playing an SEC team. I'm tired of this "SEC everything" attitude on tv.

Amen!***

May 2, 2013, 9:59 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 4,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic