Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo-Hater Chenjerai Kumanyika & Commies Protest Milo Event
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Dabo-Hater Chenjerai Kumanyika & Commies Protest Milo Event

Oct 12, 2016, 5:06 PM

http://thetigertownobserver.com/far-left-organizations-at-clemson-conspire-to-protest-conservative-speaker-milo-caleb-ecarma-zach-talley/

In response to Milo Yiannopoulos’ October 18 speaking event at Clemson University a group of Left-leaning students and their respective organizations formed the ‘Anti-Milo Event Committee’ to protest against the conservative speaker.

[audio] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2d4C8lZvAs [audio]

The Clemson chapter of Students for a Democratic Society is the primary instigator of the protest committee. The university’s SDS chapter is composed of a group of students and philosophy professor Todd May, who attends the club’s meetings. Based on undercover audio, SDS is coordinating with communications professor Kumanyika and the leader of the university’s Black Lives Matter spin-off ‘See The Stripes.’ Other groups that were contacted to join the protest include Clemson’s Feminist Club and LGBT club ‘SAGA.’

Per audio evidence of a September 29 chapter meeting, Clemson SDS president said, “we’re going to have an event planning committee that’s just going to organize around the Milo thing . . . so we can work together with [Feminist] club, Chenjerai Kumanyika and A.D. Carson.”

She also stated that Yiannopoulos sounded like, “someone I want to punch in the throat.” Adding that she planned on vandalizing the Yiannopoulos event flyers around campus, “I’m gonna’ throw paint all over [the event flyer] or something.”

There have also been been public threats to Yiannopoulos’, from this same individual. A tweet, “If somebody put a bullet in Milo’s head I would donate to that person’s bail fund.” was posted and promptly deleted by a member of this same SDS chapter.

On an audio recording of the meeting, individuals can be heard mocking free speech, stating, “I know why Clemson is allowing [the Yiannopoulos’ event], because ‘freeze peach!’”

Kumanyika, the professor helping with the protest plans, has been heavily involved in campus politics and controversies. He publicly criticized Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney in an article after the coach commented on Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest. Kumanyika was also thrown out of a Donald Trump campaign rally last year at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo-Hater Chenjerai Kumanyika & Commies Protest Milo Event

Oct 12, 2016, 5:10 PM

Bunch of Commies

Oct 12, 2016, 5:10 PM

The left is very open minded.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

they are a tolerant bunch***

Oct 12, 2016, 5:12 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you agree with them. Otherwise, die in a fire.

Oct 12, 2016, 5:42 PM

but what they really hate is bullying. hypocrites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

if you don't agree with them, you are a racist bigot...If

Oct 12, 2016, 6:09 PM

you do agree with them, you are a hero

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo-Hater Chenjerai Kumanyika & Commies Protest Milo Event ]

Just slightly more than the right and WAY more than the far right

Oct 12, 2016, 10:07 PM

Kumanyika is a hate-filled piece of garbage!

I hate that we are paying a prof like that clown***

Oct 12, 2016, 5:19 PM

Are you suggesting that Clemson should purge its faculty

Oct 13, 2016, 3:40 PM

of "liberal" or "leftist" professors? There is such a thing as academic freedom. To fire professors over their political activities could possibly endanger a university's accreditation & would certainly damage its reputation. In the U.S.A. we have freedom of speech, & as far as I can tell, these students & faculty are simply exercising their right to peaceful assembly & protest. The event is still on, so it appears that nobody is being censored.

Exactly both sides get to voice their opinion, Clemson is hindering neither...

Oct 13, 2016, 3:54 PM

As college's shouldn't hinder differing and unique viewpoints

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does that mean the protest groups will peacefully

Feb 20, 2017, 3:51 PM

allow Milo to speak without trying to disrupt? I mean...throwing paint on the event's flyers sounds like they want to disrupt. Or is free speech only one sided?

SDS?? Is Tom Hayden in town??

Oct 12, 2016, 5:24 PM

there wasn't even an SDS chapter at Clemson when the organization was in its heyday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they want to protest they can, it's their right

Oct 12, 2016, 5:26 PM

but all they're doing is drawing more attention to the event. If they just ignored it the event would probably be pretty poorly attended.

The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium***

Oct 12, 2016, 7:15 PM

When I was a student, Jane Fonda

Oct 12, 2016, 7:49 PM

Was invited to Clemson. I think it would be accurate to say that the vast majority of us didnt want her there. Wasnt our decision.
It was in the amphitheatre. We breezed by to see what she looked like. After about 2 or 3 minutes, we continued down to the Red Carpet. Didnt think about it, but I guess that was our passive protest. On a bad day the Red Carpet Lounge beat her.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I was a student, Jane Fonda

Oct 12, 2016, 9:21 PM

I attended CLEMSON when Fonda came, but I had more important things to do - like study. That probably paid off for me. :)

Okay - I didn't study that hard at that time. But I still ignored Fonda.

Re: The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium***

Oct 12, 2016, 8:15 PM [ in reply to The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium*** ]

Racist pos speaking in a place named after a worst racist pos. Fitting I guess. Milo should be vilified. He is person who espouses terrible things.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 8:56 PM

No Mattcah. The POS RACIST is this Pitiful Professor who is a worthless Instigator!

You may both be right***

Oct 13, 2016, 10:33 AM

Oct 12, 2016, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium*** ]

Mattcah .. have a banana!

Terrible things like free speech.***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium*** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And people have been complaining about it since this summer

Oct 13, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to The event is Sold Out at Tillman Hall auditorium*** ]

They got tons of free advertising from people who don't want the event to happen.

It is all good. Really it is - just think about it.***

Oct 12, 2016, 5:32 PM

Oct 12, 2016, 5:42 PM

Depends on what this SDS group intends to do. If they intend to respectfully protest then they are not doing anything outside of acceptable behavior. However, if these groups intend to vandalize, intimidate, attempt to silence, disrupt or incite violence against the speaker (Milo) or attendees then they are not protesting but imposing censorship in the traditions of a dictatorial banana republic.

Unfortunately, a lot of "protests" on college campuses these days aren't protests at all - but insidious PC enforced censorship to speech they disagree with. I sure hope that this is a respectful protest but if any Clemson professor or "advisor" is involved in planning, coercing, leading or inciting a dictatorial banana republic censorship protest then I would hope the University would terminate their employment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bananas are racist.***

Oct 12, 2016, 6:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

IMHO Any Kid That Goes to College And Wastes Their Time

Oct 12, 2016, 7:48 PM

Protesting instead of carousing and raising hades is wasting a true opportunity in their life to have license to be irresponsible. They will have plenty of time later in life to "start a conversation" or "peacefully assemble" or march to banish Harambe references from the planet earth.

Man did real life, pain, war and being a big boy come way to fast within months of leaving Clemson, I would kill to think a rough 4-months was one where you carried 18 hours instead of 15. Professors like that sack of crap Chernobyl should be ashamed of themselves inciting and influencing youth to drive their sad little agenda for their own dictatorial glory.

I to this day remember Professors and instructors at Clemson who instilled values that still today make me a better human. Men like Tom Wall and Victor Aviles taught me how to do what you say and do things the right way even when no one was looking. Even a guy named Professor Edwin Moise in the History department who I couldn't be more different than from a world view stand point taught me how to peacefully and respectfully disagree with someone with an opposing point of view.

I'm sure great folks like that still exist at Clemson and hopefully the self-serving, agenda driven azzhats like Kumbayaman don't ruin Clemson for future generations. Hopefully these folks efforts get them recognized and recruited by some other super liberal garbage spewing institution of higher learning and they can go pollute minds elsewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO Any Kid That Goes to College And Wastes Their Time

Oct 12, 2016, 8:14 PM

VERY SAD THAT CLEMSON HAS BECOME A HAVEN FOR LIBERAL DEPLORABLES

Oct 12, 2016, 9:27 PM [ in reply to IMHO Any Kid That Goes to College And Wastes Their Time ]

Those are some great names that I remember well.

Oct 12, 2016, 10:21 PM [ in reply to IMHO Any Kid That Goes to College And Wastes Their Time ]

I agree - I know Tommy (Ranger) Wall and Victor Aviles very well. Even took that Military History class with Edwin Moise (self described Vietnam expert). Great times and great teachers/mentors...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moise As a Vietnam Era Peace Corps Guy Actually Had

Oct 13, 2016, 6:32 PM

A pretty good perspective on the conflict and actually had a reasonable level of respect for the military, but not political strategies and personnel.

His creepy mustache always had chicken salad or something from breakfast stuck in it though. Hard to overlook.

Vic and Tom two true patriots, both still doing very well in their respective 2nd careers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is EXACTLY what the people who invited that guy

Oct 12, 2016, 8:30 PM

to speak wanted. If there weren't protests the event would be a failure.

I honestly don't know who this Milo dude is. Don't care either. He is apparently very divisive so the organizers will get what they wanted...divisiveness.

he tends to rile up the sensitive snowflakes***

Oct 12, 2016, 10:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why he used the buzzword "divisive."

Oct 13, 2016, 3:08 PM

Being a conservative liberals don't like = divisive.

Being a liberal conservatives don't like = woke.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean this Milo?

Oct 12, 2016, 9:17 PM

The basis of his entire career is negative attention. I'm sure he appreciates it.

http://gothamist.com/2016/10/10/pro_trump_art_show.php#photo-1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These people are the most miserable people in the world

Oct 12, 2016, 9:26 PM

Just stop complaining about everything and smile every once in awhile. I hope no one covers this crap so he will just fade away.

be careful with the commie accusation

Oct 13, 2016, 3:13 PM

thats how massacres start

Milo Yiannopoulos is an admitted white supremacist...

Oct 13, 2016, 3:27 PM

Is that how far right wingers have fallen, celebrating a person who writes for a white supremacist site

Re: Milo Yiannopoulos is an admitted white supremacist...

Oct 13, 2016, 4:07 PM

lol I am shocked Queenie returns from the dead and his first post is calling someone a racist.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

learn how to read, I didn't use the word racist...

Oct 13, 2016, 7:34 PM

I stated white supremacist. Two different terms. Not surprising an Alex Jones fan wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two

Not true

Feb 20, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Milo Yiannopoulos is an admitted white supremacist... ]

Pretty easy to prove that claim as false with a google search.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I thought the SDS died out..

Oct 13, 2016, 3:52 PM

with the end of the Vietnam war? Oh well, I never heard of this Milo Yanni-whatever until today, and looking him up, I don't like what he says much either, so I'm saying screw it all. Both have their rights to their opinions, I don't care for either ones, and all I see are a bunch of pots and kettles calling each other black here.

Re: Man, I thought the SDS died out..

Feb 20, 2017, 3:31 PM

How now brown cow?

Freedom of speech, right?

Re: Man, I thought the SDS died out..

Feb 20, 2017, 5:49 PM

Just because you may have the right to free speech doesn't mean you should be given a platform to spread your hate.

Clemson should fire Kumanyika but they can't and he knows it

Feb 20, 2017, 4:41 PM

For one the guy's not a good teacher. Check out his professor rating, he's almost universally disliked. His whole sjw shtick is invoking racism into everything and he supports and his supported by blm. That's the problem. His exit will undoubtedly bring outsider protests, biased news coverage calling CU racist, and social media hysteria. The best thing to do is for students to refuse to take his class.

Someone report Kumanmyface to

Feb 20, 2017, 4:54 PM

Overlord Trump to deport his ###

(smile) you resurrected this just for me?

Feb 20, 2017, 5:19 PM

This is how far the conservative right has fallen

Feb 20, 2017, 5:31 PM

The rights virulent hatred of the left is so extreme they're willing to actually give credence to any Cretan who's willing to espouse anti-liberal views. Here's the hero of the right.

February 20, 2017 FoxNews.com:"Organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference have disinvited professional provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos after a video interview emerged of him appearing to condone pedophilia emerged."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/20/cpac-disinvites-milo-yiannopoulos-from-conservative-conference.html

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/19/video-surfaces-of-milo-yiannopoulos-defending-pedophilia-acu-board-reportedly-not-consulted-on-cpac-invite/

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic