Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Dabo retires in 15-20 years...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

When Dabo retires in 15-20 years...

Jul 7, 2018, 4:01 PM

...am I the only one, after watching Trevor Matich's feature on the Clemson DL (among numerous other instances), who thinks that Christian Wilkins could well someday be a candidate to replace him?

Wilkins has all those elements of personality that make Dabo special, IMHO. He's incredibly engaging and charismatic, takes over a room. He's relentlessly positive but you get the idea he's also a cutthroat competitor under it. He's a masterful communicator, and obviously super-bright (not that you needed much hint, considering he graduated with honors in 3 years), but it's the clarity of thought that kind of sets him apart...it's an on-point, specific, and detail-oriented understanding of his craft that sets him apart. Small wonder he's making money subbing as a teacher; he's absolutely natural at it. Kids in his classroom probably learn more from him than they do their regular teachers.

He's going to be a dominant NFL player, but afterwards I'd keep on eye on his career trajectory. Those traits could easily find his way into an NFL broadcast booth...which would be a waste, because I think he's got future-great tools as a coach too, and Clemson would be well-advised to keep a coaching chair warm for him. He ever gets in, you kinda get the idea he'll rise right to the top.

Am I alone in this take?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Dabo goes to Bama when Mama calls....

Jul 7, 2018, 4:07 PM

I was thinking Jeff Scott or Tony Elliott. But if it’s that long from now then maybe CW. Positive attitude, attention to detail, and perseverance are key.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dabo will never coach for the University of Alabama.

Jul 7, 2018, 4:24 PM

When he leaves Clemson it will be for the retirement community he built on the moon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know.***

Jul 7, 2018, 6:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: When Dabo retires in 15-20 years...

Jul 7, 2018, 4:45 PM

Not sure we are going to get him as a coach as Dabo said CW might be president one day.

Depends on whether he still wants to coach after making truck loads

Jul 7, 2018, 4:47 PM

of cash in the NFL.

Re: Depends on whether he still wants to coach after making truck loads

Jul 7, 2018, 4:56 PM

Will DW4 be his offensive coordinator?

From bama?***

Jul 7, 2018, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry dawg, didn't see you beat me to it! :)

Jul 7, 2018, 5:27 PM

great minds yo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 5:04 PM

It would be crazy to have Deshaun Watson come back and Coach Offense, Ben Boulware come back and coach the Defense, and a whole bevy of other former players. It would be crazy to have that kind of staff on the team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 7, 2018, 6:04 PM

Hunter Renfrow needs to be in there somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

re: Renfrow needs to be in there

Jul 8, 2018, 3:49 PM

How 'bout special teams and recruiting?

Jul 7, 2018, 5:12 PM

I wouldn't put anything past him. He is going to have a lot of options with his personality and intelligence. I bet he does something interesting after his NFL career as a player.

from Alabama...

Jul 7, 2018, 5:26 PM

*ducking*

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes....

Jul 7, 2018, 5:31 PM

Because after he retires from the NFL he will be at work preparing to replace Clements

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 6:03 PM

I think you're on to something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 7, 2018, 6:20 PM

Governor or Senator, IF he wants it. But I hope it’s 30 years.

Better mention Amari Rodgers in this conversation

Jul 9, 2018, 7:50 AM

Dude is already an ace recruiter and a leader. He is going to be a good coach after his long NFL career.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic